Sign in to follow this  
Cajunboiler

Sanjaya Malakar

At this point the only way to keep watching this show is to realize that the voting is NOT representative in any way of fan opinion.

This is great! Now that he is on the Idol tour we have to shoot for the final four. Maybe it is the Stern effect...all I know is I'm laughing my ass off! :animated_rotfl:

This was 60's British invasion week...while the little girl may not have been specifically planted in the audience, they tried to make it seem like the Ed Sullivan show (and Sanjaya was the Beatles). The blonde chap who was instructing the guys on singing (a producer too I believe) knew what Sanjaya was going to sing...he knew what was coming, they knew how cringeworthy his performance would be - yet, they also knew that Sanjaya's target audience (10 year olds girls) would be there to support him. I highly suspect the cameras were scanning to find someone in the audience and yes, they found exactly ONE.

The moment highlighting the little girl crying hysterically might have looked suspicious by itself, but when Ryan suggested that Sanjaya go over to the girl, it couldn't have been more obvious how staged it all was.

Reminds me of an incident last year--There was a celebrity in the audience (I forget who), and Ryan went over to talk with her (this was at a point when there were only about 6 contestants left). He asked the actress if she had a request (odd question to begin with), and she said she'd like to hear Taylor Hicks sing again (he had already sung earlier). So Taylor sang twice that night; no other contestant did.

If they're going to stage things like the little girl last night, or the incident with Taylor last year, I wish they'd be a little less obvious. This kind of stuff is just insulting to fans.

And while I am on a roll about us being puppets of the producers...one has to consider how VFTW (vote for the worst) and Howard Stern fall into the producers grand plans... While they may not be exactly happy about their control of the Worst (think William Hung) they are getting a lot of buzz, press coverage and audience each week as a result.

And let's not stop there, I am sure that they are working "True Idol fans" to pick up the phone or text message for "Real (Worthy) American Idols" - their telecom sponsor has to love that. Cha-Ching!!!!

If they could get us to believe that Sanja drinks Pepsi, I betcha there would be something on Idol to get the other 30 million to drink Coke. I can just see it... "now that he is old enough, Sanjaya drives a Yugo just like he sings....Hurry and buy a Ford!

The girl was planted. I posted this in AI discussion thread but they did a story on her here and she was there to watch a taping of "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader." Then they were asked if they wanted to stay for the AI rehearsal and when they saw how emotional she was at the rehearsal they asked her to stay for the show.

Realityfan is right...here's the NY Post article:

Crying girl article

All this is just making the show into a stupid joke.

The 800 pound gorilla is turning into a 40 pound chimp...

everyone see now old uvp wasnt lying when i said idol was fixed.

funny video but now I'm feeling sorry for the girl. I don't think that she was told that she was a plant and now she's getting a lot of publicity that she probably didn't ask for. She's 13 and that's a tender age. Anything that anyone says about her is going to have an effect on her for the rest of her life.

Agreed. I feel really sorry for the little girl. I'd love to know who (specifically) engineered the situation.

..."I was just so happy and I couldn't believe I was there! It's like a dream come true!" she said.

That's what I thought. The kid was so excited to be there...add all the cheering and clapping from the audience...and watching the "idols" life...tears of joy...not tears for Sanjaya.

She cried all through the show. I don't think it was a plant or staged... but the media sure ran with it and have made a whole story out of nothing.

I don't feel sorry for the girl. They're not asking her life or death questions. She's only getting her 15 mins of fame. Her mom should know better than to say yes to stupid interviews over "Why did you cry at a concert?"

I know if I was 13 and had to go back to school after crying on national tv I wouldn't be enjoying my newfound fame. If you think the media is cruel...that's nothing compared to middle schoolers.

I can't help but see the AI people plotting and scheming while enjoying the ratings...

A new way to make lemonade out of the bad singers...

William Hung is sooooo 2 years ago.

Before Show:

Studio Head: Ratings are through the roof thanks to Stern and these Vote for the Worst losers (VFTW).

Network Exec: Yes, we upped our advertising rates after that pretty yet topless girl was tossed.

Producer: Its's British Invasion week-it'll be Ed Sullivanesqe...Fainting, screaming & tears while Sanjaya is singing that dreadful song.

Casting: ...ahhh here's a little cherub that will do, let's put her toward the front and have Sanjaya croon right past her.

Director: Cut to Camera 2 often to capture screaming tweener reaction while Sanjaya wails.

Production Assitant (PA): Buy asprin & earplugs.

Scriptwriter: Queue Ryan to introduce Sanjaya to little Girl - "If there is anything else you need we will be right up here".

After Show:

Network Exec: Hmmm....wonder if we can get Rosie to buy the little girl a house (evil chuckle)

Producer: Note to Self...hire guy fired from Obama site over that Hilllary thing - he will know what to do.

Casting: Jezzz...thank-god they moved beyond hiring Dunkleman in Season 1.

PA: Buy more asprin and continue to Scan VFTW to report on starvation girl's progress.

I work with middle schoolers at a middle school...in this day and age getting to be seen and "interviewed" on TV would actually make her popular with her peers.

Also...in order to get "interviewed" by the Today show and other media the parents and the kid have to say yes...she was/is not obligated to put herself on display any further.

Cyclone, that's probably not very far off the mark...!!

It can happen that Sanjaya wins. Boy will that tick off Simon. He is always saying that it is a singing competition! Because the show is set up to have the public vote a winner, eye candy can win out. I know that Sanjaya is eye candy to the preteen crowd, big time!!

I understand the CLG {Crying Little Girl}. Sanjaya has that effect on people with ears.

And VFTW didn't matter when they picked Sundance and Antonella and they got voted off the next week, so I have to assume they're no more powerful now they they ever were, which is not powerful at all.

But Sanjaya , according to dialidol, has placed a consistent 3-4 since the beginning. so between the Stern fans {except Gary the Retard, who hasn't quite mastered the telephone yet} , crazy-in-love teenyboppers, VFTW, people who backlash-vote because of the beating he's taking, and strangely enough, people who actually like him{The age range of the Sanjaya fans in his folder on the AI boards is from 13-62)-----well, that's quite a large bloc of voters. He may be around for a while.

But look at it this way. If he were sent home, the AI season would be even more deadly dull than it is now.

Last year spoiled us.

I'm ashamed to admit this... but my neice, as I have found out, LOVES him! I was so disappointed in her when I heard the news. She's 11yrs. old and insisted that it's because he can really sing. I said, "sweety, it's time to get your hearing tested because he really can't." She wasn't very impressed by me. Surely there's got to be a place set up somewhere, where families of children who adore Sanj can go and seek refuge and get some pride back. I just can't believe she's MY neice...how could she? I feel so betrayed!!!

It's THAT AGE, Elle!!! I have two daughters--my 13-yr old, and her friends, have no use for Sanjaya.

My other daughter is almost 11; she and her friends adore Sanjaya. However, they really have no comment on his singing; they just think he's cute.

...I said, "sweety, it's time to get your hearing tested because he really can't." ... Surely there's got to be a place set up somewhere, where families of children who adore Sanj can go and seek refuge and get some pride back. I just can't believe she's MY neice...how could she?

:animated_rotfl:

Simon has said he'll leave the show if Sanjaya wins. So much pressure on poor Sanjaya makes me feel sorry for him. Last year it was that other highschooler Kevin Covais (Chicken Little) who would not get voted off and he said he felt miserable every time someone else (more talented) got the boot instead of him (the one most thought should go) because fans would hold it against him (kevin) and let him know so, not very nicely, whenever the group went places in between shows. That's harsh!

I think Simon is silly for saying that. He, of all people, should understand that while AI is a singing competition, the concept of a winner bering chosen by the American public, allows for this very thing to happen. He is silly for saying that. Besides, the most talented will more than likely be furthering their careers anyway with various labels signing them on, right?

Keep voting for Mangina! Vote early, and vote often! If we are lucky we will heare the words....'and YOUR next American Idol...Mangina!' *crowd goes wild* :animated_rotfl:

Sign in to follow this