Who have you met?

Cman

Marty, I'm jealous! I live in Vegas and the only person remotely famous I've met was Otto from Top Chef. He's a regular at the Starbucks I worked at. My husband is a stage hand on the strip so he gets to meet stars all the time. He had his picture taken with Seth Green and worked a party for Ludicris (I think) and he was within arms length of Paris Hilton. Maybe I should hang out with him at work. haha.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sons and a couple of their friends ran into David Hasselhoff at a drugstore in Maui a couple of summers ago. He was in line buying Red Bull and Dramamine (for his then wife, so he told them). He tried to ignore them, but one of the friends (a girl who happens to be really cute) kept bugging him to take a photo with her and her sister, so he finally gave in. It's pretty hysterical because he's really tall and she and her twin sister are really short. I'll have to see if I can get a copy of it somehow and post it...

I met Chantal Kreviazuk way before she was ever famous. She was just on her way and performed at our local mall. I got to speak with her after. She told me to follow my dreams and signed my poster.

I didn't speak to James Blunt, but he did jump off of the stage and touch my hand. God, I only wish I could have met him "met him"... all the way into the bedroom baby! *sigh*

Well, I live in Vegas, and work at the Bellagio, so I've seen ALL kinds of celebs. But, I've actually met Jenna Jameson (3 times, and was invited to a party for her 2 years ago), Uma Thurman, Aretha Franklin and William H. Macy.

But, I've SEEN tons of celebs out here: I've seen Angelina Jolie twice (once with Mad eating at the buffet in Mandalay Bay), and the other time, I JUST missed walking in the same hall as her and Brad during ShoWest 2 years ago (they took them through the employee entrance tunnels. I was pissed!) Angelina is drop-dead gorgeous in person, but a little lanky. Anyway, I've also seen: Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton (at a Madonna concert), Demi and Ashton, Beyonce' and Jay-Z, Pamela Anderson (twice), Michael Jordan, the entire cast of Ocean's 13, while they were filming at work, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, Kid Rock, Jaime Presley, Jenny McCarthy, Cameron Diaz, Ben Affleck, Forest Whitaker, Jennifer Lopez & Marc Anthony, Missy Elliot...hmmm, that's all I can think of right now.

Clint Eastwood (he's been friends with my uncle since wayyyyy back even when he was married to Maggie)

Geese & Curly (Harlem Globetrotters)

Willie Nelson & Eddie Rabbit when I was a little kid.

Alice Cooper (was friends with his assistant. We ate lunch with him a few times in Scotsdale area & he dragged us along to look at paint at Home Depot ffs)

Dated Alan Fowlkes (LA Angels)

Danny White (he coaches little league with my bro-in-law & we all BQ together alot)

Jeremy McGrath (Supercross) & several other Pro riders.

Axle Rose (I was working for a company that catered,set up & cleared for concerts.) I don't know if he was bored or what but he decided to 'help' me do this and that. Finally we hit Mae Wests (like a Dennys) at 3 a.m. for omlettes. Went back, dropped him off & went home. Didn't give him my # per request. No thanks!

Orlando Wilson (fishing)

Lance Burton (magician)

I think I'm forgetting one or two. hmmmm

Danny White (he coaches little league with my bro-in-law & we all BQ together alot)

My brother-in-law knew him in high school at Westwood!

That made me remember someone I've met: Pat Tillman. We met him at a Cardinals camp. My sons were so enthralled with him because when all the other players hightailed off the field to get away from autograph seekers, he actually came up to us and talked with us for awhile. He was so down to earth and friendly! He even asked my boys questions about their schools and what they liked to do. They thought he was so cool with his long hair too. They were devastated when he was killed in Iraq as he had become a hero to them- and us.

We met him at a Cardinals camp

and that reminds me...Willie McGee's (St. Louis Cardinals) daughter went to my school back when I was in 4th grade and she was a kindergartner. Christian Academy of Greater St. Louis. She told me a joke: Knock Knock

Who's there?

The big bad wolf

The big bad wolf who?

Pig. hahahaha

I know, it makes no sense but she was a five year old.

:lol:

• 11 months later...

I mostly have celebrity sightings but I did meet Regis Philbin (I was on Who wants to be a millionaire.)

But the funniest celebrity encounter I ever had happened in a Toys R Us. My husband comes running up to me and says " Honey, go check out the Sinbad wannabe in the next aisle" I go over to the next aisle and turned to my husband and said "Honey that isn't a wannabe, that is Sinbad." I still laugh whenever I think about that.

I did meet Regis Philbin (I was on Who wants to be a millionaire.)

Wow, that's pretty cool- did you make it on stage and, if so, how much did you win?

• 1 month later...

post-19164-1209423025_thumb.jpgdon't know if he counts as a celebrity, but Boston Rob from Survivor and Amazing Race came to my home in June 2006, when he had his segment on the Early Show called "Rob to the Rescue." I have to say the director was very bossy, and I got to talk with him a little bit, but it was not as enjoyable as I thought it would be.

• 1 month later...

Richard Gere, Kim Bassinger, George Dzunda while they were filming No Mercy..........I went out with Richard Gere's body double who was from Chicago for 3 months. All four were cool as h@ll and liked to party. Richard Gere played the piano in the piano bar after we closed down. It was great.

Dennis Quaid, Jessica Lange, Timothy Hutton and of course John Goodman who at one time had a place in New Orleans, not sure if he still does, but he comes down for every Mardi Gras. Quaid and Hutton were freaking awesome where Lange was a b!tch.

Richard Pryor, Jackie Gleason, Ned Beatty and Scott Schwartz...............Gleason loved Scotch, Pryor was just the person everyone seen on the big screen, he had a great sense of humor. Scott was just a kid, was very polite. They were filming the movie The Toy, the mansion where alot of the filming was done belonged to my boss, AC. Lewis

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name