Sign in to follow this  
ElisabethF50

The Hills Have Eyes 2

I liked this movie a lot more than the first one, I'm not really sure why. Maybe it was a better plot line, I dont know. I did like it though, I didn't think it was that gross, but some did. There were quite a few jumpy scenes in it though, and every time something jumpy happened, a little kid kicked our seats, it was pretty annoying, but overall going to see it was enjoyable.

I wanted to see the original, "The Hills Have Eyes", but when I downloaded it, it was french. I didn't know why so many people liked a french movie so I never bothered with it for a while until someone was talking about it. He or she said it was a good movie, and then that's when I found out I downloaded the wrong version. Oh well. Maybe I'll watch them both on the same night.

anything with a RAPE SCENE is a NOGO in my book. Never will I support a movie that would "try" to mainstream raping a woman EVER!!!!

Guest blahsno1fan

That is why blah is HOT! I never liked horror movies anyway so I never watched it. But the fact that any woman would like a movie with a rape scene in it is really hard to beleive.

I didn't like the first one so I doubt I would like the second.

I'm a woman and I liked it. It isn't real and it's not based on a true story.

I agree, although I havent seen it yet, I dont think women should boycott films because of a rape scene, as ElisabethF50 said it isnt real, its just a movie

Thanx for letting us know Eli.. I wont see it in the theater but I will rent it for sure

and yall wonder why rapist are getting younger and younger every decade!!!! tsk tsk tsk ... and you wonder why women are always disrespected? How many movies are there of men getting raped? noooo the man is always the hero and saves the day.

Kids these days are influenced by the media... Rated R only brings in more kids to a movie. your response might be ... oh my kids are good its all in the household upbringing they know its not real BULLSH!T....

poor excuse for women rights!!!

blackcat,

you dont think women should boycott a movie because of a rape scene? and ur a female? tsk tsk tsk is all i have to say!!!! I hope u dont have any children!!!

if thats what you think.... NO WONDER THESE KIDS ARE FUGGED UP!!!! small things are the most influential (sp?) things to kids. The next time you hear about a kid molesting a young girl or a kid goes on a shooting spree... dont be all "OMG I cant beleive that happened"... its people like you who think its ok for that crap to happen.

Because I think that it's OKAY for something FAKE to be shown in a movie, that's rated R, doesn't mean I think it should happen in REAL LIFE. You can do as much as possible to make sure your young child doesn't see rated R movies. When you are old enough to watch it, you should be able to know it's fake and not acceptable in real life. So, because you think that, you don't think your kids should watch the news because things like that are discussed on the news, right?

I really don't think you wouldn't want your kids to ever watch the news, but you need to quit implying that I think it's OKAY for rape, because I don't, and it's UNACCEPTABLE that you would EVER say that to ANYONE on this board.

you think its ok to see a woman get raped in a movie?!?!?! The smallest things make rapist like mothers who like movies where a women gets raped make boys think that its ok. tsk tsk tsk

SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

So I guess if you watch a movie with murder you think murder is okay, right?

This is stupid. I like a FAKE movie that has a rape scene in it. Shame shame on me....... :rolleyes:

Guest blahsno1fan

YES SHAME SHAME ON YOU. Rape is no joke fake or real. Shame on you is right.

Guest blahsno1fan

if it makes you feel any better im being "fake" that way if you see a woman getting raped in a movie you can say "oh thats not real, Ill give that two thumbs up"

FYI yes im being serious. Psychologically, rape is the most traumatic of crimes against women EVER It is really a shame that you are being serious (

If I asked you, "do you know someone who has been murdered?" You'll probably answer, "no". But if I asked you, "Do you know someone who has ever been raped?" You would probably answer, "yes". That's because 1 in 4 women have been raped, or will be at some point in their life.

When we go to the movies, we go to see the unreal... the so far fetched that we can feel secure in knowing that such "fiction" could never happen to us. Again, murder is unlikely, especially when the extent of the crime is as in this particular movie. When people are murdered, it's usually at the hand of someone they loved, a crime of passion or revenge. Rarely is it at the hands of a stranger, and certainly not to this extent. I think it's safe to say that you can go on a camping trip without the fear of your family being overtaken and bludgeoned to death. This is uncommon, it's not something we hear about every day.

I don't know anyone who has been murdered. I know of people who have died, but never murdered. I cannot understand that pain or confusion or disgust. I can't say the same about rape.

When you're murdered, your death is over, you're gone. When you're raped, it's as though you're being forced to die a slow death, one that never ends because each day you wake up after having had nightmares about going through it all over again. Every day you're haunted with sensations on your skin, the smell, the sounds, everything. Yet, people expect you to just move on and get over it... but some days you can't even leave your house or answer your door. When you're murdered, your family around you mourns, yet you feel nothing. When you're raped, you mourn alone and feel everything.

I'm not trying to say that murder is less painful than rape, this isn't what I'm saying at all. I'm just encouraging you to understand someone else's feelings as to why they are sensitive to a particular subject. I will not pry into Blah's life, but she speaks with passion and intensity. I suspect I know the answer as to why.

When someone is murdered, they get press time, authorities are called into action, everyone is on their heals and ready to fry the bastard to who did this to their loved one. When a woman is raped, she often suffers alone, her offender never brought to justice, and infact she is often seen as the one to provoke this...like she asked for her soul to be ripped from inside her. There's no mercy, there's no justice, no pursuit of finding the person who did this. You can steal my tv, and that's okay... if you're found you'll spend more time in jail than you would if you stole my virginity, or my dignity, or my peace.

Rape is a very personal crime, one that usually impacts women. This is a strong statement that Blah is trying to make and I think people should hear her out on it. Rape is a crime where the victim is usually a female, the offender, a male... and seldom is anything ever done about it. We can send our troupes into countries when there's mass bloodshed, but where were our troupes in Sudan when women were being forced from their homes and raped, or their baby daughters, stolen, and raped along side of them? In my Women And Victimization's class we spoke much on the topic of rape being used as a weapon of war... one in which nothing is ever done about, one in which the people who often go into "help" often fall prey to.

When you have been impacted, when you see how others have been impacted, when you wake up and know what a reality this is, how likely it is, how likely YOU are to be raped or YOUR loved ones, then you realize like Blah has, that there's no place for such realities in movies. Rape shouldn't be glorified, and it's certainly not something that should be seen as entertaining. I remember when I tried to watch Pinkfloyd's The Wall but then there was that scene where the guy got in the back of the car and was going to rape the girl. I could never watch the end of that movie. I have been impacted so I can't ever watch a movie like that because for me, it isn't just a movie, it's real life. When I see their pain, I feel my own.. it's not something I need to pay 13$ to remember or lose my breath when I see. There's no shock value, only memories that I can't seem to make go away. How is this your entertainment? That's all I want to know?

Guest blahsno1fan

I couldn't have said it better. Thanks that was very moving :)

actually, i have experienced someone i know being murdered. and i never ever said that rape was okay, all i was saying was it was a fake movie and i got hated on for liking it. i shouldnt have either, should i? i was just stating my opinion like everyone else about movies. all the time i see movies about drunk driving, people being killed by it, murder, rape, drug OD, everything is in movies these days, it was fake and i shouldnt have gotten people getting mad at me for stating my own opinion. just because i like a movie that has a rape scene in it, which is in a lot of movies these days, and im sure most people like at least one movie with something bad, i dont know a movie without something bad, but it doesn't mean im less senstive towards someone who has experienced or been close to someone having to experience that, and i never said it was "okay" i liked the movie. it was a mutant raping a woman, and i have never seen a mutant..

and everyone who doesnt like this movie because it has one rape scene in it, youre telling me that you dont like any movie with rape in it, but yet murder, drugs, violence, and drunk driving is?????

i should say TSK TSK TSK to you but im not hypocritical and blackcat and myself shouldnt have been talked to like we're horrible people for liking the movie.

and blahsno1fan, how do you think that is so unacceptable yet saying this "I totally agree with you about the body language thing with the D&D. It is creepy the way he rubs on her. Just nasty and its soooo frustraaaaating ugh! kik " about some people you dont even know is okay???

Elizabeth, don't mistaken my disagreeing with you as "hating on you". I can disagree with you perfectly fine without hating you or thinking you're a bad person. Please don't put words in my mouth.

i didn't mean you elle, i meant the people saying "SHAME SHAME SHAME....." to me. i know you and i disagree, i didn't take your post the wrong way.

Look Beth you are clearly not understanding. I am not "hating" on you lol nor am I mad at you.... I dont know you but I do know that you like a sick movie and you are still trying to defend yourself for liking it. When I express my opionions on here I get ... uhh what do you call it "hated on".

Clearly you can see the difference in kids today than 10-20 years ago. Supporting things like this is/will make it worse in the future. I am sorry if you feel like I talked bad to you ... it just strikes me as odd that a woman would support such a movie. But to each his/her own. I sitll think it is shame IMO... There are reasons why there are such shows as "to catch a predator" hmmmm