I Saw A Bb8 Commercial Last Night!

i seen that same commercial a month ago

And for that I am so happy!!

Am I the only one who is already planning out when they are going to watch and report the feeds :giggle: I am all set up to report from the hammock in my yard!

Last month was the casting call commercials. I've been monitoring all over the place for the commercials to bring to you guys so I can say it with confidence that the commercial on during survivor last night was brand new.

I missed the commercial - probably was on while I was backing up my dvr to replay what someone or another said.

No biggie though since I want to see the show more than an ad telling me it's coming. I just hope that Allison and the other new BB producers paid close attention to Survivor's last couple of seasons and take a page from their ability to hire a diverse cast that extended well beyond ethnicity.

Fat, thin, buff, ripped, hottie, dork, old, young, funny, serious, smart, idiotic, athletic, klutzy, white collar, blue collar even no collar (dreamz :P ) made for a much more interesting show with twists not even the producers could have contrived - like Yau-man giving up the car. Survivor's cast moved on from casts where the majority looked like this past season's Boo and Jessica (the first to be voted off) - white, hot and young.

Survivor slipped into the beefcake/bimbo rut because the 2nd and 3rd seasons ratings were lower than the first season. Both those seasons were inland (Australia & Africa), and desperate to appeal to the target audience - 25-35 year-olds with money, they returned to beach locations in the hopes that hot bods in bathing suits were their key to Neilson heaven. Marquesas, Thailand, Amazonandonandon - straight out of Central Casting. Pearl Islands had the same formula - a lot of hot bods with a handful of non-whites and a couple of off the wall older folk to spice things up. Funny thing was, a Hispanic woman won, the runner-up was a fifty-something oddball who wore a Boy Scout uniform and the most popular player in Survivor history (at that point) was the oldest man in the entire Pearl Islands cast - Rupert.

Ratings picked up that season and Survivor casts have become increasingly diverse ever since, with Fiji being the most diverse ever - even moreso than Cook Islands where the twist was to divide the tribes along racial lines. Frankly, I would LOVE to see a Big Brother with more than just one token gay, or non-white, or old fart, or non-Christian, etc. etc.

Same-old same-old gets boring - I want action! How about a bunch of die-hard Palestinian and Israeli house guests, :boxing: or a couple of strippers or nymphomaniacs in a house with a bunch of Bible thumpers or male preachers :jawdrop: , or Rosie O'Donnell and Donald Trump :stars: . C'mon Big Brother - mix it up a bit!

I saw it I saw it.... whooo hooooo

I put in for some vacation days. I will be off July 5th thru the 11th. That will give me some BB time on the feeds to get aquainted with the HG.

I could not put my finger on it until I saw this thread....

Something about the last edition of Survivor Fiji just took the life out of me this week for Reality TV. I could not bring myself to watch Dancing with the Star "Semi Finals" last night and American Idol Final 3 is not yanking my chain and it was because I thought that I was just getting burnt out after all the Yauman/Dreamz Survivor finale drama....

That was not it...it was the BB8 commercial during Survivor. It was the reminder that I wanted/need to keep in check that all this reality "stuff" is just a way to cope until BB returns. I actually backed up the DVR to rewatch the commercial. Since BB2 my summers have involved the BB Quad Cam, daily Morty fixes and Diet Soda. It all started with Will, I tried to find others that thought he was as quirky and clever as I thought he was, that's when it all started. The addiction returns...I can't wait.

Hi my name is CalifCyclone and I am a BigBroaholic.

Since BB2 my summers have involved the BB Quad Cam, daily Morty fixes and Diet Soda. It all started with Will, I tried to find others that thought he was as quirky and clever as I thought he was, that's when it all started. The addiction returns...I can't wait.

Hi my name is CalifCyclone and I am a BigBroaholic.

Nice to meet 'cha CalifCyclone :animated_wave:

I am in the same place with this years reality shows. My DS asked me if we would be watching the new Pirate Master.I told him that I didn't want to start watching anything else. BB consumes alot of my time in the summer, and I like it, and want it that way,LOL !!

Yeah, reality finale letdown seems to be going around bigtime this season. The Survivor finale was one of the lower rated finales for the show. I thought it was good, but then I'm not the demographic they want. It probably would have done better on it's own nite - Thursday - rather than try to go up against a kick-ass Desperate Housewives during May sweeps. The reunion show, however, was number one for that time slot - probably because all the old farts went to bed. :sleep1:

Anyone planning to watch that new :pirate_new: Survivor meets Treasure Hunt show? I'll give it a shot to kill time until the real reality show starts!

Anyone planning to watch that new Survivor meets Treasure Hunt show?

Thats the one my son wants to watch,but I am not sure I want to start it. I guess since it is also a CBS show, it won't be competing with BB for time slots though. This is the one that premiers on a Thursday in BB regular live show spot though right? Hmmmmmm

I am looking forward to So You Think You Can Dance though. I know thats coming, but I'm not sure of the start date.

Awesome! I haven't seen any commercials, but I'm glad to know they are out there b/c that makes it official!

I like that one as well, and I only got into it last season on the night that the last of the bad dancers got cut. I hope they have another cutie like Benjie this year. I also hope that if the same girl does the hosting again this year, she learns how to say Judges instead of Jidges.

Dang.. Missed it..

:(

But at least it's nice to know.. it's OUT there!

:D

I'm so greedy I want moooooore!!

:food-smiley-005:

Archived