Who would you like to see on BB7?

Brekkie Boy

CBS orders 'Big Brother 7' for Summer 2006

By Steve Rogers

Although the decision comes as little surprise, CBS has announced that it has formally renewed Big Brother for a seventh season.

While CBS had signed a deal to extend the long-running summer reality series for up to three more seasons back in Fall 2003, this marks the show's quickest next season pickup. "This is the earliest we've gotten a renewal," Big Brother executive producer Arnold Shapiro told Daily Variety.

Shapiro and fellow executive producer Allison Grodner will both return for next summer's Big Brother 7, as will Julie Chen, who despite frequent viewer criticism, has hosted the series since its initial Summer 2000 edition (if Chen didn't get booted off the show before she had an affair with and later married 56-year-old CBS President Les Moonves, she certainly isn't going anywhere now.)

According to Grodner, the earlier pickup decision will give the production team a leg up on planning next season's twists and surprises. "This gives us a lot more time to plan for and work on Big Brother 7," Grodner told Variety. "Once you use an idea, you can't use it again," Shapiro added.

The Hollywood paper also asked the producers about the long-running rumors that Big Brother might follow in Survivor's footsteps and do an All-Star edition of its own, but the duo wouldn't comment on the possibility, noting only that continual change has been key to the show's longevity. "There are still things we can do to surprise the audience," teased Grodner.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By Steve Rogers

"There are still things we can do to surprise the audience,"

w00t!

That made my day!

I was beyond shocked and surprised when we had that PB&J pass! It floored me..no it really did.

If it takes these cooks one year to make up a 'sleepover party' pass...my adrenaline rush will kill me...

By Steve Rogers

<snip>

Julie Chen, who despite frequent viewer criticism, has hosted the series since its initial Summer 2000 edition (if Chen didn't get booted off the show before she had an affair with and later married 56-year-old CBS President Les Moonves, she certainly isn't going anywhere now.)

<snip>.

:o I didn't know that Julie Chen had an affair with Les Moonves :o I didn't know he was married when they were dating. Very interesting <_<

• 4 weeks later...

I was just browsing around on CBS.com and saw this.....

WHAT IF...

A new CBS reality show is turning back the clock. Find out more.

Ever wonder what happened to that old flame? First love? War buddy? Your biological parents? A mentor? A crush from the office?

A new CBS reality show is turning back the clock, and allowing you to see what WOULD HAVE happened had you stayed with or in touch with this special person in your life. How would things be different? Will it match your imagination?

Please send your story to yourstory@aspla.tv

or visit: www.agproductions.net

OK SO NOW! check out that website they gave......

The "AG" in AGproductions happens to stand for Alison Grodner.....

Ring any bells? She happens to be executive producer ON BIG BROTHER :o

Could this be the theme for Big brother 7. I know the All-stars talk has got alot of people excited but picture this....ALL stars and their missing person from their lives...or not>?.....ok well this twist seems alittle to much like "ex-factor" but it would give ol` Julie Chen alot of little facts to spit out on eviction nights.

...hmm and dosnt the website seem like it is just a cover, to not let them know they are signing on to big brother? Looks pretty low quality for a CBS site... like the cheesy "what if..." trees in background logo.

Theres also possible hints...."past shows"

it includes BB ofcoarse. and an application....Here we go Julies ganna be talking about WHAT IFs..... next summer!

Its funny how everyone is still hogging threads talking about Kaysar and the gang when its stuff like this which should actually be discussed.

Great article, and I like how you're trying to put two and two together.

It sounds almost too good to be true. Although im never adverse to All-Stars of any sort, its stuff like this I watch BB for: new faces, new takes, new stories and most of all, new secrets. Its not really new ground they're covering (ex-factor, Nakomis and Cowboy), but a whole show themed around 'What if' sounds pretty frikken cool.

What if you go on BB and find out you're competeing against the girl you had the biggest crush on in High School? I mean, that totaly throws people into a tailspin and at least for the first half of the season influences alot of descions. Its a great idea, but I wonder if it will have a follow through...

eee gads I hope not!!! just get back to strangers.

I'm with you Nebartist! Let's get back to basics. All these gimmicks just through everything off IMHO. Stick to strangers just trying to screw each other out of the money! Just call me a BB purist. B)

Agreed. Strangers are the best, and I hope they choose to do that....did any of you check out the application on the AGproduction website? I think they are trying to gather the "stangers" with that one.

well I hope so, at least

Well, I would be happy to see either all strangers OR BB allstars! I just don't want to see another lame twist - twins, long lost cowpoke brothers, exes, etc, etc!

lol.

Any BB is good BB.

Ill just be glad its back, frankly...and ill be running here everynight fighting for my new hero/heroine...;)

eee gads I hope not!!! just get back to strangers.

hahahahahaha neb your picture is scaring me cause YOUR NOT CHRISTIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

Or the mother who put you up for adoption...

Or the father who left you as a kid...

Or the best friend who moved away...

Or that bully from high school whos live you vowed to ruin...

those spins would be awesome...

I've seen some of these done really tastefully on other shows like 3 Wishes with Amy Grant, or even Dr. Phil and it was great - either there was a happy ending or people at least left with closure. But was anybody else kind of sad to hear that Nakomis and Cowboy haven't spoken since the show? It kind of scares me to have such important stuff in the hands of Shapiro/Grodner or whoever else . . . Les Moonves and Julie Chen. Kind of makes 14 strangers sound pretty good!

I've seen some of these done really tastefully on other shows like 3 Wishes with Amy Grant, or even Dr. Phil and it was great - either there was a happy ending or people at least left with closure. But was anybody else kind of sad to hear that Nakomis and Cowboy haven't spoken since the show? It kind of scares me to have such important stuff in the hands of Shapiro/Grodner or whoever else . . . Les Moonves and Julie Chen. Kind of makes 14 strangers sound pretty good!

Umm...Im not against them being 14 strangers...at all.

I also happen to feel that BB can pull it off more tastefully if the writers and producers actually think of them as people and not as tickets to money.

Also, the twin twist and the cowboy-nakomis twist were too shallow and not played out well. But if there is a house full of such twists it'll make it far more watchable.

Cowboy and Nakomis arent talking? That issad...but they had nothing in common anyway...

As I said earlier I'd like to see it get back to basics with strangers. In addition, I'd like to see ordinary people - not ones culled from Hollywood agents - like it was when teh series first started. Enough is enough of the wannabees! B)

At first, I wouldn't mind the idea of having a twist like this.

However, their twists just keep either backfiring, or falling FLAT on their faces.

Twin thing? that lasted a whole day before they picked two of them off.

Summer of secrets? Hmm..where were the secrets again? OHHH you mean the one they all discovered on their own?

Just put some strangers together for the love of god, then do twists that some of these smart BB fans have come up with.. we had SO many good ideas for the subway room and whats its number meant, having the jury behind the walls, etc.

Bring back some hardcore food comps..do it up right bb :)

I think the bb produers are just lazy, they really need to think or search some message boards.

How about somthing similar to the twist last year, where everyone knew eachother.....each person will have some bizarr connection with another person, or persons and will not realize it immidiatly, and for sure not the first week. There will be unlimited possibilities for the connections to each of the house guest. It could keep julie filling us in on somthing new every week.

Or somthing they could do....each week have a radom twist picked by the viewers, leaving house guest, or knowing big brother and its cheezyness,pull it out of a hat.... There would be a whole list of things like: a second veto comp. or we pick who gets veto....random double eviction weeks....a type of immunity from eviction(pre nominations)..i donno the possibilities are endless..... They CAN do somthing good...!

• 2 weeks later...

I just read this from someone who works for CBS or something

I received a press package this morning.

It appears the Green light has been given for BB All Stars. Originally, it was to air in Feb(or was planned), but that is now unlikely. Now, to when it will air, I have no idea. There is no indication of an air date or cast, and the fact they are still accepting application for BB for next Summer confuses me.

donno if it is true or not

An All Stars Edition would be interesting. It would also be nice to have 'double' the BB if they run a regualr and All Star in the same year. I quess we'll have to keep our eyes and ears open on this. Thanks for the info!

Archived