Any news on BB8?

Brekkie Boy

I have never doubted Fizzle.

But, I have doubted CBS for trying to truly entertain us. I have hated their twists from the beginning. It would also be nice to get rid of the try-outs by video.....it now only brings in wannabe actors/models/halfwits.

I hope someone from CBS is now looking in supermarkets, pharmacies and department stores for potential houseguests...it would make the show REAL. Something that has been lost in "reality" tv.

While the Wanna-Be pretty boy & girls tend to be over the top...they'll need to make sure they don't pick up a handful of boring Susies & Joes.Yawners are worse than glamor grabbers.All boring people do is put me to sleep! <_<

I find it slightly interesting that there has only been one report of BB being renewed for this summer. I'm not being a nay-sayer, and suggesting it has been cancelled, I just think if it had been renewed as the one article claims, there would be much more chatter throughout the internet and more official announcements from producers and CBS. So far, only one article from eonline, which is not very clear.

I don't perceive that e-oline "blog" as an official decision\announcement and it is the only source that I've seen. All other announcements I have read can be traced back to that one blog. At best the blog is vague in what it says CBS has decided. I think that e-online blog is more speculation than fact.

If I were to bet, I'd say there is over an 85% chance of BB coming back and the final decision already has been made, but that decision has not be made public.

Courtesy of: VERIETY.COM

CBS still says yes to 'Big Brother'

Net approves eighth season of reality show

By JOSEF ADALIAN

grodner_allison.jpg

Grodner

"Big Brother" will be back for another round of real-people melodrama.

CBS has greenlit production on an eighth season of the hit summer sudser, which has become a fixture on the net's warm-weather sked. After pausing last year for an "all-star" edition featuring past contestants, skein will return to its normal "real" people format this year.

Julie Chen is on board to once again host "Big Brother," which first debuted in 2000, weeks after "Survivor" launched. Allison Grodner Prods. will produce, in association with Endemol USA.

There's one behind-the-scenes twist on "Big Brother" this summer: After seven seasons, exec producer Arnold Shapiro has decided to step down from that role and will instead serve as an exec consultant.

Grodner, who's been exec producer alongside Shapiro since both joined the skein in 2001, will now produce the skein via her self-titled banner. Also returning as exec producer: Rich Meehan.

Shapiro said he was "gratified that Allison and I were able to successfully 're-invent' BB2 and turn the series into an annual summer hit."

Grodner indicated that last year's "all-star" edition has prompted producers to think of the upcoming season of the skein as a new starting point. "We consider 'All-Stars' sort of the end of an era, and now we're getting a chance to start once again with a fresh cast and new twists," she told Daily Variety.

Allison Grodner Prods. is also producing the Eye's upcoming untitled kiddie quizzer (Daily Variety, Dec. 7) .

Courtesy of: TVGASM.COM

A "new era" for Big Brother! -

by Tabloid Baby

chenbot.jpg

With all the international uproar over racism on Celebrity Big Brother in the UK, it was easy to overlook the homely little version of the series that's brightened the past seven summers on these shores. But days after the finale of the British series, CBS has announced its given the greenlight to an eighth season of Big Brother.

And the boss's wife will be back as host.

Yes, Julie Chen, plucked from the ranks of the CBS newsroom to be the trophy bride of president Les Moonves, and molded into the beloved shapely Chenbot, will be the only celebrity on this latest edition of BB. After last year's "all star edition" featuring contestants from the past, BB8 will return this summer with a fresh cast of unknowns, in what producers are calling "a new era."

And there's at least one twist in store:

Executive producer Arnold Shapiro is stepping down. He'll keep an "executive consultant" title and hand over the show to his fellow EP Alison Grodner, who took over--and saved--the series with Shapiro in its second season.

Grodner tells Variety: "We consider All-Stars sort of the end of an era, and now we're getting a chance to start once again with a fresh cast and new twists."

I am now satisified to the point of believing that BB as been officially renewed. The e-online story wasn't enough for me, and it didn't contain any of the latest info about the change in head producers.

Actually that Buddy TV article is little more than common sense and there is nothing there they couldn't do - well, apart from fire Julie Chen I suppose!

Having a seperate challenge arena is something alot of BB's do now - and even if they need to make the back yard smaller to make room for it that wouldn't really be a problem as it's only the size it is because of the challenges really.

• 2 months later...

Something new for this year!

BB Reloader has a new option. Using its new screen capture feature will automatically upload the image to its own archive area and can be linked from there. Sorta like a YouTube for BB screen shots! To find out more, go to BBScreens

p.s. BBReloader will also be free this year -- IF you get the live feeds through its site.

There are even more Open Casting Calls

for Big Brother 8 tomorrow and more into May ...

The cool one is TOMORROW at the CBS Studio (on Radford)

where the Big Brother House is stationed ..

It's like so close.. and yet just so far???

Please be sure to bring the following with you to the open call:

A complete application (download via site HERE)

2 pictures of yourself (1 of your face AND 1 of your full body)

A copy of your drivers license OR state issued ID

A copy of your passport OR birth certificate OR social security card

Saturday, April 14

Bakersfield, CA 10am - 3pm

Nissan of Bakersfield

2800 Pacheco Road

Bakersfield Automall

Bakersfield, CA

Saturday, April 14

Los Angeles, CA 11am - 3pm

CBS Studios - Radford

4024 Radford Ave

Studio City, CA 91604

Wednesday, April 18

Grapevine, TX 3pm - 10pm

Game Works

Grapevine Mills Mall

3000 Grapevine Mills Parkway

Suite # 525

Grapevine, TX 76105

Thursday, April 26

Charlotte, NC 5pm - 7pm

Center City Alive After 5

Wachovia Plaza

Charlotte, NC

Saturday, April 28

Salt Lake City, UT 1pm - 4pm

Duffy's Tavern

A Private Members Club

932 South Main St.

SLC, UT 84101

Friday, May 4

Atlanta, GA 10pm - 12am

Fever Nightclub

1789 Chesire Bridge Rd.

Atlanta, GA 30324

Saturday, May 5

Lincoln, NE 12pm - 3pm

Libations (Downtown)

317 South 11th

Lincoln, NE 68508

:cheshire:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm glad they confirmed that BB will be back this summer. Like others have said, it's the highlight of my summer. But, I've read somewhere that this new pirate show may go into the timeslot that BB usually has. Can anyone confirm this? Seeing as they put TAR on Sundays this season, it's not like it couldn't happen to BB as well. But it seems like it would really thow everything off. I already had to content with them dropping Saturday last season, I can't take another change! :angry:

Archived