PoV Speculations and Discussion

Tamossa

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks as if they have stuck with the format introduced last year of having just 6 HGs - the HoH, Nominees and a partner each - compete for the Veto - but do you prefer this format to previous years.

In series 3 all HGs competed for the "Power of Veto" - but if a nominee won the Veto they couldn't use it to save themselves. It was rarely used.

In series 4 all HGs competed for the "Golden Power of Veto" - which also enabled the Veto winner to save themselves if nominated. The Veto was used much more often - mainly to save Ali - and was considered by some to be more important than the HoH.

Last year just six HGs compete for the Power of Veto. The HoH and Nominees each pick one person to compete for the Golden Power of Veto.

It appears to be the same format this year, though it's worth noting the first Veto competition was more of a pair effort than competing individually.

So which format do you prefer - or do you have further ideas on how to twist the Veto. Personally, I liked the season 4 method of all HGs competing, with nominees able to save themselves.

My suggestion for the Veto.

All HGs - perhaps except for the HoH - would compete in the Veto Challenge.

However, with luxury challenges less frequent the winner of the Veto Challenge would be able to forfeit the Veto for a luxury prize - which could be an individual reward or something that benefits the house.

So even those perhaps not interested in winning the Veto would want to win it to exchange it for a luxury.

Guest ranster627

Now for me, I would like it if it was just the nominees who could compete for it ... then no nominations would ever be sacred, and real wrenches would be thrown in to the best laid plans. It would be fascinating to watch the HOH squirm ...

Now for me, I would like it if it was just the nominees who could compete for it ... then no nominations would ever be sacred, and real wrenches would be thrown in to the best laid plans. It would be fascinating to watch the HOH squirm ...

I like your idea. Maybe one further. Mix it up each week and have different vetos.

Golden Veto - HOH, Nominees and 1 friend each

"name 1" Veto - Just nominees compete

"name 2" Veto - All HG can compete

"name 3" Veto - Just nominees and HOH can compete (chance that no one wins)

etc...

The HG's would not know what kind of veto competition it would be until they start the competition. That way, any strategy they talked about all week could be out the window depending on what veto it is.

I agree. They are the ones that are on the chopping block so why not be the only ones competing to save themselves.

That would be flawed though. As a nominee would Veto themselves each week, the HoH would just not nominate the person they want out and then replace the saved nominee with the person they really want out!

That's why I think they should all compete for it - it's not just nominees competing to save themselves but other HGs competing to ensure if the nominee is saved, they aren't named as a replacement.

I just thought I would throw this out there... It was mentioned in a meeting that there may be some competions this season where no one would win the POV. I assume this may discourage anyone from using "a six-finger plan" the way Nakomis did last year.

Question about Veto. Last year I remember hearing them say that the Veto winner was safe no matter what but I never saw it in practice that way so I don't know.

So if a HG wins the Veto and uses it to save a nominee, is the Veto winner safe from being put up in place of the nominee??

Example in the last Veto comp if lets say Maggie won and she chose to save one of the nominees, could Rachel then put Maggie on the block in their place??

Question about Veto.  Last year I remember hearing them say that the Veto winner was safe no matter what but I never saw it in practice that way so I don't know.

So if a HG wins the Veto and uses it to save a nominee, is the Veto winner safe from being put up in place of the nominee??

Example in the last Veto comp if lets say Maggie won and she chose to save one of the nominees, could Rachel then put Maggie on the block in their place??

Actually I think that DID happen last season. And the winner of the Veto IS safe as is the person they choose to use the veto on.

Another idea.

The two nominees each pick a team of HGs for the Veto. (If odd number, one HG doesn't compete). The HoH doesn't compete.

The two teams face off in the first challenge. The winning team is then joined by the HoH to compete individually for the Veto in a second challenge.

A couple more ideas for one off Veto twists:

Firstly, as usual the nominees and HoH each pick one person to compete with them. They then compete as pairs. The nominee/HoH from the winning pair wins the Veto.

The twist is though if a nominee wins the Veto they can save themselves - but their partner (who helped them win it) will automatically replace them on the block!

And secondly, an idea which really has to be done in the first week and is inspired by a twist implied in week 1 of BBUK this year.

On the first day the HGs compete for food. One HG will unknowingly win an item which represents the Veto. They will be called to the diary room and told they have won the "Secret Veto" - but there is a twist.

They must get themselves nominated for eviction by the first HoH. They must keep this twist a secret, and obviously must throw the first HoH comp. If they fail to get nominated they will automatically replace one nominee of the HoH's choice on the block. If they get themselves nominated, they will be safe.

Over the next week they compete to be the first HoH and to win the hot tub - and then the HoH makes their nominations.

After the nominations are made the HGs are informed that one HGs already has won the first power of Veto and the twist is revealed.

The first eviction then takes place before the next HoH comp - then from then on the Veto is played as usual.

Guest gosarah

Do you think that Jannelle will use the POV to protect herself or to take Mike off? She should use it on herself, and she has proven to be a great competitor when it comes to any kind of competition, so she really has an excellent chance to win it. But I thought I heard my fav3 (her, Kaysar and Mike) talking and she suggested that she might take Mike off instead. But that would be the end for her, wouldn't it?

Guest JAMSHAM12

well if janelle takes mike off the block then eric would put up kaysar so i dont know i think both of them will stay in the house

According to the feeds last night Kaysar suggested that none of them use it to save anyone except themselves. They all agreed. Kaysar already told Janelle and Micheal if he wins it he's not going to use it. My guess is he's gunning for Mike to win it as Mike and Kaysar will play together for it. Janelle wants Howie to help her win it but I don't know if Howies will go all out.

Well .. it's quite possible Kaysar is just saying that. But actually .. I think he realizes that if he does use the POV to save Mike that he is putting a pretty big target on HIS back .. putting their partnership up for detection .. I think Kaysar thinks they can sway or get the votes.