Jase (Evicted Week 3)

Jem

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

welee you failed now shut up

you racist son of newbies :D

but still jase comment wasnt racist

UVP Aren't you also black? Just asking... It doesn't make an difference at all... Just don't get why you don't see that as a racist remark...

UVP Aren't you also black? Just asking... It doesn't make an difference at all... Just don't get why you don't see that as a racist remark

yana stop being racist now. you had no reason to single me out as black. j/k

but i just dont see it as racist. it is lot more racist stuff in the world to make such a minor comment become headline news

Not headline news UVP... You know that I have always lurved you and enjoy your posts... I think this is one that we will just have to agree to disagree on is all...

Welee wasn't attacking UVP... They were only giving examples... :)

like said before it is ok to disagree. i am not right or wrong, same to you. we cant always agree. topic like this is why i like mortys :P

but welee is a racist thou :lol:

Oh yes, you've busted me, lol... I am a white american woman married to a british man and we have 3 kids. My mom is jewish and my dad is catholic... I am the racist. *foot stamp* I've been busted, lol. :P

Nope, just a big brother fan with a pointy edged keyboard and not afraid to use it, lol! Wolverine43, I was not attacking UPV, I was using sarcasm in my illustration. I think UPV got that. No offense was meant to anyone. :)

Okay all is it just me or does it seem like Janelle likes Jase? I watched the tape again when Kaysar won HOH and Kaysar says something about Jase may go up and she says rather quickly.."Not Jase no!"....and I noticed that whn he is around her she smiles like she has a crush on him..anyone else notice this too?? If it was me, (wishful thinking.lol) I would be crushing on Jase and Kaysar..both are handsome oh and James is too cute! :P

Wow, just noticed this discussion about whether Jase's comments were racist . . . this is kind of weird time in terms of the history of the civil rights where it's no longer socially acceptable to be a racist. Like even in the 60's wasn't it still openly okay?

As a minority I really appreciate peoples' awareness and how people have embraced the idea that commenting on a person's skin color can make people slighted. It seems to me people have become so racially aware that it's even now be possible for non-minorities to be offended by other non-minorities' remarks - kind of interesting, eh? So I can appreciate that some of you feel offended by Jase's comments.

But I also see where UVP is coming from because in terms of what minorities go through it, a comment like Jase's doesn't really feel the same as the kind Ivette made about Kaysar being a 'sand nigger' (at least for me, it'd be different). Plus, Jase is a bit of an ass - that's who he is . . . he's cocky, he struts around and talks a lot of smack, he makes jokes which are in poor taste. I mean are people really saying - gosh, I really liked Jase for being such an asshole but his 'line in the sand' comment was just so racist now I don't like him anymore, or are people just not liking him because he's still basically the same guy he was in BB5?

I mean what it's really like to be a minority is to watch and see somebody who's basically a really nice, kind-hearted person like Erika call somebody a motherfucking fresh-off-the-boat immigrant and then have to take that and judge the person on their whole basket of goods, both good and bad. Because you really can't judge somebody based on something they said once in a very stressful moment, even if that something they said was really bad . . .

Eh, I've lost my train of thought . . . he he. Basically, just agreeing with UVP - not racist imo, but I understand why others feel differently :)

Another funny thread.....let's see, I've read that Danielle didn't win in her season because she was African America and those words were never uttered by the houseguests who voted against her , but someone makes a direct comment about an Iraqi and people say there is no predjudice involved.

Where's that kettle pic that I saw posted before BB season began?

Certain subjects discussed on these boards should be labeled "What's good for the goose is good for the gander"

i'm with UVP on this i don't think the comments racist, i don't think jase really realized how stupid of a comment it was at the time but i don't think of him being racist, i don't really think of the comment as degrading to kaysar, he is iraqi and he's proud of it

I guess also everybody has a different definition of what is 'racist' . . . again since it's such a confusing time in terms of race relations, you know honestly I think sometimes we minorities have more leeway in judging what's not racist. Like if I were white and tried to argue that I didn't think Jase's comments were racist, then I'd probably be accused of being a racist myself. But since I'm a minority, the worst anybody could accuse me of is probably being a hypocrite. So that too might account for a bit of the discrepancy, eh? (Since people probably agree that it's way worse to be considered a racist then a hypocrite (?) ) Now that I think about it, if I were ever in danger of being labelled a 'racist' then I'd probably be quick to err on the more conservative side, so yeah I really do understand why you all might have a different opinion on Jase's comment.

Also, if Kaysar ever heard about that comment and it turned out he was offended, then I would probably be more inclined to see it as 'racist' (I think (?) ). I don't know . . . plus then you also have to wonder how much time is supposed to elapse until it's no longer fair to keep associating that label with a person (like Erika). I usually just try to avoid labels and stick with the 'basket 'o goods' way of judging people - I don't know . . . what about everybody else? :huh:

Guest StarBaby

I can't seem to find the exact comment that Jase made. Can anyone spell it out for me? I know it had something to do with drawing a line in the sand. I assume there must be more to it than that, because I have heard that expression before, and it has never had anything to do with being racist. It's just an expression. So, was there more to it?

Guest StarBaby

Thanks Midnight. I looked for quite a while earlier and couldn't find it. If he just hadn't thrown in the "leave it to the Iraqi" part, it would have been fine. But it was kinda racist, IMO. Jase should try thinking before running his pie hole. But, I have heard others making comments I don't like as well, so he is no worse than most of the rest of them.

I am hearing a lot about Jase being a racist. I clicked on a link to YouTube earlier tonight and it was of Jase, Will, Boogie, and I think someone else sitting in the hot tub. Well, Jase was making some reference to during Kayser's nominations that he wanted to ask Boogie for his Chill Town shirt and I could not hear what else was said, but it ended with Jase saying," Leave it to an Iraqi to draw lines in the sand." Will did not like the joke and told Jase he wasn't even going there with that topic. Jase looked pleased with himself and, of course, Boogie aka Ellen was laughing like a friggin hyena. What was it that I missed? When did Jase become racist?

that is the link the site

not to be rude but we've already been over this topic, you can find it here

(merged thread)

when someone else made a thread about the same thing they deleted it, this is just to let you know... maybe you can reply and bump it up to the top again...

ok, can I just say, officially, that UVLimits, or whatever his name, is annoying the heck out of me? I think he/she just posts to antagonize people.

Archived