Lindsay Lohan ~ Bad Girl Again

Marty

May 26, 2007

Lindsay Lohan Cited for Suspicion of DUI

LINDSAY LOHAN was citied for investigation of driving under the influence early Saturday morning. According to police, the 'Georgia Rule' star was slightly injured when her Mercedes struck a curb.

There were two other people in the car when her 2005 Mercedes SL-65 convertible hit the curb on Sunset Blvd. It was approximately 5:30 a.m. None of the other passengers were injured.

The Beverly Hills Police Department issued the following statement: Beverly Hills Police officers arrived on scene within three minutes of the initial 911 call and were advised by a witness that an accident had occurred; however, the driver of the involved vehicle just left the scene in a second uninvolved vehicle ... Officers tracked Ms. Lohan to a local hospital where she was ultimately placed under arrest for 23152 (a) V.C. - Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol. Due to the fact Ms. Lohan was admitted to the hospital for her injuries, she was cited and released on the misdemeanor charge.

Investigators are continuing their investigation and additional charges may be filed in this case.

Back in January, Lohan entered rehab, issuing the following statement at that time: "I have made a proactive decision to take care of my personal health. I appreciate your well wishes and ask that you please respect my privacy at this time."

In the May issue of Allure magazine, Lohan talked about her headline-making trips to rehab and Alcoholics Anonymous.

"It's so weird that I went to rehab," the 20-year-old said. "I always said I would die before I went to rehab."

Even though she's under the legal drinking age, Lindsay also said she has no intention of giving up her late-night club hopping.

"That's my life!" she stated.

In fact, she told the magazine -- after a year of attending AA meetings -- "I don't know that I'm necessarily an addict."

If celebrities want to mess up their own lives then that's their own problem BUT drinking and driving should not under any circumstances be taken lightly no matter who the person is.

I think something really needs to be done to let these partiers know that their behavior is unacceptable. It's sending out a message to youngsters that it's okay to get drunk and maybe kill a person or two as long as they're young and rich.

It's such a shame because I used to be a huge Lindsey Lohen fan but I can't respect someone who puts others in danger.

If celebrities want to mess up their own lives then that's their own problem BUT drinking and driving should not under any circumstances be taken lightly no matter who the person is.

I think something really needs to be done to let these partiers know that their behavior is unacceptable. It's sending out a message to youngsters that it's okay to get drunk and maybe kill a person or two as long as they're young and rich.

It's such a shame because I used to be a huge Lindsey Lohen fan but I can't respect someone who puts others in danger.

I agree with you completely! Girls like Lindsay and Paris are all on a self destructive cycle and something needs to be be done to put these girls in their place and make them face up to reality.

I was watching Tyra not too long ago and they had 3 teen girls on the show that idolize girls like Lindsay and Paris. Tyra set them up by sending them to a fake celeb party, and had the people there offer the girls fake alcohol and drugs. It was amazing what these girls were willing to do to fit in! But this is the same crap that they see someone like Lindsay or Tara Reid doing and they think it's glamorous!

Instead of slapping these "it" girls on the wrist everytime they break serious laws, they need to look past their celebrity and give them stiffer punishments, treat them like anyone else who commits a DUI. They're not going to be happy until one of these girls kills themselves. And where are the parents? I don't care if my child is grown, I'll snatch them in a minute and shake some sense into them when it comes to something like this!

They need to apply those machines to their vehicles that they have to breath into to start the vehicle and if it senses alcohol it will not start and will record the results on the computer chip....they have the new one that only the owner of the car can start it because it matches DNA or something...so that way their friends cant' blow in it and the drunk drive anyway

I agree Nawlins, I think that is a great idea! Now its just a matter of them actually doing it, but no matter what the cost it would be worth it to save lives!!

I hope Lindsey gets nailed for this she deserves to spend some time in jail too. These girsl are all getting off way to easy, they need to learn their lessons, besides jail time, they should have to do comunity service with dead bodies especailyl the real greusome ones from drunk driving, who knows maybe that will scare some sence into them?!

So True RF - they never get lucky and kill themselves, they alwasy hurt the innocent

Sharonda99 I watched that episode, its amazing how little these steenagers think about what they are doing, its just a matter of trying to be cool now - so sad

Throw all the drunk drivers in jail. No excuses. If they gave all drunk drivers minimum 6 months in jail it might scare others from driving drunk.

once again i am tired of her and ms. hilton. locked them up and throw the keys away

Archived