Live Feeds - pseudo 4 live cam concern

This using 1 or 2 cams for the 4 live feeds is really turning into a distractor, and has been continuous from almost day one.

The concern is, we are no longer given the "Live feeds" we are promised.

I just got off the phone with Real Player's call center in India, which they informed me they could not refund my money unless there are "Unresolved technical issues". They at first claimed it was not a technical issue, for I was receiving 4 live cams.

I replied that there is a technical issue. I am suppose to be receiving 4 separate live cams, but I am only receiving 4 copies of 1 live cam, or if I'm lucky, duplicate copies of 2 live cams. And that the technical issue can be resolved by showing 4 separate cameras in at least 3 separate rooms, and I would be more than happy that it is then resolved.

This was logical to them of course, and declared it to be an "Unresolved technical issue".

They refunded my money.

I bring this up, because I firmly believe they are doing the single room cam as a way to censure the information we receive by watching the live feeds. It may be a good idea for the majority of us to cancel our accounts long enough for the powers to be to get the message, and restore what they promised. Then we can all re-open our accounts.

I didn't want to give it up. But.... this pseudo 4 live cams is got to stop. All I'm doing is trying to "Start the stop" of this one cam censure. :)

While I agree with your feelings...........

Sadly, I am waaaaaaaaaaay to addicted to the feeds to cancel even for a few days to make a statement :blink:

I would jones really bad without them.

As it is, its hard enough when the season ends!

Edited to add:

However,I did file a complaint on CBS.com regarding the 4 feeds of the same and excessive FIRE.

It's so ironic that you post this on the day that I am ready to call someone (CBS or RealPLayer) and go off. I am so tried of seeing the same camera on all 4 feeds and I just cannot understand why it is so bad this year. We have had FoTH so much more this year as well and I cannot figure out what these fools in the control rooms are doing other than alienating their audience. I am going to call RealPlayer as well because if we don't take a stand this will continue for the entire season and more than likely, into the next! There are 13 people in the house and all I see right now is Diane laying in bed on all 4 feeds :angry: What are you thinking CBS?????

i think its entirely CBS's fault, not Realplayer.

CBS is in charge of controlling which cameras are shown on the feeds.

Realplayer is just the program that broadcasts these feeds. In other words, Real is the messenger.

If I were to ask for a refund, great. I get 30$ back and thats about it. But no more feeds for 3 months.

Asking for Realplayer for a refund sadly won't affect the way CBS controls things. Contacting CBS can.

To the ones who get live feeds...Are you all supposed to have 4 separate cameras, on 4 different parts of the house? And, is it everytime a houseguest curses you get fire? I have watched some clips on youtube and I have to say from what I have seen it seems very boring to me, the HG's that is...anyone else think so?

Go to http://www.cbs.com/

Scroll all the way to the bottom and click the link where it says feedback.

Send a message to them about how you want more than one camera on each feed.

After hitting submit. Click anywhere on the pop up window and hit your backspace key. This will take you straight back to your message all filled out. Click the submit button again. Repeat until your fingers get tired!

I just wrote my complaint to CBS throught the website. I mentioned that someone needs to take control of the feeds cause we shouldn't be seeing the same thing on all four cameras when there are 13 people to cover. why have four feeds in that case?! i also mentioned that they need to stop cutting to the fire when people talk about the game. there's no way they can claim "preserving the integrity of the game" cause we already know ahead of time who wins the comps. and those of us who pay for the live feeds are obviously fans so we'd watch the televised shows too - therefore they can't cite viewership number problems as a reason to cut away.

Seriously...for the last hour it's been all four feeds on Kaysar and Nakomis. It's freakin CBS....they can afford more than two cameramen!!!! If I didn't know better I'd think it was the final week and they were the final two left in the house.

Again for the second time in as many weeks I emailed cbs. below is the letter I sent. In the past 5 seasons of ordering the live feeds I have never been as disappointed as I am this year. I sent the email but do not really expect much of a reply back although I can always hope!!

I am AGAIN writing in to complain about the live 24/7 feeds with 4 cameras...ok lets break this statement down a bit. 24/7 live feeds, how about not so much we end up with flames and that mind droning music on constant loop more times in a day then I can count on all 4 cams, which brings me to my second point. Why do we have all 4 cams on the same 2 or 3 people in the house? Did the rest go home? are they out on vacation im not quite sure because we only see the same people on all 4 cams. Furthermore when the HGs talk game statergy or anything remotely interesting boom instant flames! It has been advertised on CBS numerus times order live 24/7 feeds be the first in the house to find out what goes on. Dont advertise what you cant deliever its called false advertising last time I checked!

I don't think CBS has the technical ability to show four distinct pictures with four distinct sound feeds. I've heard in the past that they only have the ability for two distinct sound feeds - that's why we never see more than a 2-story kind of split. (Of course, this doesn't explain the aggravating trend of 1-story on all 4 cameras.....arrggh.) I'm like most everyone else, though, highly addicted and the medication doesn't help at all. :P Anyone for some salsa soup?

I get so tired of people bitching about the same shit every year. If you don't like the way it is then don't buy. And they do show 4 live cams, they just show 2 different views of the room. Would you seriously want to watch a bedroom that no one is in?

I haven't noticed it going to flames when people are talking game strategy. In fact, I get bored/annoyed at times because I'm actually not INTERESTED in game talk. I like the casual conversation and banter and them just goofing around having fun. When I get a camera with game talk, I try to switch to something more interesting. (I know, I'm in the minority and I'm weird.)

I think when we get flames during game talk, its not because CBS is trying to keep us from hearing the strategy. I think its because somewhere in the house, someone is talking about that plastic surgeon who screwed up so-and-so's nose job, or about the trouble someone from a past season got into with the law, or how much CBS is paying them per day, etc. We just don't see or hear it because all 4 camera's are on Diane and Nakomis debating on who is going to go home next week.

Get real buddy. I had the feeds last year and they were fine. This year they only show one or two different scenes at once and that sucks. There are 13 people in there and we get to see 2 maybe 3 for long stretches of time and no one else. So back off.

FURIO - then why come in here and read this thread if you're so tired of it? Personally, this is my first year complaining as I have never had a problem with the live feeds before. It's incredibly annoying to try to watch the feeds through the fire, and when they do come on - it's all 4 feeds on 1 or 2 people. I think, at the very least, we deserve a true explanation as to why this is occuring so much this year! So, I'm really sorry if you don't like my bitching....but you didn't have to read this thread to begin with...

Just letting ya know what I'm sick of too!! :D;)

Archived