Media Articles & Links

TV_Paige

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was anyone else wondering about the new theme music and different announcer voice?

I couldn't find anything else posted about it here, so here's what I dug up. (No real explanation as to WHY, though.)

(Click on the link of the first quote for an article about the history of Big Brother in the USA.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_%28USA%29]The continuity announcer for the first five seasons was Phil Proctor. He played an active role in the first season introducing every scene, but with the major changes to the program after the initial series, he was relegated to the opening and closing of each episode. For season 6, Proctor was replaced by Clayton Halsey. This decision was made so late, Proctor had already toured the new set.
http://forums.realitytvplanet.com/viewtopi...ghlight=#402667]"It is with a sad heart and a diminished bank account that I must 

inform you that on the afternoon of the day before I was to begin my 4th 

season as announcer on 'Big Brother 6,' I was told that due to all the 

'new' aspects of the show my services would not be required after all, 

even though I actually had a tour of the house and got my new security 

badge! 

According to a nice letter from the producers at Arnold Shapiro 

Productions the suits at CBS decided to change the entire opening 

sequence including the music (after 5 years) and the announcer (after 3) 

and they waited until the last minute to can me... so there you are. 

And here I am."

Big Brother[New]

8 pm/ET, CBS

The latest surprise in BB's Summer of Secrets is that one of the previously evicted houseguests will return to the house on Thursday. Since viewers will decide who returns, can you say, "Hello, Eric"? The Las Vegas father and firefighter looks like a shoo-in to receive the most viewer votes. All of which means that new Head of Household Howie must nominate Maggie, Eric's partner in the game, for eviction tonight. There's no way that Howie's group of Janelle, James, Sarah and Rachel is going to let Mags stick around.

watercooler said the same thing. Have to remember, BBS and chat are not an accurate representaion of what will happen. Have to vote as much as possible. Others don't know any better.
Is Tim Holland a weather forecaster?

According to The Futon Critic http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/ratings....cgi?id=thursday

Big Brother 6 is doing well for CBS on Thursday and the network is #1.

I can see Eric winning to come back in the game regardless of how the voting goes just because of the Fire Fighter appeal. They always potrayed him differntly in the show. I just hate to see Eric go back in so soon, that house will go back to being so severly divided again. Atleast right now they talk to each other.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

Big Brother

Howie picked James and Sarah to put on the block? Yes, they should be out of there, but he should have played it differently. If he'd told James and Sarah he was going to use them as pawns and then put Maggie up when one of them won POV, then he wouldn't have lost James as a future ally. What if

Guest ranster627

Big Brother

At this point I think I'm going to be really disappointed if James doesn't win this game. He's playing hard and getting respect from his roomies. They even want him to get a "platinum" veto award. (Heck, I'd be happy to get a platinum credit card.) I'd actually be really thrilled if I just understood Beau's speech at the nomination ceremony. I was as confused as Rachel by the whole gray/black/white thing.... Maybe something was edited out? Or maybe he doesn't know how to complete a thought. Either way, the hive mind, or "nerd herd," as Howie has dubbed them, seemed to get his point, and were miffed that Rachel was baffled. Rachel does have some weird facial expressions, but I don't get why Ivette went off on her in the diary room. She mentioned something about poor sportsmanship. Um, yeah, kettle, meet pot. Did she really forget so quickly that her pal, Jenny, was the one who threw her HOH key across the yard? Or that the "Friendship" refused to go upstairs to see Janelle's HOH bedroom? I'm not saying that anyone is behaving well on this show; they are all pretty awful at times, but I am annoyed by the superiority that has reigned supreme this week. All I ask is that unapologetic and off-the-wall Howie gets another few days in the house

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Insider

Big Brother KO's Kaysar... Again

by Angel Cohn

The second time was not the charm for Kaysar Ridha in the Big Brother house. The Californian graphic designer earned a new lease on his reality-TV life thanks to winning a whopping 82 percent majority in the America's Choice vote. But his stay turned out to be short-lived when he made a deal with Jennifer and gave her Head of Household in return for his safety. She went back on her word

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Ask Matt

Question: I know you have said in the past that you do not like Big Brother, but this season has been amazing. At first I thought they just went for the cookie-cutter good-looking people, but there are many diverse and interesting people this year. I just wanted to know if you have given this season a chance, and if you have, what do you think?

Matt Roush: Sorry, still not a fan, but I'm glad you're enjoying it. What I do find fascinating is how when the producers' plans backfire

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Entertainment News

BIG BROUHAHA: reviewed tapes immediately after the competition and Janelle is, in fact, the winner." And very tan.

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Entertainment News

BIG BROTHER IS TEXTING YOU...: Watch for Big Brother host Julie Chen to present viewers with a second America's Choice question, answerable via text messaging, on Thursday night's show, says the New York Post. The first time the show gave fans a Choice, they voted to bring back Kaysar

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: the Water Cooler

Big Brother

So the big twist was revealed: America gets to vote on who should get a phone call from home. I don't even care right now. But I feel like I should take any opportunity to vote and express my opinion, so I'm voting for James. Not that I feel he's more deserving or anything, but I've got a feeling he's going to be around for a while. Rachel was sent packing, big surprise. I don't get Ivette's parting comment to Rachel. I could understand if Ivette had been talking about Janelle, but Rachel? I must have missed something. The horse-breeder even tried to keep her partner, Howie, calmed down when he was picking on Busto, um, April. OK, it didn't work, but she tried. And I know that Howie wanted revenge, but now that April's HOH, I'm pretty sure that the funny man will get his dream threesome next week when he's sequestered with Jenny and Rachel. Heck, he'll probably even be happy to go, though I'm not convinced I'll be happy watching the show without him. Even though it was an annoying and conceited comment on his part, he really is the star of the show. Gosh, that's sad.

Guest ranster627

Big Brother

Wait a second. Did April just make a strategic decision without the complete approval of the hive mind? Seriously, I'm impressed that she didn't fall victim to Ivette's big crocodile tears. It almost makes up for the fact that she called all of America and Big Brother's fans "pieces of s--t." Real nice. Comments like that make it obvious why the viewers decided to give the phone call from home to Janelle and not to her or anyone else in the so-called Friendship. It will be interesting when Ivette has to choose whom to vote for and show her true colors to the rest of the Friendship

Guest ranster627

Big Brother

In this episode of the show that should be renamed "The Crying Game," Ivette and April were brought to tears by... next to nothing. Shocking. I guess being in close confines with nothing else to focus on, every tiny molehill seems like a mountain. But why hasn't Janelle been an emotional basket case every one of the many times she's been put up on the nomination block? Hmm... Anyway, Maggie actually made a good point when she told the weepy April that it would be better to go up against one of the Sovereign Two than to go up against a member of the Friendship. So she does have brain; it must have finally broken free from the hive mind. But her decision to keep April around instead of trying to help Beau may have made an enemy of the outspoken Ivette. It should be interesting to see if HOH Ivette decides to nominate April and Maggie instead of Howie and Janelle. Maybe then it really will be the return of the Jedi.... I mean, Howie's already got some really cool lightsabers (does it make me a total geek that I want one?); now if he could just master the Jedi mind trick and use the Force on Ivette, he might be able to extend his stay to the bitter end.

Big Brother Baddie Gets Beaten

by Angel Cohn

james9iy.jpg

James Rhine

James Rhine of Atlanta kicked off the sixth season of Big Brother with shady playing that included plenty of lying and deceiving. Doing so made the 29-year-old loss-prevention manager (who claimed he was a teacher) a huge target for the houseguests. They tried to evict him multiple times, taking out his beloved show partner and real-life girlfriend, Sarah Hrejsa, in the process. But the tough player kept winning the Power of Veto and used his skills at manipulation to pit the two alliances against each other. After his luck finally ran out last Thursday, he spoke with TVGuide.com before heading to the sequester house

Guest ranster627

Big Brother

Janelle won HOH... I think this might be the happiest I've been while watching TV all summer. Hold on a sec while I go vote for her to get the day on the set of Two and a Half Men... her winning would rub some serious salt in the wounds of the remaining nerd herders. It makes me even happier that Janelle won HOH by answering all the questions about the houseguests correctly. Especially since from reading the live recaps online, I know that the Friendship has actually been studying and trying to recall details. It must just irk them to no end that the ditzy-looking blonde can keep all those facts in that pretty little head of hers. Just like that kid who slacked off in class but always aced the finals. But I'm not going to feel sorry for any of them, because even Ivette's own mom and girlfriend didn't approve of her trusting the Friendship members, especially April. I love that girlfriend Maggie

Guest ranster627

Big Brother

I know it probably makes me kind of a terrible person, but I derived quite a bit of enjoyment from watching Ivette, Maggie and April whine about the fact that Janelle won yet another competition. See, perhaps if April hadn't called all the viewers pieces of s--t the last time Janelle won an America's Choice competition, then maybe a few more of the votes would have fallen in her direction. Yeah, right. But my favorite part of the whole night was when April put her foot in her mouth by saying that she never said she hated anyone in the game, but that she really hated Janelle. The lovely BB editors put together a string of her hateful remarks toward just about everyone who wasn't a member of the Friendship

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Insider

Big Brother Says No to Beau

by Angel Cohn

Thanks to last week's surprise double eviction, James Rhine wasn't the only houseguest asked to pack his bags; Beau Beasley also was told to take his stylish duds to the jury house. The 25-year-old personal shopper's elimination seemed to be purely strategy on the part of then-Head of Household Howie, whose goal was to break up "Beau-Beau" and Ivette, the last pair with a chance to win double-the-$500,000 prize. Since Beau was already snugly tucked away in the (really nice) sequester house without telephone access, TVGuide.com e-mailed our questions to the tidy fashion maven and was surprised to find out that he loved getting dirty.

TVGuide.com: What was your favorite article of clothing you brought into the house with you?

Beau Beasley: I never leave home with out my Juicy Couture and my Lacoste jumpers. They are so comfy.

TVGuide.com: What was the one thing you missed the most from the outside world?

Beau: I'd have to say either my laptop or my Sidekick! I'm always connected with my friends, family and clients.

TVGuide.com: Did you have a favorite challenge?

Beau: Yes! "Playing Dirty" [where houseguests had to retrieve keys from a mud pit] was so much fun! Running through the mud and [pushing] it around was the biggest laugh.

TVGuide.com: Why did Ivette pick you to be her partner?

Beau: She picked me because we had great chemistry before we went into the house. Plus she trusts me and knows that I am a competitor.

TVGuide.com: Did you think you had a good chance to make it to the final two with Ivette?

Beau: Totally! Ivette and I were the most outspoken people in the house. We got along with almost everyone, and were never a threat until we were the last couple standing.

TVGuide.com: Do you feel betrayed by the Friendship alliance since Maggie didn't use her POV to save you or Ivette?

Beau: Not at all! Things happen for a reason. If it wasn't meant for me to win... maybe there's something better waiting for me when I get home. Besides, she made a promise to April, and I'd never want her to break a promise.

TVGuide.com: What was the worst thing about living in the house?

Beau: Not knowing what was going to happen next. We were always on edge in the house because SOS [the show's "Summer of Secrets"] always threw us another curveball.

TVGuide.com: Will you stay in touch with anyone besides Ivette when the game is over?

Beau: Definitely! I'm already making plans to go see Jen and April in Dallas, and Cappy [Eric] and Maggie in Vegas. Plus Howie lives 20 minutes away [from me]

Guest ranster627

Big Brother

The jury house got nasty! In fact Rachel, who was pretty boring throughout her stint in the BB house, finally got a little bit of bite in her with this comment about Jen's cuddling up to Howie: "Jennifer needs to keep her skanky little grubby hands off of Howie. If she doesn't, I'm going to throw a hurt upon her." She also got a dig in when she was vocalizing her support for Janelle: "I'd rather throw myself in a pack of wolves than vote for one of the Girl Scout troop to win this thing." With all that, and the testy moments between James and Jen, I was thinking it would have been more interesting to stay in that house and watch the happenings. But that was before Ivette and April went after each other. The Friendship finally broke down and turned on each other... it was only a matter of time. But for April to tell Janelle that she'd rather vote for her than Ivette? WOW. I had no idea it was going to get this bad. But their heated argument was the fight of season. When Ivette "translated" April's rant for Maggie's