Help!

Ok, any ideas on why I all of a sudden can't get the full version of the boards on my pc? I am posting this from my mobile device, lol. I was on earlier today on my bf's laptop and all was cool and from this all is cool, but my dang pc just goes to a blank page when I try to see the full version of the forums. Any ideas? Suggestions? I am freaking out just a little here ;) TYIA

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

All the other "Question" threads were closed, so I'll go ahead and ask mine here. I was on my control panel thingy today and emptied out some of my inbox. Then I realized that there was a PM Blocker section in there so clicked on it to have a looky to see what was in it. To my shock and horror one of my fav peeps was added to my block list, along with someone else I use to chat with frequently. I had wondered why I didn't talk to my old BB buddy for so long. Anyhow... how did they get placed on a block list? I just removed them from it, but I honestly don't know how they got there to begin with. I know for sure I didn't block them, so how the heck did that happen???

Thanks in advance for any possible answers. I just want to prevent this from happening again. I hope I didn't lose a good chatting buddy on here because of it. Thanks!

Sorry, ElleNaturelle, no concrete answers for you.

You say that you know for sure that you didn't block them, yet that still seems the most likely scenario.

Maybe you did it accidentally or by experiment, and don't remember.

No one can add people to your block list except you (or someone using your account, for example - if you did not log off and someone else used the computer.)

I'm still thinking that either you were messing with something after that fiasco you had a long while back in which you could not log into your account. (That was because of a PM, if I remember correctly, so maybe you tried to set something up so that it wouldn't happen again?) If I remember correctly, I managed to fix that problem for you without anyone else logging into your account, so I don't see how anyone else could have done it.

Or, the easiest way to accidentally block someone's PMs would be to click on "Block" next to their name in a list of PMs in one of your folders. But that brings you to a confirmation screen which you would only ignore if distracted, clicking on the "Add this member to my block list" button.

Even I can't add to your ignore list. If I could, there are some people around here whose ignore lists would be, shall we say, "tweaked."

Wow, that sucks! If i did it, i feel terrible. I can't understand why I would have...omg, maybe I have a split personaility?? Holy crap!!! If ever I'm b*tchy, let's go ahead and call me HelleNaturelle...and the nice me, which is like almost always, is me...the real me... Elle. Deal? Deal! Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a problem connecting to the message board. I can go to google and put in Morty's big brother and get to the front page for BB. However when I click on the link to get to the message board it's acting like the board is down. That happens no matter what route I try to use to get to the forum. Favorite list, Google, main page.....they all don't connect. (I even tried to go to the chat room from front page and that didn't connect either)

I have cleared my temporary internet files, my cache, performed a defrag. I need to figure this out before BB starts. It gets very frustrating when I want to do LFU and can't connect to the board.

I had a problem with this the first time I came to Morty's a year ago but don't remember what I did to resolve it.

Thank you in advance for any information or tips you can give me. :)

Since you managed to get here and post your question, it looks like your problem is sporadic.

Those are the hardest to nail down.

What error message gets displayed? (A "timeout" one?)

Some timeouts are caused by a website's server being too busy to handle your request.

But timeouts can also be caused by your computer or internet connection being too busy.

Are the links you have bookmarked direct to the homepage?

http://www.tvfanforums.net/

http://tvfanforums.net

Anyone else experiencing these problems?

Maybe you can shed some light on this or offer up a solution.

I get the following message;

The page cannot be displayed

"The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties or you may need to adjust your browser settings."

I did go in and change the LAN Settings to automatically detect settings. I'm not sure if that was the problem or not.

I'm still open for suggestions. :)

It's hard to find any recent information on this error, so it's possible that installing a newer version of your browser could solve it (providing that it is not actually just a problem with your internet connection, which you would see right away, as no sites would load for you, not just Morty's.)

Although some of the suggestions are specific to the provider "Tiscali", here is a comprehensive fix-it guide.

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/broadband/nowebpage.html

(Some of it may be out-of-date, depending on the age of your computer and how recent your software versions are.)

If you are using an older version of Internet Explorer, now might be a good time to give Mozilla's Firefox a try.

If you ARE using IE6 or earlier, you could start by checking your security settings, as suggested in this article: Source: http://www.smartcomputing.com/techsupport/...p;ErrorID=33741

As mentioned, if you have received this message and you're running an older version of IE, weak encryption may be the source of the problem. It's much tougher to crack 128-bit encryption than the standard encryption schemes integrated into earlier versions of IE (prior to version 5.5).

To access the security settings you're going to need to check, launch IE6.x and click Internet Options from the Tools menu. Click the Advanced tab and scroll down to the bottom of the list until you see the Security settings displayed. You'll want to make sure Use SSL 2.0, Use SSL 3.0, and Use TLS 1.0 all are checked and be sure to click Apply to make the changes stick. The SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol adds extra security to online communications. TLS (Transport Layer Security) protocol enjoys none of the popularity of SSL but is required by some secure Web sites.

Here are a few more you can read (but some are pretty advanced).

http://support.plato.com/kb/tip.asp?psid=2030

http://bytes.com/groups/net/170247-page-yo...tly-unavailable

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t153...navailable.html

I'm sending a message off to one of our members, "Hulu", to come check this out. He's usually good at figuring out stuff and explaining it very well. Hopefully he'll stop by and already know the answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I wasn't sure where to post my question, it's been awhile since I've been here!

I can't seem to change my avatar no matter what I try. I made sure that my picture was in the right format and size. On my profile when I go in to change it, it does show it is changed, then when I go to my home page or post it is my old picture (which has now become mysteriously distorted since last year). I was just wondering if someone could help.

Excited to be back for a new season of updating!! :)

I see a pink BB 11 avatar for you.

Did you delete your cookies?

I don't know what happened, I just woke up and it was like this!!

I guess it took time. Thanks for replying!

:)

Hi all!

I wasn't sure where to post my question, it's been awhile since I've been here!

I can't seem to change my avatar no matter what I try. I made sure that my picture was in the right format and size. On my profile when I go in to change it, it does show it is changed, then when I go to my home page or post it is my old picture (which has now become mysteriously distorted since last year). I was just wondering if someone could help.

F5 is a regular refresh. Sometimes it does work some times it won't. But CTRL-F5 actually forces your browser to download a new copy of the website/images from the webserver.

Hey Moxie, did the problem you posted about earlier in this thread resolve itself?

Hey Moxie, did the problem you posted about earlier in this thread resolve itself?

It seemed after I changed the LAN settings the problem was resolved so I'm assuming that was the problem. Regardless, I haven't had any further problems connecting to Morty's. :)

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name