Sign in to follow this  
Adria0

Six Degrees

Six Degrees airs after Grey's Anatomy at 10:00. It got good reviews. Figured I'd make a thread for discussion.

Six Degrees Series Premiere: Thursday, Sept. 21 @ 10/9c! on ABC

There is a theory that anyone on the planet is connected to any other person through a chain of six people... Who might you be connected to?

They say that anyone on the planet can be connected to any other person through a chain of six people, which means that no one is a stranger... for long. In this new drama from the producers of "Lost" and "Alias," six very different New Yorkers go about their lives without realizing the impact they're having on one another, but a mysterious web of coincidences gradually draws them closer, changing the course of their lives forever, on "Six Degrees," a new ensemble drama about the possibilities of a greater force at work guiding everyone together and connecting the lives of us all, premiering THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 21 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

In the premiere episode, "Pilot," Laura, a grieving single mother, begins the chain. Next is Whitney, the self-made success story who thinks her boyfriend is cheating. Move on to Steven, the artist/photographer who believes he's lost his "eye." Follow with Damian, who can't escape his criminal brother's shadow, then on to Mae, the girl with a dangerous past that she's hiding from, and finally to Carlos, the good guy with a crush who doesn't know what he's in for.

This intriguing tale of intertwined destinies reminds us that romance, success, peace or forgiveness might be right around the corner, but they can also be lost in an instant. It's a story that underlines just how small the world really is, and how someone just five people away might be shaping your future right now.

"Six Degrees" stars Jay Hernandez ("Friday Night Lights") as Carlos, Bridget Moynahan ("Sex and the City") as Whitney, Erika Christensen ("Flightplan") as Mae, Dorian Missick ("Lucky Number Slevin") as Damian, with Campbell Scott ("The Secret Lives of Dentists") as Steven and Hope Davis ("About Schmidt") as Laura.

Guest starring in "Pilot" are Jonathan Cake as Roy, Michael Kenneth Williams as Michael, Dennis Boutsikaris as Leonard Ralston, Robert John Burke as David, Nick Sandow as Louie, Robert Clohessy as Scott Faubel, Neal Huff as Harry, Ronald Guttman as Charles, Ruby Jerins as Eliza and Miles Chandler as Max.

ep101_08_240x360.jpgep101_05_240x360.jpgep101_10_240x360.jpgep101_11_240x360.jpgep101_15_240x360.jpg

ABC-SIX DEGREES

i watched it. i dont know if i like it yet or not. i will give it another episode or two before giving a definate answer.

first episode really didnt get my full attention.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW COMMENTARY

Six Degrees

by Sabrina Rojas Weiss

September 21, 2006: New York, New York!

Dear Sally,

You'll never guess what happened to me today. Do you think it's possible to meet your soul mate on the subway?

Sigh. If I keep trying to see signs of Felicity in this show, I will be disappointed. What J.J. we can find here (he's a busy man now, and but one of a slew of exec producers and writers on this project), is darker and more mature. Still, Carlos' opening and closing narration was an awful lot like something the curly-tressed coed would have spoken into her tape recorder. Then there was the Magic 8 Ball photograph Steven gave to his son, and Angel Cohn astutely pointed out to me how much Mae's mysterious box resembles Megan's. (If Carlos and Mae find themselves in a romantic game of Boggle, I will be out of my mind with glee.) And despite this being the story of six rather sad, troubled souls, it takes place in the kinder, gentler New York City that was home to Miss Porter and Co. ? a city in which a public defender could believe he'll meet his soul mate on a subway, a girl could find work as a nanny without having her police record thoroughly investigated, and two women could form a friendship at the nail salon. Well, the city hasn't been kind or gentle for Steven and Damian, but you get the feeling that in real life, at least one of these broken-down characters would be dead already. (Wow, aren't I full of cheery optimism!)

Who cares about being realistic, though, when you have so much potential for character development? We've seen little more than the rough sketches of these six, but if they continue to be this well written and acted (so awesome to see Hope Davis and Campbell Scott on television), I can't wait to get to know them better. I already feel bad for Carlos, the sweet idealist who's bound to get his heart broken by his enigmatic crush, Mae. Is she a runaway from her parents or from something more sinister? Who's that guy advising her on the phone? (And where in New York did she find not one but two working pay phones?) So glad she "dyed" her hair, by the way; Erika Christensen looked mighty weird in that wig. Whitney is the kind of powerful career woman I want to look up to, but pity at the same time. Despite her aggressive exterior, her fairy-tale ideal of romance leaves her so vulnerable. But please tell me, what kind of blind schmuck would cheat on Bridget Moynahan? I look forward to her growing friendship with plucky widow Laura. Just don't let Laura get involved with Steven. It's a bit icky that he found renewed inspiration in her public display of grief. Right now, Damian is the least interesting character to me ? I'm just hoping he turns out to be more than your textbook down-and-out gambler forced to rejoin a life of crime. For the moment, though, I'm willing to keep an open mind while we watch these stories unfold.

[Editor's Note: This post was written by Sabrina Rojas Weiss.]

Posted by Sabrina Rojas Weiss 09/21/06 11:24 PM

ABC.COM has a quick 3:40 video of what prviously happened.

Go go ABC MEDIAPLAYER then SIX DEGREES

Looks good, I will try to watch it.