Music/Theme/Songs of BB8

Cyn

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the first chance that I've actually had the feeds up for a few minutes - other than setting them up initially. The music isn't all that bad. Much better than the theme song over and over and over and over again. It's calming - probably to help from ranting how much foth they give us during the season LOL!

Still hoping for a mistake on BB part to catch a glimpse of what's going on in the house!

Melissa, are you sure it wasn't part of the music that you heard? I almost thought I heard something now and then also, but it would turn out to be part of the ambient music. Like birds chirping, things like that. Did the water you hear sound like a shower, or a babbling brook? I think they're using 'sounds of nature' type music.

no i rewound it and listened to it again and it sure sounded like a shower.. and not running water like in a stream or fountain.. it was quick.. and in between songs

today I thought I heard a pause in the music like it switched to something then i thought I heard like a clearing of a throat. but i been listenin to the music for like 24 hours straight. It could very well have been my immagination

How are you guys seeing the feeds? I ONLY get that orange screen that comes up that says the The Big brother live stream your trying to access is tempoary unavaiable.

Is there a certain way you guys are accessing it??

There are links in the Real Player Help post stickied at the top. Copy the link (depending on your internet connection) and paste it into the address bar on Real Player. When I did it yesterday, the individual cams all said something like "Stay tuned for big brother blah blah blah". The quad cam shows each on the same image of a blue spirally (is that a word?) tornado looking thing and pretty muzak is playing.

Hope that helps!

RustyGirl

If you're going to watch/listen to the feeds for the off chance they slip and turn on the mics, I'd definitely leave it on Quad Cam. The individual cameras just have that 'Coming soon" message, but I have a feeling the quad cam is live, and focused on something in the house.. My guess is that if there is going to be a technical slipup, it'll happen on the quad cam.

And yeah, as it gets closer to the 5th, maybe they'll quickly test the mics or camera angles.

either resize the real player window by clicking the lower right corner and dragging or select any of the link that is just one single window.

Be careful not to make it too large or you will lose quality.

I actually kind of like this music. There is singing in some of the songs, but it is in a foreign language. It's kind of like listening to the music from Cirque De Soleil.

Occasionally, in between the songs, there are ambient sounds, but they don't seem to be coming from inside the house.

There's an interesting song on the feeds right now. It's in English. It sounds like it might have been chosen for the Alice theme.

Some of the lines are "Little girl lost," and "I'm in hiding, but I'm in plain view."

It sounded like she just sang "High price of freedom."

It probably has nothing to do with anything, but it's the only song I've heard in English so far...

I'm really loving the "soundtrack". Even though its not my taste in music, it seems like they chose extremely well.. its nothing loud and abrasive like the theme song was last year. (Did that not just make you TWITCH everytime it came on, after awhile?) Plus, have you noticed the music doesn't seem to repeat? It would get really repetitive after 3 months if they kept looping the same 15 or so songs. But so far, it seems like they've got a huge variety, so it shouldn't get old.

So far, most of it seems to be all instrumental. What I'm listening to now sounds like violins and piano's, with the sound of waves crashing in the background. But I have heard some songs with actual vocals.. oddly, a night or two ago they were actually playing something familiar.. Abba, maybe? I feel like it was part of a soundtrack to a musical like Mama Mia, or Rent.. I don't know the name of the song, but the chorus was just "Sail away, sail away, sail away.." Who is that by, again? I was just surprised to hear it, it didn't seem to fit the ambient theme.

Enya sang a song called "Orinoco Flow" that had "Sail away" sung over and over in it.

That's weird--that song I was talking about also had lines about the ocean and sand and tides in it. And the picture is of the ocean or a water spout, possibly.

You're right, Cyn--that music last year was awful. It caused me to miss the feeds coming back on a couple of times after FOTH, because I couldn't stand to have the headphones on half of the time.

Archived