Great Season... Baaad ending.

rook9566

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This year's winner is compared to last years winner and im sure the majority here would agree but this years top 3 momets in BB was the crying and bringggg...bringggg....bringgggg ...silence....."Aweeee'

Highly doubt it but the loudest & most heartless will def agree

Unfortunately, I'd rate it at, or near the bottom, of the 7 seasons I've seen. With the exception of a few houseguests, there just wasn't much gameplay this year. I think it was because the hg's knew each other and had preconcieved concepts of who would or wouldn't be an ally. Having so many houseguests from last year, also, did not help. Booger and Erika being the last 2 contestants is anti-climatic, as well, imo.

The only contest that stood out to me, was the spiderweb one.

I think the real problem was that so many people went into it with a preconceived plan, or at least others thought they had a preconceived plan. There were four season 6 people there, and all of them had been part of the Sovereign 6. Even though they weren't necessarily going to work together (James didn't trust them so he seemed at first to want to be on his own), everyone assumed the season 6 "alliance" was the strongest one in the house and started targetting them. This forced them in effect to become an alliance. Chilltown was obviously there to work together. As it turns out, there really was a Mr. & Mrs. Smith too, but this stayed hidden until the end.

In any case, there were two known or perceived alliances just going into the house without anyone even getting to know each other. Everyone else then got labeled as a "floater" which eventually became a pretty well defined group that tended to work together like a pseudo alliance (though someone should have had the intelligence to solidify it and go after the other two). I really never understood what the point was of going after the floaters. Kaysar said he wanted to "shake things up" to get everyone to comit to one side or another, but even when people did take sides, it's obvious they'd still be thought of as floaters so what was the point? These groups got defined way too early in my opinion.

It was a little like last year, where Eric was so obnoxious and domineering that by week three, the house had already split into two armed camps going after each other. I remember they hadn't been there more than a few minutes when he literally said to some of the guys "let's get some alliances going" like if he was some type of expert. I think it's probably better to get to know people first. The difference was that this year you had two groups going after a weaker (though ironically larger) group, while trying to keep the other group in check.

I'd really like to see some new people in there who don't know each other and who would have to build alliances slowly as they get to know their fellow houseguests.

I kinda liked the all-star approach. There were HG's I didn't mind seeing again. I like the idea of taking something, putting a different spin on it, and seeing what happens. Some of it was predictable, but some of it was great drama. I never would have guessed that CT would get so far. I had to see it for myself and I respect Will so much more now. I knew Janelle was good at challenges, but I needed to see her win all those HoH's and PoV's in order to cement that in my mind. On the other hand, I wanted to prove myself right about Danielle. Personally, I don't think she has good strategy. I didn't think she would make it to the end, and I was right, but I needed to see it. Now, that I have, I am ready to go back to the original format.

Archived