Arnold Shapiro Steps Down

Brekkie Boy

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111795846...yid=14&cs=1

Julie Chen is on board to once again host "Big Brother," which first debuted in 2000, weeks after "Survivor" launched. Allison Grodner Prods. will produce, in association with Endemol USA.

There's one behind-the-scenes twist on "Big Brother" this summer: After seven seasons, exec producer Arnold Shapiro has decided to step down from that role and will instead serve as an exec consultant.

Grodner, who's been exec producer alongside Shapiro since both joined the skein in 2001, will now produce the skein via her self-titled banner. Also returning as exec producer: Rich Meehan.

Shapiro said he was "gratified that Allison and I were able to successfully 're-invent' BB2 and turn the series into an annual summer hit."

Grodner indicated that last year's "all-star" edition has prompted producers to think of the upcoming season of the skein as a new starting point. "We consider 'All-Stars' sort of the end of an era, and now we're getting a chance to start once again with a fresh cast and new twists," she told Daily Variety.

It's good news IMO - he's there for advice if needed, but All Stars was obviously the end of an era and although it's a case of people stepping up rather than stepping in, it should be the catalyst for bringing new ideas in.

Moving into a brand new era is exactly what BBUSA needs - I'm sure the core HoH & Veto concept will remain largely unchanged, but hopefully this series will feel like it's progressed and isn't just the same show with different people!

I can't imagine how Shapiro's stepping down might make a difference.

Does anybody remember anything -- a decision, an appearance, a twist -- that was distinctly his?

Seems to me we heard lots more about and from Allison all along.

I know he was the guy that went on to Housecalls and "answered" questions. But that's about all I remember from JUST him. Allison is the one that does the house tour at the beginning with Julie. I'm not really sure what else they did separate.

Does anybody remember anything -- a decision, an appearance, a twist -- that was distinctly his?

How would we know either way? So much goes on behind the scenes, unless a person is there, there is no way to know who to credit\blame for any specific idea\twist\decision. What little I know, such as comments made by house guests, Shapiro was looked to as the man who was in control. I can recall a couple times on the feeds when HGs would say\ask "Hey Arnold can we get some...". I think it was against house rules to frame questions like that, but it happened; that is sometimes why we would get fish feeds.

the cheater finally resign too bad another cheater takes his spot

Archived