Julie Chen

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like having the Chenbot as host. If you watch the Early Show, she is a BB fan and she sometimes talks about it during months when it's not even on the air. The show is about the HGs, not the host, and she's gotten that part wired (except for the time she hit Marjealous on the head) :D. So many of the other hosts seek attention for themselves - Ryan Secrest, Jeff Probst, Drew Carey, etc. About the only two who truly seek to stay out of the story are Phil Keoghan from Amazing Race and our Julie.

• 3 weeks later...

Have said it before this season and say it every year when the "Julie Chen" threads start popping up.

BB would not be the same without her. Say what you what about her, but I guarantee that if she quit and someone else came in, they could not do half the job that Julie does. This show would not be the same without her and that includes when she screws with all of you "Chenbot" folks and she actually makes a mistake.....like REAL people do.

Love ya Julie and if Les is ever busy and you need a date for the wrap party, I am there for you!!!!

Dep

I think she does a pretty bad job and making mistakes during HOH competition questions not only looks bad, but alters the outcome of the competitoin. You don't need to be perfect, but you need to be prepared and get it right when it matters.

Other reality shows don't have to put up with mediocrity, why does Big Brother?

I love Julie...so she messes up sometimes. I don't care.

I know if I was in front of the camera I'd be messing up every

two seconds. lol JMHO :pixiedust: and I value yours.

Well, if the CBS nightly news doesn't work out for Katie Couric, she always has a place on BB she could fill! :animated_rotfl:

In reality, Julie has grown on me. At first she rarely seemed to know what was going on in the show and acted like a reporter who hadn't done her research. Now I think she at least watches the televised shows, and she is more into it. Nevertheless, she messes up way too much for someone in a professional capacity such as hers. For all the Julie Chens out there, there are 20 more who can do a better job in speaking and in dressing themselves. Still, she is the one remaining constant in BB, and I really think this show is very much hers after 8 years of it.

Has everyone seen Julie Chen's plastic surgery before and after? It is hilarious!

Oh, and why has no one posted that link yet? I need my yearly reminder of what Dr. 90210 can do for us average looking folk!!

Ummm, BB is the only show that give it's fans the kind of access that we get. Live feeds, ShoToo this season...... If you think Jeff Probst does everything perfect in one take? Think again. He has admitted to making the "Survivors" suffer longer than they had to at Tribal Councils and comps because he biffed it. Guess what? It was edited out of the show when it aired.

Read interviews with the host of The Bachelor...he admits all the time that he screws up and it takes lonegr to film the show.

Caroline Rhea from "Biggest Loser", same thing.

BUT, those shows get to edit stuff out. They don't do anyting live except award the money. BB lets you watch the whole way through.....KNOWING that we are watching and bitching and threatening lawsuits over every move they make.

And Julie Chen STILL is willing to get on there every Thurs and be the friendly face for us, the viewer, and for the victed HG. And she does it getting beat up and hated every week for standing the wrong way, wearing the wrong clothes, or making a mistake with a button or a word. And no, it really does not affect who wins each week. When it has without a DOUBT affected something, BB has always redone it.

Dep

Well said Dep. I'm staying with my mom for 2 weeks now and

she noticed on last Thursday's show how Julie did mess up a few

times...she thought it was funny when I told her it was a "live"

show taped earlier.

I hear you Temple....it is frustrating when she messes up on the

HOH comps. but I still love her.

I thought they did rehearsals prior to going live to help get it right? I don't argue the point that it isn't easy to have to do things live on the spot, but lots of hosts and other TV people manage OK. I just figured she'd be a little better at it by now than she is, because she's had many seasons to get it down.

Ohhhhhh Templeton, how you amuse me. yoUr comments are Very insightful. It uPsets me that more people understand Your way of looking at things. I just gave you a 5th star to try and help you out. You seem to be working hard lately and that definAtely gets you noticed.

Mey be by the end of the Season we will agree, but I doubt it. No hard feelings, but we see things differentlY

Dep

• 2 weeks later...

this season she has sucks for me with her balant leading question which imho is picking on certain hg and ruining good strategy by those hg eg callling zach out of his new found religion

• 2 weeks later...

I have always been a big fan of Julie. I thinik she strikes an excellent balance between someone you would see in a serious jounalistic capacity, and someone you would expect to see more on entertainment tonight. She also lends an air of credibility to the show.

HOWEVER, I think her botch in the HOH competition this year, when Eric buzzed in and she said the answer instead of Eric's name, possibly altering the entire course of the show, puts her on "probation". Everyone is entitled to screw up every now and then, but that was such an obvious answer that Eric would have almost certainly gotten it right. In my mind, one more screw up like that and she should be out.

I always liked Julie, but I think she's ready to be done with BB and focus on the morning show. After this many seasons, I would hope that Big Brother would pass the torch to a former HG. Not someone like Marcellas, but someone who appeared to really enjoy the experience, like George.

I have to admit, I was kind of surprised that after Allison took over, Julie was still the host. Julie is old guard, I'm ready for something new.

Archived