"Why do you have to spit on the black person? Spit on the white people."

EEonBB

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Dani ever accused anybody of not liking her because she is black!

Yeah and I never claimed she did, I said someone could say that later, not that she has or will

Anyway, if James spit on me I'd douche my face then set myself on fire.

WASH!! I hate you the most! Who's going to pay to get out the red wine stains I made when I spewed it all over my monitor and floor!

ok those who are talking about EEonBB post. I ASKed why is it that when James joked with Dani about don't take it out on the white guy in a seperate incident why was there no thread. Because 4 me it was understood as a joke. But I no there are some people who spend there life trying to justify racism by something a trival as to what Dannielle said. Because 4 me it not a big deal either way whether Janelle, Howie Will or Erika had said it. I say again who cares. When You are with your friends You are bound to say things you are comfortable saying with in your circles whether its political correct or not . Lets not get self righteous here. admitt it or not a certain amount of bias is programmed in us anyway regardless of race. Is it right No! It was put perfectly in another post Things will Never Change because we still see ourself as black or white or whatever and not just as people. Same thing last year w/ Ivette and her racial remarks about Kaysar and other people. We are not perfect and we all come from different backgrounds. But as long as we continue the us and them mentality surely things will not change. To the person who said it was not about Danielle. It MOST certainly is. Had she not made the comment this thread would never had been created.

Yeah, much of America is still racist (did you hear the one about the 2 Saudis who came to this country and made a bet about who could get more Americanized in a year?) despite what we (us left-over hippies and the civil-rights movement) did in the '60s.

But Danielle's remark seems to me to show ONLY that her race is always a part of her perception of her self in any situation where there are both blacks and whites.

And if you think this is about her "attitude" in any way, try being black in this country for a week and you'll understand WHY this is an omnipresent background perception for so MANY black people in this country: you'll learn that MANY, MANY white people (even many of "the good ones") treat blacks differently from the way they treat whites, so a black person's keeping awareness of that fact close to their consciousness is not racist, it's ADAPTIVE.

its really not about danielle. the thread was started because what she said, but most everyone here took that and spun it in another direction... and it wasnt about danielle.

oh and ps... boogie is white but he thinks he is black. :lol:

I think I understand where you are coming from EEonBB. In our politically correct world it is hard to understand how one person can say something and it is seen totally differenet from something someone else said. These two people may have said the Same exact thing but it is seen two different ways.

A black(or is that African American) person made a joke and everyone was HAHA thats funny.

Yet if someone else had said that to a black person then you would have probably seen the house having to have a group session on sensitivity to others.

I believe people need to realize that everytime something is said about a person, be they black, white, orange or green, they need to make sure that they are not being overly sensitive and respond to something in the wrong way. It is not easy in our world today to do this, but it is something I feel we must all strive for if we want to make this a better place for our children.

I didn't see this but it sounds like Dani was joking and nothing was meant by it. I don't know why some people say it is wrong to joke about race. For some comedians it has become a good thing.In the South we are accused of racism sometimes just for the way we look or for how some people down here act and that's not true. Not everyone in the South is racist just like not everyone is sensitve when someone jokes about theirs or anothers race.

I don't think Dani would have been offened if someone had made the commeent to her, they were playing and having fun. It would be totally different if it was a fight and someone did that and then that response was made. They would both be wrong and need to know it.

I hope I have not Offened anyone or that my rant was Offensive in any way :D

I am older and in my time I have seen black people treated very, very badly at times. There are still many racist incidents that exist now, it's not all in the past. As a white person who understands this I don't mind at all if there is now some unequalness in joking. It doesn't even come close to making up for the racism.

I don't think Dani's comments should be taken seriously, it was all in drunken fun. We need to stop worrying about "what if the roles were reversed" and learn to stop taking things so darn seriously. I mean, dang, do you get offended at Carlos Mencia? Or Dave Chappelle? Or Lisa Lampanelli (hope I spelled that right)?

I'm black and my husband is white and we joke to each other all the time, but we don't take offense to it. If you can look outside of yourself and realize that nothing that anyone else says has any bearing on you or who you are, then you can take anything with a grain of salt. We are not going to change anyone's views if they are set on them, we just have to learn to rise above them.

Amen Sharonda99.

I have way to many other things to worry about,

Are my kids OK,

Are my kids in a good school,

the price of gas

the price of Anything

Is my blood pressure to high from watching BB :P

Can Dani really pull out a win now?

Way to much other stuff to worry about someone's race. I would rather worry about them and pray for them as a person, NOT a COLOR.

Guest jordansmom
I am older and in my time I have seen black people treated very, very badly at times. There are still many racist incidents that exist now, it's not all in the past. As a white person who understands this I don't mind at all if there is now some unequalness in joking. It doesn't even come close to making up for the racism.

Very true and very right. Just like some black ppl use the N word ( don't want to offend anyone) and white ppl are not allow to use it. It does not upset me or offend me at all. If Janey would have said it in the same content that Dani said i would still say she was joking. Some ppl get too uptight about things out of there hands. If you're a white person in America and you think theres a double standard oh well. I live in the south (Texas) are there are some towns out here that a black person better not stop in for fear of there life. And this is 2006 theres you double standard.

OH PLEASE GET OVER IT ALREADY...

DON'T START THIS RACIST CRAP ON MORTYS..

DANIELLE DID NOT MEAN TO BE RACIST OR MAKE A RACIST COMMENT...

WHY ARE YOU PEOPL SOOOOOOOOOO READY TO BE RILED UP FOR SMALL, PETTY STUFF LIKE SOMEONE MAKING SOME SILLY RACE COMMENT..

CHILL OUT!

Just like some black ppl use the N word ( don't want to offend anyone) and white ppl are not allow to use it

THAT does offend me, seriously! Does anyone remember the first amendment?

I'm DISGUSTED with "if you say that you're a racist" and "if you say THAT you're against our troops."

"Everybody's got a right, one time to say it, one time to hear it said"

--- Lenny Bruce

"I learned the Truth from Lenny Bruce (and all my wealth won't buy me health, and so I smoke a pint of tea a day.)"

---- Paul Simon

Archived