BBUK: Latest Updates!

I'm cheating here a bit and just copying from my blog on behindbigbrother.com -

One word sums up the first weekend in the house - Shahbaz!

Several words sum up Shahbaz - but for reasons of taste and decency I won't write them here!

Shahbaz is simply the most annoying housemate ever. His constant act became tired very quickly - with both housemates and viewers alike. At first people past it off as him being overexcited on launch night and he got away with it - but soon it became clear this was Shahbaz - 24/7!

It started really the moment he moved in and began quite innocently with Shahbaz being overly friendly and tactile, wanting to be the centre of attention.

Things began getting disturbing when an uncomfortable Glyn - still a schoolboy - told Shahbaz he was uncomfortable with him touching him only to be accussed of homophobia - with Glyn trying to make it as clear as possible that he had nothing against gays but was uncomfortable with being touched.

He did fail to break through to him though and a policy of avoidance - widely adapted by other HMs too - was adopted. The other HMs all sided with Glyn and Lea and Dawn were quick to point out that if Glyn was an 18 year old girl, a 37 year old man acting in the way Shahbaz was would be deemed entirely unacceptable.

Throughout the first few days in the house Shahbaz has failed to engage in conversation with anyone - instead generally acting up and at one point grabbing Grace quite violently. When confronted, he claims the group can't take a bit of acting and goes on to say "We're all here to play a part - now play your part well!" - which says it all. When Lea confronts him away from the group, he just acts like a child and pulls faces.

Annoying isn't strong enough a word - but his behaviour has led to the group resorting at times to locking him out of the house, gagging him and ultimately sending him to Coventry!

So Shahbaz, being the mature rational human being that he isn't, decides to take the groups food supplies and hide it in the garden.

The next morning when the HMs discover most of their supplies are missing, Big Brother is first to get the blame. However, when Big Brother protests his innocence and suggests they talk to the housemate about it, the group goes looking for food and finds it in amongst the rubbish outside - with Shahbaz looking on with a creepy grin.

When asked about it he admits to doing it as everyone pissed him off - and justifys the action by saying "Don't bite the hand that feeds you". Sezer is quick to point out it's not his house - with Lea noting that it's them that feed him - Shahbaz has been unemployed and on benefits all his adult life!

Later in the day Shahbaz claims he came in the house to die - not that the housemates seem to care - and is left isolated from most of the group, though Pete does lend him a sympathetic ear when he needs it.

With the producers being quite concerned about Shahbaz's state of mind - and Shahbaz himself threatening to walk out several times - earlier tonight his departure was finally announced as he left the house via the diary room.

Officially Shahbaz quit, with his inability to integrate into the group being the reason given - but certainly watching spin-off programme Big Mouth I'm not so sure it was completly his decision!

Anyhow, good riddance to bad rubbish! He's provided the crucial early interest but it's nice to have Big Brother back - the Shahbaz show got very boring, very quickly!

There are several other things of interest happening in the house - and now the housemates haven't got Shahbaz to unite against, they can turn their attentions to each other.

Firstly, let's talk about Nikki. She is hilarious - her outbursts about not having bottled water or make up remover put Nikki firmly in the category of nice-but-dum - while lines like "I knew you were from up North - but you don't sound weird!" show her innocence.

She also provided one of the best diary room entries ever when explaining all the budding romances developing in the house. Basically, Sezer likes Imogen - as does Mikey, but Imogen seems to like Mikey more. However, Sezer and Mikey also like Grace, so it seems whoever doesn't get Imogen will get Grace. Grace though developed a sudden interest in George after learning he owned a flat in a post part of London - while George likes them all but isn't really getting any feelings reciprocated

In addition to this, a close relationship is forming between Pete and Lisa, with Nikki also admitting to liking Pete - but not in that way. Without trying to sound patronising, she's basically upset that he has tourettes and doesn't think he deserves what he's had to put up with due to it!

Elsewhere in the house the major issue has been Dawn - she smells! With only half the housemates so far getting their suitcases, Dawn is borrowing other peoples clothes and toiletries - and leaving a stink in her path. Having had her first shower four days into the series, the towel stunk so much the other HMs had to take it out of the house - while any belonging she touch seem to get a nasty odour.

It's bothering some HMs more than others - though they are afraid to approach her. They did agree Nikki would be best - but when learning her "sensitive" approach would be to go in the room and go "Euurrrghhh! Has someone got B.O.", it didn't seem such a good idea.

And as for Big Brother himself - he's had a low-key start actually. The launch twist has been the Big Brotherhood. A few hours after entering the house the HMs were asked to select two people to go to the diary room, choosing Lisa and Shahbaz.

Upon entering the room they learned they were the founding members of the Big Brotherhood. Being part of the Brotherhood means that they, and only they, get their suitcases - and they also win immunity from the first eviction. As leaders, they are also responsible for choosing members of the Brotherhood at BB's discretion.

All this was broadcast to the other HMs - but they kept quiet about it. The next day Lisa and Shahbaz got to choose another member - and after saying Sezer and Bonnie would be their last choices (and this being broadcast to the house on the plasma screens), they opted for Pete - leaving Bonnie upset that she'd been singled out already!

On Saturday Lisa and Shahbaz got to choose a new member each, opting for Grace and Richard, and the Brotherhood got their own private party while the other members were locked in the bedroom. At midnight, the Brotherhood got to choose a sixth member, opting unanimously for Lea.

The seventh member was selected on Sunday, with the Brotherhood having to allocate presents to the other HMs, one of which contained a Big Brotherhood Beret. It was Sezer who won the place in the Brotherhood - and therefore his suitcase and immunity.

However, with Shahbaz's departure the future of the Brotherhood seems to be undecided. Last night the remaining HMs had to perform for the Brotherhood in a "last chance" to win a place in the Brotherhood - but their performance wasn't aired in the daily show and the latest member wasn't announced today as expected.

With Shahbaz departing tonight though it was mentioned that a new Big Brotherhood leader would be appointed along with Lisa - though there is no news about whether this weeks eviction will take place.

And that's the first few days in a nutshell - and thank god the next 87 days won't include Shahbaz!

I would love to have a bit more discussion here about BBUK, especially as more of you seem to be downloading it this year. It's always interesting getting opinions from outside the UK - and I'm particularly interested in your views considering the formats are so different!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First and for most Big Brother Uk is better then the USA verison. This is my first UK season.

I liked Shabaz at first but then he started to get weird. He became imature and rude. Also he would not listin to anybody. I wish he stayed for 3 more days though.

Here are my favorite people

1. Nikki

2. Lea

3. Pete

4. Sezar

5. Grace

7. Richard

8. Lisa

Another housemate has left the building - Dawn has been thrown out by Big Brother!

BB cracked the secret code that Dawn had estabhlished with family members that would indicate whether she was getting bad press by a message "your sister is unwell".

Upon discovering the code, BB immediately threw her out for breaking one of the fundamental rules of the show - no contact with the outside world.

Brekkie since 2 have left in the first week do you think they will still have the eviction or maybe replace with someone else ?

The eviction goes ahead as planned.

The usual protocol is to replace the housemates, usually within a few days of them leaving.

However, it's still unclear what will happen. The big twist this year is the Golden Ticket competition - which the HMs don't know about due to being in lockdown. Golden Tickets have been hidden in chocolate bars, with those who find them able to compete for a place in the house. They are due to go in on June 9th.

If they send in a replacement or two now, they risk the secret about the Golden Ticket twist being revealed to the original housemates. I expect them to wait a bit and send in more than one Golden Ticket winner on June 9th - and then perhaps send in further replacements later in the series.

P.S. Forgot to round up the Brotherhood twist. Mikey replaced Shahbaz as leader and elected George to join. Nikki and Imogen were the final two members then invited to join the Brotherhood, with Bonnie, Dawn and Glyn told they face possible eviction this week - and won't get their suitcases for their entire stay.

Dawn has since quit, but the nomination of Bonnie and Glyn stands and one of them will be evicted on Friday.

However, though they won't receive their suitcases - they will get some items from in their suitcases. Both were given three minutes to tell BB what was in their suitcases - and anything they remembered, they got!

Haven't heard that but i know they are having a contest who find golden tickets in kit kat bars and Brekkie thinks they might choose 2 winners to replace shabbaz and dawn but for now we still don't know

Big Brother will "address" the issue of the two early departures in a live special on Monday.

As for the ex-HM rumour - I've only seen it on one site, and it isn't the sort of thing BBUK would do. However, spin-off fanzine show Little Brother, which has been running since BB2, had never had ex-HMs guest on the show before - until this series. BB5 and BB6 winners Anthony and Nadia were on earlier in the week, and tonight they had Anouska, the first evictee from BB4.

Talking of first evictees, it was Bonnie who became the first evictee of BB7.

I'd love to know what you all think of the first week of BB7, especially since many of you seem to be downloading it.

It's been the most eventful first week ever really, and it's given Big Brother 7 the highest ratings of any first week of Big Brother.

Monday's live special featured the end of this week's Meal or No Meal Weekly Task as the housemates were given the chance to win some fantastic bonus prizes.

Selecting Pete to answer questions in the diary room, with Glyn revealing the prizes in the garden, host Big Brother asked questions previously answered incorrectly in earlier rounds.

Pete successfully identified George as the owner of two Jack Russells, winning bonus prize 1 - the HMs toilet roll supply and miscellaneous items.

The next question saw Pete remember that in his childhood photo, Sezer was celebrating having his "knob snipped off!".

Glyn opened prize two and found Aisleyne - a gorgeous blonde from London!

Failing to answer who the ninth HM to enter the house was, the HMs failed to get their hands on a speedboat - but Pete answered question four correctly in remembering Sezer wanted to be reincarnated as a pair of French Knickers, winning bonus prize 4 - Sam, from Scotland!

So it's two new girls in the house - or so the housemates think! Sam is actually Samuel, but prefer to live as a woman!

Another housemate has left the building as posh George - who went to school with Prince Harry - quit earlier this afternoon.

The reasons he's given for going is he doesn't want the fame being on Big Brother would give him - and going now will let him fade back into obscurity.

However, I suspect there is more to it than that as George has been "the other man" in a love triangle also involving Grace and Mikey - and he's found it difficult without a play mate in a house where most of the youngster have paired off.

I'd love to know what you all think of the first week of BB7, especially since many of you seem to be downloading it.

It's been the most eventful first week ever really, and it's given Big Brother 7 the highest ratings of any first week of Big Brother.

Brekkie, I wanted to say something since appears that others have not. I truelly enjoy reading your updates and downloading everything. UK seems much more "busy" than the US verson. I love the drama and the way the people interact. Thank you very much for the great job that you are doing!

Brekkie, I wanted to say something since appears that others have not. I truelly enjoy reading your updates and downloading everything. UK seems much more "busy" than the US verson. I love the drama and the way the people interact. Thank you very much for the great job that you are doing!

Thanks - that is appreciated!

Who nominated who:

Glyn: Grace, Richard

Grace: Lea, Richard

Imogen: DQ

Lea: Sezer, Lisa

Lisa: Lea, Richard

Mikey: Richard, Lisa

Nikki: Lea, Grace

Pete: Imogen, Sezer

Richard: Imogen, Sezer

Sezer: DQ

Imogen and Sezer were disqualified for discussing nominations - which is against the rules of the show (as in most versions).

Glyn, Mikey, Nikki and Pete got no nominations.

Imogen, Grace and Lisa got two nominations each.

Lea and Sezer got three nominations, and Richard got four.

Imogen and Sezer were disqualified for discussing nominations - which is against the rules of the show (as in most versions).

Just a question here... what happens to them when they are DQ?

Just a question here... what happens to them when they are DQ?

Usually they are not allowed to vote, as in this case, so they have no say in the nomination process. This week it has cost them as Sezer and Imogen's votes would have almost certainly been for Lea and Richard, meaning only they would face the vote. As they had less votes though, Sezer also had enough votes to face the public vote.

There are a number of things they can do - but not letting them nominate is the most common. Last year one week they put all the HMs up for eviction for one persons mistake, and also screened a discussion to the other HMs on the lounge screen.

Usually they are not allowed to vote, as in this case, so they have no say in the nomination process. This week it has cost them as Sezer and Imogen's votes would have almost certainly been for Lea and Richard, meaning only they would face the vote. As they had less votes though, Sezer also had enough votes to face the public vote.

So they are not allowed to vote but they are still endanger of the public vote? The things are done so much different in other countries compared to here. Thanks!

So they are not allowed to vote but they are still endanger of the public vote? The things are done so much different in other countries compared to here. Thanks!

Webbles, the way this works is more like Big Brother 1 in the US where each houseguest votes for 2 houseguests to go up for eviction. The two with the most votes go up for eviction, but since there was a tie, 3 went up (this happened multiple times during Big Brother 1, and once Josh, Jamie, Curtis, George, Cassandra, and Eddie were all up at once in a 6-way tie. Its sad I remember this, I need a life!). What is different about the UK version than any version of BB ever in the United States is that no houseguests are allowed to discuss nominations. Since Imogen and Sezer discussed it, they were banned from voting and Sezer happened to get put up. Its his own fault for breaking the rule, in the BBUK philosophy! I hope that helps your understanding of the way this works!

The second person to be evicted from the Big Brother house is...

Sezer!

The look on his face - and the shock of Lea - is classic, though I stand by my earlier comments that he'll be missed by the show though.

He's set a new record too - 91.6% of the votes were to evict Sezer. Lea and Richard got just 8.4% of the votes between them!

Personally I wanted Sezer to stay as he was a real character in the house and completly being himself - losing him this early is a major loss to the show, whatever you think of him.

However, he's been hot favourite to go all week.

Midweek the first major argument of the series occured when Richard, Lea and a few other hid alcohol they received while Sezer, Imogen and Grace were amongst those in bed. Hearing what was going on, Grace sent Sezer to investigate and though they denied it, upon reporting it to the others he said he could see them moving it in the mirrors.

Upon returning, Sezer confronted Richard about it, with Richard then somehow turning the conversation into how they slag people off. Mikey quickly stepped in and repeated comments Richard had made about Imogen being "a false bitch", backed up by Glyn.

Imogen confronted Richard about this and Richard said he was being honest and thought she was fake and "a bit dull". Sezer initially remained quiet as Imogen stood her ground, revealing in the process she hadn't nominated Richard - or anyone - this week.

When Imogen left Sezer confronted Richard about his attitude towards Imogen and how it was wrong to say those things to an "innocent girl", even if you thought them. He raised his voice and became quite aggressive in stature (but not in a physical way) and BB immediately called him to the diary room to calm down.

Although IMO Sezer didn't come out of this as bad as I thought he was - and it was Richard in the wrong - the public didn't agree and decided to vote him out because they don't like him rather than vote out a lesser character in Richard (who really wouldn't be missed!).

Personally Richard annoys me more and more and more. In tonights show we saw how he tried to pin the blame on Glyn for last night's events, and secondly, his whole "I'll look after Imogen" attitude towards Sezer in both the highlights and live at the end of the show. Somehow I don't think Imogen will want Richard looking after her!

Anyhow, I'm off to buy a few Kit Kats, find a Golden Ticket and spend a week building up my anger towards Richard!

I can't stand Richard. Initially, I thought his antics were funny but now I just realize he's a jackass. I want Lisa to win, so I guess Sezer being gone is good for her in the house (maybe, although she voted for Richard and Lea). I think she'll stick with Pete and Nikki will stick with them too when it comes down to it... I do like Grace and Imogen though, although I think I'll grow to dislike them if they continue to be the way they are. I love Nikki no matter how much she whines and complains! Next week I'd like to see Sam and Richard up for eviction, with Richard leaving. It wouldn't kill me to see Aisleyne or Glyn up there too- I like them but they're boring. I can't help but not want Sam or Aisleyne to win: they didn't start the game so they shouldn't be there in the end. Not their fault, but still!

Archived