Sign in to follow this  
Jem

The Closer (Crime Drama)

Did anyone else watch this tonight? It was on TNT. I liked it.

Okay its driving me crazy and jem (and others) I need your help. I cant stand it when I watch a show, recognize and actor and cant place it. Tonights episode, the killer (the red head) what is her real name and where do I know her from . UGGH.

Yeah i liked this show. Nice to see a woman kicking butt. Kind of reminds me of crossing jordan without all of jordans issues. (I love crossing jordan, not a diss)

Watched it too, I liked the way she stood up to all the cops when they wanted to transfer and Crossing Jordan is one of my favorites, too. Does anyone know if it will be back next season????

Lauren, I thought she looked like Maggie Gyllenhaal. But its not her. I will try and search and find out for you.....

Art, this is from TNT. Airing are at the bottom.....

THE CLOSER, an original series starring Kyra Sedgwick (The Woodsman, Loverboy, Cavedweller) is a taut police drama that tells the story of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson (two-time Golden Globe nominee Sedgwick), a police detective who transfers from Atlanta to LA to head up a special unit of the LAPD that handles sensitive, high-profile murder cases. Johnson's quirky personality and hard-nosed approach often rub her colleagues the wrong way, but her reputation as one of the world's best interrogators eventually wins over even her toughest critics.

Joining Sedgwick in the series are J.K. Simmons (Spider-Man, Law & Order, Oz) as Johnson's boss, Assistant Police Chief Will Pope; Robert Gossett (Arlington Road, The Net) as Captain Taylor, head of the robbery homicide division; and Jon Tenney (You Can Count on Me, Get Real) as FBI Agent Fritz Howard.

THE CLOSER comes to TNT from The Shephard/Robin Company in association with Warner Bros. Television. James Duff (The D.A., The Agency), Greer Shephard (Nip/Tuck, The D.A.) and Michael Robin (Nip/Tuck, The D.A., NYPD Blue) serve as executive producers.

Upcoming Airings

Tuesday, June 14, 11:00PM ET

Pilot TV-14-LV

Monday, June 20, 9:00PM ET

About Face TV-14-L

Tuesday, June 21, 12:00AM ET

About Face TV-14-L

Tuesday, June 21, 11:00PM ET

About Face TV-14-L

Monday, June 27, 9:00PM ET

The Big Picture TV-14

Tuesday, June 28, 12:00AM ET

The Big Picture TV-14

Art

Not sure if you were asking if the Closer will be back since it just started or if you meant crossing jordan. If you meant CJ yes it will be back on Sunday nights at 11.

And thanks jem for looking -- I couldnt find the supporting players listed on the tnt website and it drives me nuts -- she looked so darn familiar

Lauren

Yes I meant Crossing Jordan, guess it will @1000 PM Pacific time, is her boss coming back or is Henry Winkler going to stay ????

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

The Closer

TNT's ensembled an interesting cast , Kyra Sedgwick (Kevin Bacon's wife) , J.K. Simmons (the Oz guy and Peter Parker's boss) and Jon Tenney (a go to everyman), for what is disappointingly a pretty generic procedural cop drama. Kyra's the fish out of water deputy chief put in charge of a tough L.A. murder investigation unit. She may have a sweet southern drawl but she's tough as nails and is known as someone who can close difficult cases. Right, seen it before. It doesn't even have the cool flashback inspired twists like Cold Case, or a real gritty so bad he's good guy like The Shield. The only thing truly original about this skinny blonde detective who's reassigned from Atlanta is that she's got a secret addiction to junk food. But watching her have a When Harry Met Sally moment while eating a pastry doesn't really have anything to do with crimefighting in my book. Not to mention the fact that after only one episode I'm impressed with her interrogation skills but just can't warm up to her character at all. I feel like I should at least be somewhat interested in what happens to the lead, but quite honestly I couldn't have cared less.

The case itself was kind of interesting with its sexual ambiguous murderer/victim. But I used the crime solving skills that I've amassed from too much TV over the years and figured it out pretty early on. I kept hoping there'd be some big twist, but I guess sometimes that's asking for too much.

:oops: I went to bed early. I needed the sleep. Sorry art.

:oops: I went to bed early. I needed the sleep. Sorry art.

Too much time in front of the computer lol lol :D:D:D

I watched -- and I think my favorite part is how each week the men try to undermine her and each week she makes them look foolish :D

wonder if she will be keeping the makeover for future eps. She looked much better.

i never did find out who the red head murderer was last week -- OOOH I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS

i never did find out who the red head murderer was last week -- OOOH  I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS

Sorry I don't remember :(

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Entertainment News

OPEN-AND-SHUT CASE: TNT has renewed its hit Kyra Sedgwick drama The Closer for a second season. The show's June 13 debut attracted more than 7 million viewers and ranked as basic cable's most-watched scripted series telecast ever.

According to TNT, only 3 more ep's of THE CLOSER, hopefully they will re run the season like USA does :D

last nights ep was so good. Loved when she brought up the innocent guard.

What I think I like best about this show is that it doesnt have the all wrapped up feel that most crime shows have. The endings are always a little bit troubling and sort of linger with you.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

The Closer Opens A Second Season

Brenda Johnson is back, and she's still a tough cookie. Actually, let's make that a tough carrot stick because she's officially given up sugar. The few times that I've watched this show, the thing I've found so random and interesting is Brenda's addiction to all things of the sweet variety. But her attempt to break the habit is taking its toll on her. She snaps, "I thought we agreed to have snacks with processed sugar kept out of the murder room." There's something you just don't hear every day.

So even though I'm not into the whole crime-solving genre, aside from Bones, Numbers and the occasional CSI, I can see why The Closer is so popular. It is well-written and tremendously well-acted. What a great cast! Plus, it is really a quality highlight among so many shows during the summer season that strive for the lowest common denominator (Don't get me wrong. I watch those too.) That's reason enough to try and catch it this summer, if you are into that kind of thing. I'll keep an eye on it because I'm curious about her obsession with food. Was the

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

Closer Opens to Record Ratings

Monday's Season 2 premiere of TNT's The Closer was watched by 8.2 million viewers, a 52 percent bump from the series' freshman-year average and, much more impressive, a new all-time record for a scripted telecast on ad-supported cable. That same night, TNT's Saved attracted 5.1 million samplers, making it ad-supported cable's top-rated debut of the year. (Boy, talk about ambulance chasers.)

Posted by Matt Webb Mitovich 06/14/2006 10:16 AM

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)