Eric Week 6 - America's Player

CeCiMom

I don't think anyone here has indicated that you can't like Eric if you want. (Even tho now you have called anyone who likes Dick a sheep) But why should the votes for AP make it easy for him? Just because CBS choose him to 'play for us', everyone has to support him? And as he gets farther in the game, we who don't like him should be happy that he might win the money just because he was AP?

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think someone has it backwards... It's not the fans of Amber, Eric, Dustin, or Jameka that are ripped apart for being fans, it's the Dick fans that are ripped apart and called names...

1) Eric called Nick a violent person

2) Eric called Zack a molester

3) Eric told the internet about Amber's secret and was saving it for blackmail

4) Eric insinuated that Dick and Dani were commiting incest saying they were probably f*cking each other.

Not flaming you Morty, but your post had all the accusations/facts in one convenient place for me to ask/say these things:

1. The only defensible item on this list: Eric's opinion. Could easily be used for gameplay leverage, especially if he said that early on--to scare the girls into voting against him. But I don't remember when that was said.

2. Ouch! Eric said Zach was one, or merely looked like one? Taken in or out of context, that's not very nice of him. Can't defend that one.

3. We won't revisit that one. :)

And let me say that I'm not defending Eric as a person. I can barely defend him as a player anymore, which leads me to the aside that my fiancee and I like to pick our "favorites" as they walk in the house. I picked Eric before it was even revealed he was America's Player. But...

4. This one takes the cake. I'm gonna Youtube/Google to see how that came up in a conversation. Yuck.

Well, you can't blame America if they want to screw Eric over, since maybe the Eric supporters don't see it this way, but alot see him as a sick guy. Add to that in the shows he makes comments how America should be playing into his strategy. He is mistaken how AP should be played apparently. We don't have to play how he wants, we play how we want. The phrase is, Eric is working for you America, not you are working for Eric.

star,

The context of Eric's incest comments were his normal trash talking in a convo with Dustin and Amber. Apparently they wanted to deduce something between them hanging out and a passing comment Dick once made about liking petite blondes. Then Eric's comment. So it was a glimpse into how his mind works, which coupled with other things, he's just disturbed.

Was this the only time he's made such comments, or does anyone know if there have been others?

So true, yes Dick fans are being smacked also, every HG's fan thread is riddle with those who jump in to state their dislike, the nature of the beast on bulletin boards. Some just type faster and louder and are more opinionated than others.

It's like is the glass half full or half empty. To each its own how it is perceived.

And, those who don't like other players can't control their game play either, such as those who don't like Eric are able to do.

:animated_bouncy:

I'm a dick fan and i am feeling pretty good. As long as jen and zach vote to keep dick, he will stay, because they will have eric and dani as well. I am just a little on the edge with jen. Who knows what either jen or zach will do because they may think he will leave and will not want to blow their cover.

TML - sorry it took so long to answer. Man this thread is hoppin. Because that was his job going into the house, to be America's player, not to play for Eric. If he would have done what America wanted from the get go, maybe America would be on his side now. Instead it seems like the voters are purposely screwin him. And that's his own fault. He sucks as America's player. :(

When I think of the context of America's Player, I can't help but think how Dr.Will would play it. He would constantly alter his strategy and then do exactly as America asked. I'm willing to bet thats what CBS had in mind with the position as well. Instead, Eric insinuates we should play into his strategy and work for him, please.

exactly, volzilla. I said the same thing a week or so ago. Eric should have conformed his gameplay to our wishes. He didn't and he p.o.'d America. He brought this on himself. I, for one, am laughing my rear off about it too.

I was an Eric fan before he ignored us, as I was excited about having an America's Player. Can't stand him now. He made his bed...

njdukie,

I'm not saying he should play like Will, I was using general terms and throwing out Will's name as an example. To me, the context of America's player strategy should be do what America wants, go at it full force, and adjust your personal strategy into all that. Will or a player like him would do that and that is why I suggested his name as an example. And I'm willing to bet if we had a convo with the producers, that is what they had in mind with the entire concept.

Instead, we get Eric who thinks we should play into his strategy, and be a scumbag while doing such.

Had he done like the concept stated first, I'd be all for helping him out. But he's not playing like that and he's not likeable to boot, hence I want him to be screwed over.

Edit: kywildcat...exactly, I liked him before too, until he ignored us, showed he's not smart enough for the role, and all his scumbag comments and actions.

Archived