Dick Week 6

CeCiMom

Alright already. How many people allow their 8 yr olds up late at night? And to watch Big Brother? Ridiculous. My son didn't start watching most of the shows I watch until he was well into his teen years. He was usually in bed by 9 pm as most children that age should be [unless they are out travelling with their parent(s)]

As for Dick, he treats EVERYONE the same, not just women so get off your feminist high-horses. I admire him for his forth-right manner and his devotion to his family. I don't know anyone with common sense or a strong belief in themselves who would want someone to lie to them. I know I certainly don't. Fakeness is something that I can't stand. So if Dick is loud in his opinions, so what. Everyone is entitled to one, his just happens to upset those with self-righteous attitudes. There isn't a person alive who hasn't raised their voice in anger or protest at some point or another. It's a fact of life.

If and when Dick leaves the show, it will be like being in a coma; watching arrogant, ignorant stupid people like the new nerd-herd won't do anything for the show, and all my friends & people we work with feel the same way. The only reason most people continued to watch season 6 was because Janelle was there 'til the end. You don't really think people tuned in the watch Maggie & Ivette, do you? I'd rather have a root canal, herpes or crotch-crabs then have to watch the show without Dick & Jen. And even Jen can be boring, so the show ends at Dick leaving because can anyone honestly say that anyone else in that house deserves to win?

But in the end, it's the American way that LIARS always prosper and those who don't are the bad guys. How screwed up is that?

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you have to be crazy to think they don't.
Well, one does have to be a little crazy to be glued to a tv show three times a week in the summertime, watch 24 hr feeds of the lab rats nawing at each other for half a million dollars and then coming to a message board to argue with others about how the rats act while going thru the maze...Jus sayin'...

so get off your feminist high-horses.
After all the beatings today, I don't think there are any horses left standing...

Dick"s devotion to his family???????????????? are you kidding me?????????????? saying dick is devoted is like saying he doesn't lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd rather have a root canal without novicane, then have to be subjected to anymore verbal assualts from Dick!!!!!!! You're entitled to your opinion, but your going a bit far with the devotion crap!! The show will be so much more wonderful and exciting to watch wiithout dick. He is so vile and gross. Bye Bye Dick, don't let the door hit u in the arse!!

Dick needs to stop buying clothes in Hot Topic and save that for the 16 year olds. "I'm mean because you're stupid" shirt should read "I'm an assh*le and such is life."

Incredibly hard to say he is devoted when they (though I think they are lying) have been estranged...where's the devotion?

Harrasing women in front of your daughter is great parenting. :rollseyes: Having your daughter giggle and get her rocks off when he's doing it, proves my parenting point!

As for Dick bashing...it's been going on since before he ridiculed Jen...as for other bashing and there's plenty on other threads, went accordingly-meaning who ever went against Dick/Dani got bashed more.

Not sure where I read the comment, but as for 8 year olds watching BB and those who thought it wasn't right....I believe those who are against it, thought it perfectly OK for Dick to act like a spoiled, tantrum throwing, vile creature!

Jus' sayin'

but as for 8 year olds watching BB and those who thought it wasn't right....I believe those who are against it, thought it perfectly OK for Dick to act like a spoiled, tantrum throwing, vile creature!

I don't think it is right for anyone to act like a vile creature. So many of the HG have been vile in so many ways. (each HG has their own way to be vile)

And I did say I would not let my 8 year old watch the show. There are so many other ways to teach your child about life then a reality show. Especially this year with all the dysfunctional people.

I would never want my daughter to witbness anyone sexually degraded by me or anyone else but then to have her laugh at me doing it would make me question what kind of child I raised. Its a very strange dynamic these 2 have as parent/child. On one hand while I do not like some of the things I see from dani I think maybe its all about how she was brought up by Dick. Maybe she doesnt have a good understanding of right and wrong based on the example he set as a parent. Maybe she actually turned out as well as any kid could with dick as a parent.

Makes me really appreciate my parents and the example they set for me.

A child is always a child of their parents. My parents always set a good example for me no matter how old I have become.

She wasnt always 8. Do you think Dick was a different person 5 years ago? 10 years ago?

Would you act as Dick acts in front of your children?

well.. since dick isnt the one that raised her... "good parenting" kinda goes out the window as far as these two are concerned.

thats the whole problem with their relationship. she wasnt raised by him. he wasnt the parent. he was more like the visiting dad or something. so when people say "bad parenting" in reference to dick, i think its unfair to say. he wasnt the parent to her growing up.

I think they were closer than leading on...but I think it may be insulting to those who had influence on their children even though they didn't live with them. Even visiting parents have influence on their kids. Also, he's her parent and he's living in the house...so yes, I will stand by what I said...good parenting never ends.

thats cool. we all have our opinions. and i stand by mine too!

My father was in the Navy.. he wasnt around much of my childhood. so for the little time he was around... i remember him in our face yelling orders (like he was the captain of the ship)

i wouldnt say i had a bad childhood or bad parenting, i actually have fond memories...but i learned early on how to clean every nook and cranny. i learned how to suck it up and get to work on time whether i was sick or whatever. how to treat people with respect, specially our elders.. i learned what was right and wrong and how to respect myself.

but when i turned 18 and moved out.. all hell broke loose for me and for the next few years i was hell on wheels. i think its common for most at that age. and that is where daniele is right now. so i dont fault her for giggling or being icy.. annoying? YES.. is she a favorite of mine? NO.. is she a bad person? NO.

have i lost my way? YES.. do i know where i am? NO

Kail said she was intimidated by him.

Amber says she lives in fear of him

Dani said she grew up in fear of him

Kail said on Good Morning America she would love to be on an AllStar season with Dick.

Amber lives in fear? I bet in her dyfuntional relationships with her boyfriend they throw knives at each other.

Dani said a lot of things when she first got on the show to distance herself from her father. I did not hear her say that but if she did I don't beleive she meant it. He has shown to be a very loving and caring father to her on the show. I think they will be able to mend any rifts after the show.

I don't mind name calling and intimidation tactics...but I do mind the degrading sexual references and remarks...which are constant in all his arguments. What surprises me here on these boards is women who defend his actions. I'm certain in real life most of them wouldn't condone it or allow a man to speak to them in that manner...but they allow it for game sake here? Why...I really don't understand.

Personally, I don't like seeing the degrading behavior from him, any of the houseguests or posters. Approval of it by posters and applauding him only reinforces to the impressionable and the already twisted people out there that it is ok to speak or think about others in that regard...which it is not!

Kail said she was intimidated by Dick on housecalls. She said she wanted to be on All stars with Dick because thats the way the question was posed but I'm sure she would prefer he not be there. Kail was very polite on house calls but it was clear what she though of Dick. She was shocked any females would like Dick. She said he abused women!

Archived