Are Survivor Players Better Gamers Than Bb? A Debate.

Xal

its hard enough comparing BB u.s.a. to other BB's around the world because of how they set it up so differently.

its a whole different ballpark with survivor. if they were anything alike... they wouldnt have the 2 different shows. one would have beat out the other the first year they came out and that would be that. why would a network have 2 running shows if they were anything alike. or, they could have called BB.. "survivor, california style" lmao

I don't think survivor players are better gamers than BB. As someone mentioned, we only see the edited version of survivor. I think it's editing that makes it appear as if they are. People are people and with BB we get to see the real deal . Just look at how different an edited show of BB is.

I will say though that I'd love for BB to do what survivor did and have a final three instead of just two.

Cathy, you make a good point about the editing.

Last year I wasn't posting here, and I didn't have live feeds.

So I knew only the edited versions of the show...what I saw on TV

So ya, editing is another huge factor that makes it impossible to compare the two shows.

I think the players on Survivor have it much harder than the (pampered) players on BB. With the tribe aspect, it's much more apparent if you aren't pulling your own weight. On BB, people can lay around & do basically nothing around the house, and still hang in there. On Survivor, people reject you if you try to be the boss and run the tribe. Bossy people on BB don't seem to have as big of a target.

It's hard for me to compare the two games. I do think the last few seasons of Survivor have gotten dangerously close to turning into BB as far as casting. On the last 2 seasons, a lot of the players were sought out and requested for the game, not selected via the usual try-outs. This was made known during the first racially divided season, and then people said it happened last season as well. I'm opposed to either show going out and looking for people to play, rather than choosing from the applications of people who want to play, and know how it's played. I dislike players who's only goal is to get on TV and use their experience as a way to start an acting career. Play the game because you want to win, not because you want to be "discovered".

I love BB, I love Survivor. I don't think many players who have been on BB could handle playing Survivor because of the added physical part of it. Survivor is hard, and BB has a lot of pretty and delicate people who play, who would be chewed up & spit out within days.

I agree that the two shows are too different to compare.

BB...nice house, nice back yard...food.

Survivor...dumped out in the middle of nowhere...they have to find

shelter...make fire, boil water...find food.

Survivor's comps are almost always very phisical.

I like BB....I love Survivor........JMHO :pixiedust:

It is two very separate games. On Survivor, you have to be a good team player as well as a single player. BB it is all for yourself. I would like to see future BB to have some competitions and duties which require them to partner up with someone that they may not like. Would make for an interesting outcome. Like when you pick someone to play POV, you have to compete at a competition together.

survivor contestants are by far more intelligent game wise to the obvious. in survivor they actually make a effort to take out the gamers who dominate comps bb hg are not as bright . bb casting is very apparently that they cast certain hg for their lack of common sense

Yup. Its what happens when you cast a bunch of wannabee models with the IQ of half a turnip. The one time they do cast someone intelligent (Will) and he ends up taking the whole damn thing...twice almost.

survivor contestants are by far more intelligent game wise

I've seen nothing to prove or disprove that.

Again, you couldn't make that determination in a totally different game, with so many different factors and situations.

Archived