Out of the Closet

Cajunboiler

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was forced to announce this after being 'outed' for months now. This is about as shocking as when Rosie O'Donnell or Ellen DeGeneres announced their sexual preference. :rolleyes: Lance and Reichen have been spotted all over the country . . . in gay bars, out shopping. They've used Shannon Elizabeth and Jamie-Lynn Sigler as beards to 'try' to throw off paparazzi. It didn't work.

At least, this should stop the 'rumors' and possibly give the couple some peace until one of them has something to promote and then it's off to talk show circuit heaven! Do I see a reality show in their future? LOL!

I'll just be glad when this kind of news will happily make our Matched or Wedding News nationwide and not become front page news. Yes, even straight people are tired of their friends having to hide their happiness or not get their equal rights under the law. Okay . . . stepping off my soapbox now.

God, I HATE being right and so soon after finishing the previous post. Today, Lance's boyfriend, Reichen Lehmkuhl, was ALL over the air waves talking about the bravery of his partner coming out . . . AND . . . promoting his new book, "Here's What We'll Say," which also 'comes out' this fall and talking about his newest modeling campaign. Just once I wish someone would appear on a talk show or an entertainment program because they enjoy it or want to promote a charity or something else equally altruistic. Everyone has to have a dream! LOL!

• 2 months later...

ap_100.jpg

Lance Bass' Boyfriend Target of Threats

560f4b6d-f918-4c23-9332-d460f58f5436-sma

Lance Bass and Reichen Lehmkuhl

Lance Bass' boyfriend, Reichen Lehmkuhl, says he and the former 'N Sync star have been dealing with threats ignited by his new memoir about the trials of being gay while serving in the military. "We have to be very protective," Lehmkuhl tells the TV show "Inside Edition" in an interview that was to air Wednesday.

"I am not going to hide," says the former Air Force captain and winner of season four of CBS' "Amazing Race." "There are threats that come in from people who do not want me to be so public and expose what is going on in the military."

Lehmkuhl, 32, says that he and Bass, who revealed he is gay in July, forward the threats to private security personnel who send what they consider the more serious ones to the FBI. "Everything is being covered so we feel safe," he said.

lanceandreichen.jpg

Reichen Lehmkuhl and Lance Bass

Lehmkuhl's book, "Here's What We'll Say: Growing Up, Coming Out, and the U.S. Air Force Academy," recounts his time keeping his sexual orientation a secret from Air Force colleagues.

"There was definitely an institionalized acceptance of people being homophobic and telling gay jokes and making homophobic remarks really, really mean homophobic remarks to the point of, 'Kill gay people,'" Lehmkuhl, who was honorably discharged from the Air Force five years ago, told ABC News earlier this week.

He became a target when people began to suspect his sexuality, he says. One night, he told ABC News, a bag was pulled over his head and he was sexually assaulted. He didn't report the incident.

• 2 weeks later...

people55x23.jpg

Actor T.R. Knight Confirms He's Gay

ac_greysanatomy_knight.jpg

T.R. Knight

LOS ANGELES, California -- "Grey's Anatomy" star T.R. Knight is gay, he has confirmed exclusively to People Magazine" in a recent interview. "I guess there have been a few questions about my sexuality, and I'd like to quiet any unnecessary rumors that may be out there," Knight said in a statement.

"While I prefer to keep my personal life private, I hope the fact that I'm gay isn't the most interesting part of me," he added. Knight, 33, plays the unassuming Dr. George O'Malley on the hit ABC drama. A Minneapolis native, he began his career in that city's famed Guthrie Theater. He has also appeared on "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" and "Law & Order: Criminal Intent."

ap_100.jpg

Lehmkuhl Says Harris Was 'Lanced'

10165021_240X180.jpg

Reichen Lehmkuhl and Lance Bass

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Doogie Howser wasn't outed, he was "lanced." That's a new term to describe celebrities who have been forced to reveal they're gay, said Reichen Lehmkuhl, boyfriend of 'N Sync star Lance Bass. "It's to be outed by someone in the public media and to a celebrity, and Neil Patrick Harris, I understand, has been 'lanced,'" Lehmkuhl told AP Radio News.

The term was coined, he said in a recent Associated Press interview, after Bass revealed earlier this year that he is gay. "They're calling it a 'lancing.' It's to be 'lanced,'" Lehmkuhl said of Harris, who said last week he is "a very content gay man living my life to the fullest."

Harris, who played the namesake doctor on the TV series "Doogie Howser, M.D." as a teen, made the disclosure weeks after Perez Hilton, the self-proclaimed "Queen of All Media," posted an item on his Web site, PerezHilton.com, pleading with the 33-year-old actor to come out. Bass, one of Hilton's favorite subjects, disclosed his sexuality in July.

neilpatrickharris_datemovie_240.jpg

Neil Patrick Harris

Bass, 27, said he had decided to "speak my mind" because rumors about his sexuality were starting to affect his daily life. The singer also said he was in a "very stable" relationship with Lehmkuhl, 32, a former Air Force captain and winner of season four of CBS' "Amazing Race."

"People should be able to come out on their own," Lehmkuhl told AP Radio. "I don't know so much that it helps gay equality if a celebrity is outed by someone else and it shows that they're forced out. It seems like it just continues the vilification of homosexuality in the media in this country," he said.

Lehmkuhl is promoting his book, "Here's What We'll Say," which recounts his time keeping his sexual orientation a secret from Air Force colleagues.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
didnt know if you knew. but Jody Foster is a les.

This has never been confirmed by her... Her estranged brother started this rumor/fact/who knows/ several years ago so it may or may not be true. As far as her coming "out of the closet"- at this point, she hasn't.

It's pretty sad that there is actually a thread about whether someone is gay or not........

Good point, queenjoni...and I tend to agree. I personally just wanted to defend Jodi Foster because she should able to keep her sexual orientation private if she desires to without the media, her brother, or anyone else speculating. the end. :bedtime:

as a gay man i am soooo happy that celbs are coming out!

the more people out there that show who they really are the better!

it is great that people can see that gay people are just like everyone else.

we have good/bad beutiful/plain normal/psycho rich/poor famous/not famous people who do nothing but share the same type of sexuality.

Archived