Dick Week 1

Jem

Well from my what I have read so far and the feeds I have watched... I think Dick truly cares about his daughter and just doesn't know how to be her father. I do not like this twist though because the only thing I am intrested in to see is if they work out their issues, if they team up (which btw I think Dick talking trash in the HOH room was a ploy), etc...

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as a mom...i gotta agree with bigbrosister. my oldest is 18...the last thing they want/need as adolescents is a "cool"dad/mom/friend. i've seen it backfire so many times. i like dick on other levels...he's very funny/paranoid...but as a potential father...not so much. it would be great if this summer could clarify their relationship.

The Dick vs. his daughter thing hits close to home for many of us parents who have seen what an abandoning parent can do to a child, even as an adult. Dick lives up to his name. She has every right to dislike her father, he hasn't been one to her. Maybe he's been a father or a "friend" to his other kids, big deal. I can't believe everyone likes him after what he's done to her , regardless of how blonde or annoying she might be to some people. Dick has a lot of growing up to do. I mean what the hell, he is forty years old, trying to look 18, with all his tats and piercings, working in a bar and being a 'player'. Grow the f up and be a dad to your daughter. He has f'd her up emotionally and doesn't even care, what a sick bastard. I can't even watch.

Do you know what he's done? I don't think any of us know, but you're just assuming that he's a bad person from one episode? Did he explain why they don't talk?? Uh, no. He said he emails her on a regular basis and she never emails back, at least he's putting himself out there.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a miniute. I was abandoned by my father as a child but... that does not put all men that don't have realationships with their adult kids as monsters.

It appears that he keeps trying to reach out to her. We don't know the story.

My boyfriends daughter has chosen not to contact her father for the 3 years. He was a wonderful father and supported her and paid for her college. She has her own issues and we have no idea why she cut him off. You just never know.

I say don't condem him yet. He may be a softie and the better person of the two.

I still think Dick was hitting on one of his daughter's friends. Or maybe he made a comment like, "Your friends are filling out, why haven't you?" Or something that wasn't meant to be hurtful, and at that tender age, exploded into a "never talk to him again" situation. From my experience, truth is 99% perception and 1% intention. My mom said lots of things that bothered me deeply, afters years of stewing, I finally told her. She had NO idea I had taken what she had said the way i did. Had she known, she would have never said it.

I think Dick is ok week 1. I'm interested to watch Dick & Kail, there just seems to be a shouting match in the near future.

I think Dick seems like a really cool guy to be around. He might be not be the best father, but from the sound of it he's tried. He's just not a father type I guess, some aren't. I won't ever put it against him for sure, and I hope this show brings them closer!

We don't know what kind of father he was or is. We may never know...I'm not a big fan of Dick (the hg) but we need to cut him some slack until we get the whole story.

Absolutely correct, Ginger....All we know about him is what we have briefly seen....And based only what I have seen so far, I do not like the guy.

*sigh* Yep,..I like him. It's a problem I have. I seem to seek out the strangest people and befriend them and then spend all my time trying to figure out how I got into a mess with them and their drama!LOL

I dunno,..it's too early for me as far as who I like and don't,..but I'd have to say I think I am gonna like this guy as long as he's there.

Shelley

ehhh... i am liking him. period. some people arent good parents. some are. it doesnt mean they arent good people. who knows. we havent heard what has happened between the two or if anything at all even happened.

i think its all a scam. they almost made it onto BB6.. now they havent spoken in 2 years???? uhhh so right after they didnt make it onto BB6.. they stop talking? yeah, ok.. NOT

so far, dick seems like a more likable person to me.. maybe its an age thing.. i dont know.

I definitely think that like him or not, he is going to add a VERY interesting spin to the house.

Yeah, I think you are right...Even though I don't particularly like him, I do agree that he could definitely make things interesting.

Whose to say its Dicks fault?? Didnt he say he tried to contact her and write letters, and she wouldnt respond? Yu can only try so many times. And this is coming from a guy (me) who hasnt talked to his real dad in 3 years.

Really, I may not like Jen but at least I'm not calling her names like some are calling Dick. It's sad, we don't even know them, no one knows whose fault it was. Hell, for all we know, they could be close and it's all an act and they'll reveal it soon. We don't know, so there's no need to attack him about his relationship with his daughter which we know NOTHING about.

so there's no need to attack him about his relationship with his daughter

Exactly!!! All the hate should be focused on the daughter who is shutting out her Dad all while playing the whiny victim... He's making an effort!!

I was totally surprised by Dick. First impressions were not very good, but after listening to him after hours, he's pretty bright and entertaining. Hope he stays for several weeks. PLEASE KEEP HIM OR THE SHOW WILL BE A TOTAL FAILURE!!

Same here Elle, he really cares about her. He's just not the dad type of person, he was probably trying his hardest, but made a wrong move or something of that nature. He really does care, he said he's tried to contact her in the last two years.

Archived