I am no Erika fan buuuuuut,

SoothSayer

After having a goodnights sleep for once in weeks I have woken up this morning and reflected on what happen lastnight....I really thought Erika deserved what happen..she was so cocky and jealous and I was surprised that her head fit through the door lastnight her ego was so big.Her thinking she took out Will and thinking she was the puppet master was just down right nuts.And watching her Q&A I was shocked how confident she was.

So in saying all that I did read some recaps over at JUs with someone who was at the live show and I have changed my mind..I still dislike Erika but nobody really deserves to be embarassed like that.I know she knew she was being played and then fell back into the Boogie love but she is human and does have feelings I hope she gets help that she needs and can find happiness

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really can't compare Alison & Erika. Alison was the player & Erika was the playee. I am NOT an Alison fan, but their games were different. The other difference is Erika knew she was being played and didn't want to believe it. If it was any of you and you were told your were being played and you choose to ignore it, then who's fault is it? Sure it was harsh, but she had to be told. And like someone else has stated, better before she starts partying with them and everyone knowing but her.

ladybee, I was going to mention the same thing. Erika was getting used, while Allison was doing the using. They are nothing alike.

The Will/Jani, Mike/Erika showmances were pretty sad. Both girls got played, and even at the end of this game, the girls are still hanging onto these guys. Janelle was all over Will last night, even though he acted like he didn't want to be touched...and Erika had to see actual clips of Boogie for her to get a clue. But she's so delusional, she probably thinks things will still work out for them.

Umm...the only time Janelle was "leaning" into Will was during the Q &A's. (this is before the got a chance to talk) However she was actully VERY composed during the live show. even when it was announced that she won the AC, She immediatly turned AWAY from Will and Hugged everyone else, when she turned back Will gave her a quick kiss on the cheak and the both pulled away like they were both uncomftable.

Also if you look at the after show pics there is a pick where Wills hand is on HER shoulder.

I think Janelle behaved very well. during the whole show.

As a big fan Janie I was very worried about her responses, behaviour towrds Will ect....but she did well.

Also Will is not going to act touchy feell when he knows Erin is probably tuning in.

<_< scarika, scarika, scarika........you set yourself up for a HUGE fall! poor dear. they never learn. it's always "that will never happen to me" it always happens to the other girl. well, i do believe you were put in your place last nite.

while she had a good game going, she was a bit delusional in the question/answer session. i do believe that she took credit for everything once sequester started. while you might have talked janie into getting rid of will, i do believe that's ALL you did. well, aside from what you did with mike......BLECH!

janelle....congrats on your AC win, like it was even a contest. you were all over will at the Q&A, but in her defense, she had just walked out of the house and hadn't had time to think things over (which also accounts for her immense hatred for erika at the time). i also agree that she was very composed last nite and was diplomatic and reserved. i did have a chuckle at janie's expense when they showed the DR clips of james....she's not very good at reading people.

all in all.....i think the finale show was better than the entire season put together. very entertaining.

and i agree.......julie needs to fire her stylist!

That's right. I forgot both Jani and Will had significant others, which made the "showmance" even more disturbing. I'm sorry, trying to "make out" with a taken man is not something that sits well with me. But for some reason people thought it was cute. As nasty and gross that the Erika/Mike hook up was, at least they were both single.

Janelle acted a little aloof towards Will, I thought. Sure she leaned on him a couple times during the Q&A, but it wasn't like she was hanging on him. Boogie didn't even let Erica get THAT close. Wills arm was draped over the back of the couch where Janelle was--a little more relaxed between the two, then the obvious space between E & B. You would think they'd be holding hands...etc, just for the pure excitement of one of them winning the big bucks. But, they stood far apart...B was off and running to the door after he learned he won....leaving E to follow behind.

The difference between the 4...is that Will respects and at least likes Janelle as a friend. Boogie never cared for Erica on that level, so after the homance was over...he was done.

On another note...Julie looked like a page out of a magazine from the 80's. :unsure:

I read the stuff at Jokers and initially had the same reaction. As I said before, normally I am an extremely compassionate and caring person and cannot stand to see someone hurt. In the end, however, I returned to pretty much my original feelings. Why is it that a person can say whatever they want, do whatever they want without taking anyone else's feelings into consideration, and then expect sympathy when they end up getting hurt? Erika was a complete bitch. She spent hour after hour slamming everyone else in the house. She called people names (including whore), tried to take credit for every move, tried to convince the internet watchers of her superiority both in game play and in her ability to see the difference between a real romance and a show/ho/faux/nomance. She gloated over the fact that SHE had a real relationship while Janelle was so young and stupid that she actually believed Will actually liked her. She justified her actions throughout the game and in the next breath slammed others for similar actions. But the poor girl gets 2 minutes of grief on the finale and we're all supposed to feel sorry for her? Yes, thousands saw the show, but how many people watched her gloat for the past 5 days? If I run my mouth and get slammed for it, I sure don't expect anyone to feel sorry for me over it and I'm sick of people running around thinking they can say or do anything they want and just get away with it.

Sorry for the rant, but not sorry for the content.

By the way, my apologies for the mistake in my post regarding the Ali/Erika thing. I know that there was some difference between what the two did.

You really can't compare Alison & Erika. Alison was the player & Erika was the playee. I am NOT an Alison fan, but their games were different. The other difference is Erika knew she was being played and didn't want to believe it. If it was any of you and you were told your were being played and you choose to ignore it, then who's fault is it? Sure it was harsh, but she had to be told. And like someone else has stated, better before she starts partying with them and everyone knowing but her.

I see your point...maybe it was better then after when anyone of the 14 houseguest could have said something to her

Yeah CBS showed themselves to be unproffesional judgemental asses. It is not their job to make someone look bad because they think it will make "America" happy. Erika played the game. What is really funny is that you that put her down the most would probably do the exact same things she did and then say "I was just playing the game"

Is the finale not part of the game? I don't think any of us could make accurate claims on how we would behave if we were in their situation.

Frankly, I was more bothered by the fact that they continued to keep Boogie and Erika in the house when it was apparant that Erika was losing her marbles or, that there didn't appear to be any real help for Erika when she started losing so much weight that her bones started protruding. If we are going to accuse CBS of being unprofessional, we should start with the fact that george was allowed to be on slop for so long when it obviously wasn't good for them. Several of them claimed that being on slop for multiple days made them feel sluggish, gassy, etc. A few days I could see, but weeks on end? The finale wasn't any more damaging than the mental and physical health issues that started when the game was still going.

I feel somewhat sorry for Erika and i can understand her embarrassment that all of this was shown on the finale. BUT, we had seen it all already anyway and she should be embarrassed. Seeing her reaction was priceless, although i have to admit i was waiting for more emotion. Her pretending that she was playing him as well was her just trying to save face. I did think it was totally wrong of him though after he found out he won to not even acknowledge her. A hug, a congratulations, something would have been better than him running to the door to greet Will. He didn't even hold the door open for her to follow him out. I was embarrassed for her then. And for Boogie's family for raising such and A$$hole.

"I did think that it was totally wrong of him though after he found out he won to not even acknowledge her. A hug, a congratulations, something would have been better than him running to the door to greet Will."~Kelegyrl

Yeah- Booger's a real "class act" huh?

Some might say that Booger was just wrapped up in the excitement and ran to the door because he had just won $500,000. I personally don't buy that argument though. He knew that he had it in the bag with Erika being the one sitting next to him and his best friend and partner in crime, Will, on the jury. Booger didn't even acknowledge Erika IMHO. He treated her like the trash he thinks she is. I'm certainly no Erika fan, but the least he could have done was be a good sport and acknowledged her. <_<

The general thrust of the thread (not alluding to anybody in particular) seems to be that oh well Erika got played but Janelle's different because Will respects her, secretly even likes her. Then Erika gets bashed the hell out of because she 'deserves' it based on whatever rationalization makes it palatable. That kind of makes it seem like the bashing on Erika maybe has more to do with what people can't stand in others is what people don't like in themeselves (public humiliation, shame, getting duped, loss of dignity, losing, getting laughed at and disrespected) and the idea that Janelle is any different is perhaps denial (?)

I mean like I get that it makes some people feel vulnerable so they want to disassociate and claim that Erika needs clinical help and Janelle is different, but really all Erika has is low self-esteem and both girls got played. To say that Erika's delusional because she has no strategy and if she thinks she has strategy means she needs counselling would also necessarily mean the entire jury needs counselling so that in itself is irrational, and to say that Erika's delusional but Janelle is not because Erika got played but Janelle did not . . . well, same deal there. Seeing as Erika got cheated on by Robert and survived, I'm sure she'll get over this one too, and same for Janelle - they're both strong women! As for Boogie, well he's gross but life goes on - I don't see him changing much . . .

PS Although about 50% show compassion too :)

After reading the comments here this morning, I see bits and pieces of what I'm thinking in many of them.

The finale definitely outdid the entire season, it was great. Nakomis looked good, the "ring ring" call from Jase to Kaysar for Diane was hilarious. Will and Jani did fine, both showed a modicum of dignity. Marcellus put his TV face on again, ugh! Danielle was mature and reasonable throughout. James got his with the montage of his Janelle comments. Howie, well, what he said was rough; but he said what I thought and would never had had the guts to say to them on live TV. George's comment that BB today and BB1 were totally different games just went to prove he didn't belong in the All-Stars. Ali.........a perfect lead in to the Erika/Boogie climax (hopefully the only one they will have together).

To the issue of deserving or not..........its a game show, we endured the entire summer. We watched as Boogie used and manipulated and trash talked. We knew what was happening to Erika, some loved it some hated it. There couldn't have been a better ending to the show (forget who won or lost, not important since it was the wrong final two)......the point is WE deserved to see the look on Erikas face. Is that cruel, NO! She acted like scum in response to Boogie's scummy behavior and we had to tolerated it, they did it on TV and on the live feeds for everyone to see, its only fair we got to see it exposed. I thoroughly enjoyed Erika's second 15 minutes of fame.

SamtheCat-

After reading your post only one thought came to mind. I think that everybody on BB this year could benefit for some counseling! LOL! :lol::lol::):huh:

Boy, would I like to be a fly on the wall if some of those people went into therapy! Now, that would definately be worth televising! LMAO!

P.S. I've never really thought that Dani was particularly pretty. But, last night I thought that she looked really nice. Though the pattern on her dress made me a little dizzy, it looked really good on her. She was much classier this year too (in some ways). :)

"P.S. I've never really thought that Dani was particularly pretty. But, last night I thought that she looked really nice. Though the pattern on her dress made me a little dizzy, it looked really good on her. She was much classier this year too (in some ways). "

Danielle dressed up with her make-up and hair done is a very nice looking woman. Danielle on a normal day looks as haggard as every one else.

By the way, I'm not saying Erika was losing her marbles just because she was taking credit for everything. She truly looked like she was having some serious problems at certain points over the weekend. I kept wondering how far BB would let her go before they went in and pulled her out of there.

As far as whatever insecurities or problems I or other "bashers" may or may not have. I would never know. You know that the truly insane don't recognize their own insanity, right? As far as my motivations, it boils down to the way people treat each other in general. Being out in public is infuriating these days because people are just rude and have absolutely no consideration for other people. They act like jackasses and then get upset if anyone calls them on their crap. IMO Boogie and Erika brought it on themselves by having no respect or consideration for other people in the first place.

Not sure what you're referring to about who got played and who didn't. Seems like they both got played to me.

As far as whatever insecurities or problems I or other "bashers" may or may not have. I would never know. You know that the truly insane don't recognize their own insanity, right?

Maybe you should get that checked out then, eh and not worry so much about Erika - jk ;)

As far as my motivations, it boils down to the way people treat each other in general. Being out in public is infuriating these days because people are just rude and have absolutely no consideration for other people. They act like jackasses and then get upset if anyone calls them on their crap. IMO Boogie and Erika brought it on themselves by having no respect or consideration for other people in the first place.

I would guess you reap what you sow . . .

Archived