Ratings drop after Janey left

Depeche221

Usually the ratings get higher and higher for the last few episodes, but alas, once Janey left, BB dropped out of the top 20. I think this is the first time that the final episodes were not in the top 20. The ratings aren't posted for last nights finale, but I bet they were pretty dismal as well. Hey Erika and Boogie, no one wanted you guys in the finals.

Week's Top-20 Prime-Time Nielsen Ratings

AP

Prime-time viewership numbers compiled by Nielsen Media Research for Sept. 4-10. Top 20 listings include the week's ranking, with viewership for the week and season-to-date rankings in parentheses. An "X" in parentheses denotes a one-time-only presentation.

1. (X) NFL Football: Indianapolis vs. N.Y. Giants, NBC, 22.57 million viewers.

2. (12) "House," Fox, 19.65 million viewers.

3. (X) NFL Football: Miami vs. Pittsburgh, NBC, 19.2 million viewers.

4. (X) "Sunday Night NFL Pre-Kick," NBC, 14.50 million viewers.

5. (X) "Thursday Night Pre-Kick," NBC, 14.02 million viewers.

6. (X) "Standoff," Fox, 13.63 million viewers.

7. (X) College Football: Ohio St. at Texas, ABC, 13.27 million viewers.

8. (37) "The O.T.," Fox, 12.12 million viewers.

9. (X) "Football Night in America," NBC, 11.63 million viewers.

10. (98) "The Simpsons," Fox, 11.626 million viewers.

11. (3) "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," CBS, 10.67 million viewers.

12. (7) "Without a Trace," CBS, 10.56 million viewers.

13. (X) "Two and a Half Men," CBS, 10.33 million viewers.

14. (116) "Family Guy," Fox, 9.93 million viewers.

15. (X) "CSI: Miami," CBS, 9.73 million viewers.

16. (26) "60 Minutes," CBS, 9.55 million viewers.

17. (X) "CSI: NY," CBS, 9.43 million viewers.

18. (61) "Prison Break," Fox, 9.29 million viewers.

19. (37) "Law & Order," NBC, 9.23 million viewers.

20. (71) "Bones," Fox, 9.13 million viewers.

Dep

Usually the ratings get higher and higher for the last few episodes,

I like how you just drop this little nugget and expect everyone to just accept it as fact. I read nothing more of your post after this because I do not believe this to be true.

Who says the rating usually get higher for the last few episodes? The last few episodes suck and the finale is always the worst episode of the season. My opinion.

It's also because the Dancing With The Stars premiere was on last night - I wanted to see Jerry Springer get his groove on :o

But oh, look at all the football - the numbers for BB might actually still be the same though, eh because top 20 are all in the 9million mark and BB never rakes in more than 8?

But yeah, Erika and Boogie are not exactly fan favorites ;)

Thank goodness after this season we have no more Janelle & the cult must move on :P

Funny but I read differently from the Futon Critic.... (& I quote)

...according to live plus same day Nielsen ratings for the week ending Sept. 10, week 51 of the television year.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

THE TUESDAY AND THURSDAY EDITIONS OF "BIG BROTHER: ALL-STARS" DELIVER SEASON HIGH RATINGS IN VIEWERS AND KEY DEMOGRAPHICS

Released by CBS

-- BIG BROTHER: ALL-STARS

? BIG BROTHER: ALL STARS TUESDAY was second, behind the season 3 premiere of "House," in households (5.6/09), viewers (8.83m), adults 25-54 (4.0/10), adults 18-49 (3.6/10) and adults 18-34 (3.2/10). This is the best delivery of BIG BROTHER ALL-STARS TUESDAY in households, viewers and key demos to date.

? BIG BROTHER 7: ALL-STARS THURSDAY was second behind NBC's "Kick off Show" and NFL Game between the Dolphins and the Steelers in households (5.3/09), viewers (8.45m), adults 25-54 (3.7/10), adults 18-49 (3.2/10) and adults 18-34 (2.8/10). This is BIG BROTHER: ALL-STARS's best Thursday delivery in households, viewers, adults 18-34, adults 18-49 and adults 25-54.

Looks to me like BB had it's biggest Tuesday & Thursday to date but Janelle didn't actually leave til the end of the show Thursday so I don't see how any ratings drop (even though it may be nonexistant) had anything to do with her. :) Did everyone turn off their TVs for the last 30 seconds of the show :P

Depeche, you must have known this thread would bring all the haters out, right? You know, the ones who cannot bear to even imagine that Janelle is the most popular houseguest ever on Big Brother. The ones who cannot let a single compliment about Janelle pass without challenging it? Those people?

Tarman I don't see how he was paying a compliment to Janelle. The poster was actually saying that he ratings dropped because she left the show when in fact the days that were referred to were while she was still there (even though I don't believe there was a ratings drop).

I don't believe there has been a negative post about Janelle in this thread so puleeze get over it :rolleyes:

Quote dumblonde: Thank goodness after this season we have no more Janelle & the cult must move on

I don't believe there has been a negative post about Janelle in this thread so puleeze get over it

I would say the first statement is on the negative side of the spectrum.

Don't worry about me folks. There are a certain few on here that really should go check out a site that is more geared towards their childishness. I am just glad that I don't have to deal with the few idiots on this board anymore until next year. :)

I have been posting the Nielson ratings each week this entire season, as well as previous seasons and this is definately not the norm to have nothing in the top 20 during the final week. Will be interesting to see where the finale ends up when the ratings come out next wed.

Dep

Quote dumblonde: Thank goodness after this season we have no more Janelle & the cult must move on

I don't believe there has been a negative post about Janelle in this thread so puleeze get over it

Quote Catwishes: I would say the first statement is on the negative side of the spectrum.

I would disagree 100%.

Depeche221 before you go calling anyone an idiot you might want to check your post that started this whole stupid thread. I mean saying that the ratings dropped because Janelle left, when in fact, Janelle was still in the house just isn't too bright to start with ;)

I agree with Scuba - BB All Stars won't rank high in my memories of the best BB season.

There was a large concensus who weren't happy to see Boogie and Erika in the finals but tuned in the finale to see their own personal favorites - whether it was Will, Janelle, Dani, etc. Glad there was a little mud-slinging in there too. Was the only thing that kept me awake.

well i loved janelle on the show, but i hate football more than i love her....so i was still watching after she was evicted.....i didnt watch the live feeds much after the night she and erika finally compared notes, if i had heard that erika and mike b were actually talking about something interesting i would have turned them back on.....but i think three months of it is definately enough

Archived