Cbs Should Kick Dick Out

lc1166

I'm sorry, erinjs, but I don't get your point?

Amber being ignorant and making bigoted comments about a faith is somehow worse than Dick being ignorant and making misogynistic comments that reflect his disrespect for women? To me, they're both bad, equally so. Hating on someone for their religion, and hating on someone for being a woman are both repugnant.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think its an issue of misogyny. Dick isn't "preying" on Jameka and Amber (and earlier Jen) because they're women, he's doing it because he can't stand them. He's called Eric and Dustin out and it's been just as brutal. The only difference is that he can't get personal with Eric and Dustin, because Eric and Dustin haven't been as stupid as Amber to throw out personal information at the drop of a hat without regard for how it could possibly be used, given the setting.

I don't think its an issue of misogyny.

Well, we can agree to disagree then. Because I don't think that Dick has gone after any of the men with any of the venom that he has the women, and I doubt he would. Given what he's said to and about Jen, and the exchange he had with Amber and Jameka last night, I would argue that it was very much a case of misogyny. I wouldn't stand for it. That's just me.

dick seems like he loves/respects women and treats them well and even "gentlemanly" when he is in a good mood. however(big however!) he has a hair trigger temper and gets personal...and yes, misogynistic when he's angry. he really has, i think, an anger management disorder...and he should get help. i think when he feels powerless, he just strikes out at the basest level, and usually regrets it later. he can learn not to lash out at all. it would make him feel better to have more control.

This is why, if you look at the last few weeks of the CBS poll, "Who's your favorite house guest", you see ED's %s growing. The same attitudes and judgements I see here are the reasons America has fallen out of "like" with the LNC. Love him or hate him, Dick has the raw nerve to be DICK! I am sick of hearing the word fake used by 5 of the fakest people in the house! You may have different values, but that's what they are, different, not better!!! I wouldn't live with Evil Dick outside of a comp for a cool half mil, but party with him, ANY TIME! And for a half mil he could hurl all the insults and ice tea at me he wanted! Not that I'm a Jen fan by any means but she's the only one who's managed Dick perfectly!

By the way, I'll take Hooter chicks and washed up '80s rockers over the hypocritical judgement of a Bible thumper any day!! And this from a girl raised in the Bible Belt!

Spacecadet

If it was a case of misogyny last night with Amber and Jameka then what is the definition of what they did. It wasn't Dick seeking out Jameka last night if I am not mistaken, it was Jameka who at first tried to stir it up outside then when Dick goes into the kitchen she follows him in there to start the arguement. At any time she could have left, she wasnt cleaning, doing the dishes, cooking so really had no reason to be near the kitchen accept to stir the pot (which there is nothing wrong with that but to put that on Dick in this instance is completely wrong)

Again, as it has been said a million times, Dick is not a saint, but he is who he says he is, acts how he says he acts and doesnt try to hide it, Nerd Herd part 2 is sickening because they have the holier than now attitude and are just as bad

Dick is more of a feminist than any other man in that house. He treats the women in the exact same way he treats the men. No difference. That is the ultimate respect. True equals. No double standard with Dick. This is what comes from true equality; but, of course, one needs to be mature enough to take the good, nice soft stuff along with the unpleasant nasty hard stuff.

Okay I think I'm the only openly feminist poster on the board (have mentioned it several times over the past few years) and I was drinking a glass of water literally had it come out my nose when I read this comment. Are you kidding me? First of all, it's incredibly over simplistic and is trying to sell the notion that equal opportunity of abuse equates to some grand notion of respect. That is utter bologna. Dick's profile at this point has become pretty darn apparent. He's an abusive personality. He escalates, he degrades, he does everything classic verbal abusers do to try to control the situations he's in, and he's not content with anything less. Beyond that, when Mike and he almost got into it he walked off - perhaps because Mike was of a size that intimidated Dick. When he does bother with abusiveness to men, he picks the smaller, less masculine men. One's he considers on par with women. He also uses sexuality, gender in an attempt to degrade women and put them in their place.

Try to play it off how you like, but it's just you trying to defend Dick, not you being clever or enlightened in some way that others aren't. He's not an equal opportunity feminist, he's an abuser and he picks his targets very obviously to people who are capable of seeing how abusers work.

Um, I am sorry popeye, but even if Jameka was stirring the pot or picking the fight (first time she has ever done so this entire season, I believe), I don't believe that at all justifies the sort of abuse that was coming out of Dick's mouth. The names he was calling those women were out of line, I am sorry. And yes, Jameka was out of line for calling his mom a bitch, but I am sorry, that is nothing compared to the c-bombs he dropped and telling her to suck his c---. It's just not at all on par.

None of them are acting as maturely as they probably would like, none of them are infallible. Yes, they all have faults... but I am sorry, Dick's behavior is just way over the top for me, and totally unacceptable. And that is NOT saying that I don't think that other HGs behavior is any more/less so. But this topic is about Dick.

And yes, Synnovea, very well said.

ok, i have seen it both pilled up and sober.

who could hear dick with jameka and amber yacking it up bla bla bla sFun_blahblah.gif

i dont think he said anything in a vile mean way like he has to say................. jen?

the whole thing last night was more like a jr. high class on "how to insult yo mamma" and if anyone out there hasnt heard someone on the street say "suck this" or "suck my d**k" then i think they live on some far away island. i hear it every day on my way to work.. :animated_rotfl:

It isn't just the juvenile 'suck my dick' types of comments though. It's straight up sexually graphic commentary meant to degrade and belittle. It's the kind of commentary that is used to make a person feel totally small and dominated. To attempt to paint Dick as anything other than someone that uses verbal harassment is almost absurd to me. I didn't want to see it either. I didn't want to admit it. I can't just can't justify it anymore as him pulling a Howie (which was also harassment, but of a much lower tone - is that even possible??!!).

I'd actually even up the anty some to say it's both verbal abuse and sexual abuse. That sort of commentary in a work place would most CERTAINLY fall under sexual harassment laws. The commentary in a household would fall under verbal abuse standards for any domestic violence shelter.

Sad part is, until Dick fixes that part of him that thinks that it's okay to abuse people, I doubt he'll ever have the rewarding relationship he seems to really want to have with his daughter. And I genuinely hope that his son doesn't become a daddy clone and see abusiveness as an okay way to control his own life.

I had to laugh at his partners comment about him being a big hearted person and a softy. For some reason people seem to think that abusers can't also be good people in some areas of their lives (or even many areas of their lives). Abusers abuse because of their own issues (control/lack of self-esteem/anger). Different aspects in a personality can easily co-exist without cancelling each other out. So he's a person with a big heart and is a softy that also abuses people when he feels out of control. He's still an abuser.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention. Found it absolutely classic that Dilana - the same woman who all the fans eventually were totally angered by her callous and rude behavior on Rockstar was one of Dick's character witnesses. It explained a lot.

It's true that Dick wasn't nearly as angry during his fight with Jameka and Amber as he was with Jen. In my opinion, Jen angered him because he couldn't get her to respond to him. He can't stand it when he doesn't get the reaction he wants.

However, I cannot stand men or women who use the "c" word or the "t" word (words for womens' genitalia) to insult women. It shows how little value Dick has for women.

I keep coming back to this--there is a reason that Daniele has nothing to do with her father, and she isn't telling it to us, probably for good reason.

They all signed a contract that they would agree to put up with whatever BS the other hg's would spew to them........ED went in there to :stirthepot: ..........he hangs out in a bar with rockers and groupies..........he's a creep as far as most of our standards but BB knew exactly who he was b4 they put him in there.........it's a SHOW.

I didn't see dilana, but I loved her on rockstar. Jameka, Amber and ED's yelling was like the "Dirty Dozens", I know he dropped C-bombs, but she did the your mamma thing, oh well, nother day, nother eruption, probably will get worse this week before it gets better. Yeah, I know it will get better after ED leaves, just sayin, before it gets said

Archived