The Blue Ball Controversy

OmegaBetaZeta

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i figured that she mistakenly picked up a blue ball thinking it was green and put in it there but i can see the bouncing theory. either way, if the ball was not put in their by a person then the game was moot. she was unfairly disqualified and affected the outcome of the game. not a good comp but of course, BB has its motivations to keep its favorites in.

I remember last year there was an HOH comp. that was re-played because of a technical malfunction on Janelle's doohickey. And, there were a lot of complaints that she would have been out anyways because of the subsequent questions but, BB re-did the competition to be fair.

So, it is possible that if there was "foul" play with the blue ball... they are doing the POV again. But, imo... Zach will win the 2nd time too... LOL

Ok....thats what he picked up...I knew he pick something up.

and yes, he showed his broken necklace to Dani in the kitchen.

No conspiracy here folks.....IMHO

I remember last year there was an HOH comp. that was re-played because of a technical malfunction on Janelle's doohickey. And, there were a lot of complaints that she would have been out anyways because of the subsequent questions but, BB re-did the competition to be fair.

Actually in that instance, Janelle had been eliminated from the competition for missing a question, no technical difficulty problems. The technical problems occured later on when Howie's buzzer didn't go off when he hit an answer in the first time. James and Mike also mentioned having to hit the buzzer a few times to get it to light up.

it compromises the ethics of the game, just because something probably would have happened doesn't mean it necessarily would have

The only other possible scenario would have been for Dick to replace Jameka with Danielle. I don't see that happening.

As for the comp favoring the stronger, taller players, many physical comps favor the smaller, more agile players. That's just the way it goes with BB.

I don't see why it's so hard to believe that the ball bounced in... Stranger things have happened... I really don't think anyone put that ball in there to get her DQ'ed...

Well in theory Jameka could win, Dick could put up Zach Jameka could vote for Zach to go. Then Dick without time to confer could have decided Zach was a bigger threat. Point is you never know, if Jameka didn't put the ball in herself she shouldn't have been DQ'd.

I don't see why it's so hard to believe that the ball bounced in... Stranger things have happened... I really don't think anyone put that ball in there to get her DQ'ed...
Without knowing the physics of it all, I don't know if the ball would be able to fit into the whole at the speed it was moving and the exact placement it would need to fall in there. It seems pretty unlikely.

Makes me think back to (BB5?), when (Erica and Marvin?) were playing golf for HOH, and the instructions were that the winner was the first to have their golf ball reach the bottom of the tube. Marvin's went in the hole first, but circled around, allowing Erica's ball to drop to the bottom first. Julie declared Marvin the winner and Erica didn't get HOH. I was SURE BB would review that comp and reverse who was HOH. It wasn't a fast forward night, BB could have easily changed the HOH from Marvin to Erica. But... they didn't... ever since then, I'm not surprised when BB leaves the results the same.

in an attempt to lighten the heated thread:

Is it just me or in a hilarious vision, can anyone else imagine if waamber was still here and part of this competition???

she would still be crying :schmoll: right now.

You conspiracy guys are gonna love this. I just went back and watched the POV. Dick did in fact put a necklace in his pocket. But if you watch closely, after Julie announces Jameka is in the lead with 3 balls, they show a shot of Dick holding a blue ball in his left hand.

You never see Dick go near Jameka's tube or anyone else for that matter, so it is nothing definitive. Just interesting. If anyone with a DVR would like to confirm it for themselves, you can see it between when Julie say Zach has 2 balls and 3 balls.

You conspiracy guys are gonna love this. I just went back and watched the POV. Dick did in fact put a necklace in his pocket. But if you watch closely, after Julie announces Jameka is in the lead with 3 balls, they show a shot of Dick holding a blue ball in his left hand.

You never see Dick go near Jameka's tube or anyone else for that matter, so it is nothing definitive. Just interesting. If anyone with a DVR would like to confirm it for themselves, you can see it between when Julie say Zach has 2 balls and 3 balls.

Right after that, they cut to a wide view where you can see Jameka's tube still has no blue ball yet, and Dick with no ball in either hand.

I'm going to laugh when they show the footage of it bouncing in on Sunday's episode.

Archived