Housecalls: The Big Brother Talk Show

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was just calling her homophobic and Bunky going off saying "Who chooses to be gay?" with a little more rant and that wasn't even the topic. I agree with him on that, but the topic was lifestyle. They also kept mentioning how this would be good for her because she's never been around gay people before. I mean, she just makes one comment and people are jumping on her and misconstruing what she said.

yeah, but when she said gay lifestyle, she wasnt being specific on how certain gay people live their lives, (you know the sterotypical gay lifesytle). . . . because she is so ignorant, and thinks its a choice, she thinks part of the choiec is choosing to act , and live the way gays are sterotypically portrayed on tv . . . . . exactly like what happened in front of her day 1, Joe and the Gonnhera (sp)

I guess the reason it wasn't so specific comes back to the CBS edit trying to portray her a certain way. Anyone can choose a lifestyle whether it's a straight lifestyle or a gay lifestyle, but she never said it was a choice whether or not what sex you're attracted to.

All I remember Kail saying is that she would be upset if one of her children ever came to her & told her they were gay. Right or wrong that is how the majority of parents feel. I don't remember anything being said about choice or her hating gay people. Sorry but I am tired of hearing Kail bashed for what she said & people are adding to what she said & reading her mind. Can't we just dislike her because she seems bossy :grin2:

Anywho back on topic.... After todays show could you guys imagine if there was a double eviction of Jessica & Daniele while Holly was guest hosting. I think I would run from the room screaming if I had to listen to all 3 of them talk at once :inquisitive::shocking::animated_rotfl:

Yes she is ignorant of gay people. That is for sure but....

again, I think she would love her children just the same if she found out they were gay.

Living in the house she is spending a lot of time talking to Dustin and this may be a learning experience. Right now on the feeds she is having a good conversation with Dustin about gay life.

I would like to find an exact quote of what Kail said re her children, because I don't remember the exact words.

The way I remember it though, was that she didn't say she'd rather her kids weren't gay, as Marty and others have said here, but that she'd be really upset at learning that, and whatever she said sounded harsh and judgmental---I think that's what has stirred up all the controversy.

But honestly, I'm not sure exactly what Kail said, and I think most other people aren't sure anymore either.

Yeah, she said that if they "chose" a gay lifestyle. That's why on Monday, Gretchen and Bunky were making fun of her about it.

She's been really nice to Dustin this morning, so who knows. It's probably just a part of strategy to not step on anyone's toes.

Whatever I am not a Kail fan but I am the mother of a gay daughter and we aren't perfect in our words. I really think she would love her child. Don't condemn someone for speaking ignorant because that can be fixed. She is learning a lot right now being in the BB house and maybe she will learn more about gay people. Remember she is from a small little town out in the boonies. I just don't understand the hate for one sentence that she spoke out of ignorance.

I agree, Marty---I just have a hard time with all the Bible talk that Kail throws in too.

The combo of the statement she made (which by itself was maybe not that terrible) AND the Bible talk, is, to me, a potentially

dangerous one.

But you're absolutely right Marty---none of us is perfect in the words we choose. And very often we give false impressions by what we say. So yes, we should hesitate to judge anyone based on their words.

But we also have to remember always that words are such incredibly powerful tools and/or weapons.

For me, it's not just Kail's words, it's her general narrow-minded worldview and yes, her bossiness and self-righteousness. I can't wait to see her go out the door. Please, houseguests, evict this woman SOON.

I don't think Gretchen watches the feeds very much, saying that Carol didn't campaign. Carol did campaign, but she was too late, when she started campaigning.

And Kaysar is an ok host, he's not as humble as he used to be. imho

I thought Gretchen and Kaysar were great today! I don't think she watches the feeds either. They were asked how long do you think it would take before the HG's figured out the Mrs Robinson alliance... they were like hmmm 2 weeks? Uh, how about most already know now! Anyway, I liked the dynamic between Kaysar and Gretchen, they were great today! :)

Archived