Reply or comment to my yearly rant

morty

My thanks to everyone here for making this season for me. This board was more fun than the show or feeds were for me. Thanks to everyone. See ya next year.

Good work as always Morty and co.

Always interesting to read your views, and agree with you that the rules need to be enforced and the HGs have it too easy.

There was more effort from the producers this year though (certainly compared to BB6) - the Coup d'Etat fell flat on it's face, but was the most interesting twist since the Veto was introduced.

The competition of the year was without a doubt that Veto comp where the HGs had to sacrifice things like their hot water and bed to win points.

It's discussed elsewhere on the forums, but I'd like to ask Morty directly what he thinks should be done to improve BB8.

One simple twist used in most versions around the world at some point is the Rich-Poor divide. In place of the food challenges the houseguests compete to determine which side they live.

The rich side gets the luxuries like the pool and gym, the comfy bedroom and the essentials like the kitchen and bathroom - plus a week's supply of food.

On the poor side it's just a basic living space and uncomfortable bedroom. Houseguests have to shower outside, the toilet is outside and they just basic rations with only an outdoor stove to cook on!

good read

Guest 6Borders

Excellent report and I have to agree with everything. The question is how to make the producers sit up and listen and actually discipline the HG's. I really don't think they care since they have our money in advance.

And we wonder why the hg's did not learn anything from their past seasons...apparently the hamster does not fall far from the wheel!

• 1 month later...

:P I agree that you need to set more rules for them.. We shouldn't be punished cause they want to be lazy.

Get up late, no hot water. Also with the whole withholding food they need to do something different!! I dunno what, but just something different!

:rolleyes::DB)

bigmama_8099

Funny you mention the Withholding food thing. I've just been watching "Tarrant on TV" - a UK show which looks a weird TV from around the world (you provide a good chunk of the contents!) and they screened a feature on Russian reality show "Hunger House".

The format was created when someone on the local version of Big Brother joked that they should withdraw the food and see who dies first - and someone took them seriously!

No deaths (yet!), but they are locked in a house with no food (they get vitamin drinks though) - and every week a couple of them are let out on to the streets of Moscow to try and earn money for food. The last one to go mad (or not be eaten by their fellow houseguests) wins $1000 a month for the rest of their life!

Archived