You Be The Jury

Sheri

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes you wonder because they never had this backup plan before. They must be suspecting something to happen in that jury house. With seven people there cannot be a tie.

I voted for Erika because she lied and backstabbed in a stealthy way. She set up Danielle, got Janie to oust Will and never intended to hold up her end of the bargain to help Janie get to F2. She was instrumental in removing my entire list of the best BB players from the house while seemingly having no real alliance.

They both played the game hard, but as in BB4, I chose the lesser of two evils.

And by the way, I think this vote is a way for Julie to get a dig in at one of these two over-inflated egos after Janelle wins the AC money.

I wonder if CBS is going to rig it so one of the evictees will not be able to vote....since so many people think it is rigged somehow anyway. By the way: This goes out to all the people that think CBS rigs BB and they still watch it and write about it.

GAD, I could really go to town with how you got your knickers all in a knot when I pointed out that there was a strong possibility that BB was going to tank Janelle in final 4 (turned out to be final 3), but since everybody's so upset at who's in final 2 I'm going to just let this baiting go . . .

FYI I was also predicting they'd tank Janelle so they could make money off of her with an America's vote prize . . .

AND incidentally I haven't been watching it or writing about it since a little after Danielle left.

PS Mendez - great post!

I used to watch House Calls every day, while eating lunch. However, school has started. That means I'm probably in seventh period when House Calls is on. Unfortunately, that's French -- and I can't watch it. However, I really wanted to watch Will's interview on House Calls. So, just a few minutes ago, I logon to CBS's Big Brother 7: All-Stars website and find...

Wait. Let's pause the story and review how Big Brother works.

There is a jury of seven, composed of the last nine HouseGuests, minus the two finalists. The jury of seven are sequestered until the finale night, where they come back to the outside of the house and cast their votes for who they want to win Big Brother. Each jury member gets a vote, making seven votes total. If you divide seven by two, you get 3.5. To get 3.5, a jury member would have to split their vote, and you can't do that. That's why it's a jury of seven rather than a jury of six, because there can be no tie.

Resume story.

I logon to CBS's Big Brother website. The main content is always cycled through on the main page, usually seven images. I expected to find the story about Janelle being evicted first, maybe followed by America's Choice. I figured House Calls would be on there somewhere, so I waited till it came up.

However, I was wrong about the order. The first one was America's Choice. The second one was something that I've never seen before. It was a picture of Erika and Boogie and it said, "You, the Jury." I clicked on it, and it provides me two options -- one for Boogie, one for Erika.

Hmm, this is weird. I read the entire page now.

It says, at the bottom, that in the event that a juror is unable to preform their duties, our vote may help break the tie and decide the winner.

What the heck? Why wouldn't a juror be able to vote? Anyways, I vote, and it brings me to another page. It says that in the event of a tie, our vote will be the deciding one.

Why would there be a tie? There are seven jurors. Unless one of them is unable to vote.

So, did someone perhaps drop out of the jury? Did one of them break the rules and it's no longer fair for them to vote? I find that extremly weird... I wonder what's going on... did something happen, or is CBS just putting up a poll for fun?

Well, I didn't see that they said about using that poll in case of a problem jury voting situation, because I was like you Marty. When I pulled it up, I just couldn't make myself vote to say I wanted either one of them to win. :( The idea of 5 days of live feeds of those 2 makes me so happy I never got the live feeds (which was because I am on dial up). I will watch the finalle tho, to see all of the HG that I do enjoy, which is most every one besides the F2 :P

I won't be voting in it unless there's a "none of the above" option.

As for why a juror would be unable to fulfill his duties, is it possible that after all his weeks of defying every rule the house has, that Will pulled something else and they got fed up and told him to take a hike? Or maybe Howie killed somebody?

I think they KNOW what our attitudes toward both of the F2 are and are afraid of a big dropoff in viewers for Tuesday - especially with Sunday cancelled - and leading into Survivor, which, by capturing those viewers with "regular viewing habits" would have given the first episode of Survivor a boost.

So by implying that there MIGHT be another twist to come they get some of us to watch who might not have otherwise.

AND "cognitive dissonance", the principle that your attitudes change to make sense out of your behavior, will make you care more about one of the HG's once you've voted for her/him, even though you did so only because you REALLY disliked the other one.

So that's what I think the poll is about.

Quote LisaG: "WTF? if someone can't live up to their duties on the jury? Is this the frickin Miss America pagent? LAME"

That's what CBS gets for making the hg a bunch of primadonnas....the actual games (living in the house with total strangers--DUH- everyone knew eachother this year---talk about lame) should not be a picnic in the park. It should be difficult...like in medievel times. :)

Quote Fizzle: "what would they do if the jury refused to vote and the public refused to vote???

now that is a show"

I so wish that would happen....I would feel justice has been served to CBS.

Archived