Mortys & BB 7 Coverage

Morty,

What can we do to help the system stay up and running during this Big Brother season? I know in the past we have over loaded the site during peak times. Anything we can do to help, I'm sure us Big Brother will do, just let us know. Thanks.

Morty posted this on his home page.....

About Our Coverage:

Hi BB Fans,

After five years of covering Big Brother (it takes about 18 hours a day) I decided to take a summer off.

In my place, Jem will be coordinating team coverage and acting as editor. We hope you'll be part of the team.

Your input, in the form of text and screen caps, can be sent to jem@mortystv.com and will be appreciated.

In addition to her duties as editor, Jem is a wife and mother and will therefore only post updates twice a day. Can't wait for the next update? Visit our message board where other fans are posting their descriptions of the live feeds.

One thing we don't have covered yet, is someone to make clips of the broadcasts. If this is something you can do, please contact jem@mortystv.com and we'll give you the details.

During live competitions, the traffic to this site exceeds our capacity. For these rare occasions we'll supply a pop-up window that will keep you informed of the game's progress.

This year our up-date pop-up uses Java Script, and our chat room uses Java. Your browser needs to be "Java Enabled" Your browser seems to be all ready for Big Brother.

I hope you enjoy the sixth season of Big Brother, I'll be watching with you.

-Morty-

Morty,

What can we do to help the system stay up and running during this Big Brother season? I know in the past we have over loaded the site during peak times. Anything we can do to help, I'm sure us Big Brother will do, just let us know. Thanks.

I think you'll find Morty has a few things he's looking into and will post soon.

I can't believe I'm gonna post this .....

You know that Poll for the best BB SITE they've had the past few years ? (the one we were all soooo proud of and passed the word around for everyone to vote for MORTY's ? ... you know ... the one where we SWAMP the other BB sites) Maybe if we kept our mouths shut THIS BB we wouldn't have the glut of 'looky Lou's' that tie up the boards.

The 'word' will get around anyway... but, maybe it'll be a little less jammed. ;)

Morty,

If Morty saw this he'd probably smack me. But this may also help to get us going this season ;) and SHHHHH :)

HOW YOU CAN HELP!

I can't believe I'm gonna post this .....

You know that Poll for the best BB SITE they've had the past few years ? (the one we were all soooo proud of and passed the word around for everyone to vote for MORTY's ? ... you know ... the one where we SWAMP the other BB sites) Maybe if we kept our mouths shut THIS BB we wouldn't have the glut of 'looky Lou's' that tie up the boards.

The 'word' will get around anyway... but, maybe it'll be a little less jammed. ;)

SSSSSSSSSSSShhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... that's funny!

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure this has been addressed, and I apologize because I can't find the answer, but how is Morty's running this season? (ie: will it be Morty or us doing it again? or some fancy combo of both?)

I really enjoy having it either way, but curiousity got the cat ;)

thanks for the responses in advance!

Hey April

It's going to be a combo this year. The posters, Morty, Angelo Joe and I are doing it. Providing we have such a wonderful team coverage again. :)

He's has some upgrades he is working on so he's not posted yet. But he will when he has a second. :unsure:

Thank god you'll be back!

As an international fan this is my number one (and frankly, only) BBUSA fansite - the episode recaps and clips really let me enjoy it (and I prefer just to see the key clips than download whole episodes - mainly as I hate the way BBUSA and most other US reality shows are edited together!)

Be nice though if you had a bit of a tidy up!

Guest Shockalot

Brekkie is the man.

Its a crying shame we are without Ranster but the good news is that Shockalot will still be here to assist in the following:

- Actually covering Kaysar and Janelles worst moments even though nobody wants to hear it.

- Analysing the events and then explaining them to you.

- Correcting idiotic analysis

- Offering 'advice' for people who insist on posting idiotic opinions.

As always, I will be right 97.5% of the time so you can still count on that.

Seriously though, I will volunteer again for the 11pm-2am timeslots (Mtn time aka 10pm-1am BBtime)

I still cant type fast enough to do 'dictation' style updates so hopefully someone is able to contribute that along side my style?

I can never say THANK YOU enough to all that did the updates, pics and putting together. The job every one did was FANTASTIC!!!!

THANK YOU Morty for the new board and chat, they are AWESOME!!!

I will continue to do the articles and spoilers for the other shows during the summer so that part of the board will stay updated.

Thanks in advance for all you updaters and pic ppl do.

Don't forget to stop into chat and update me on BB sometime....during BB if I am on site I will be in chat. LOL (That's my summer home ya know)

Hey April

It's going to be a combo this year. The posters, Morty, Angelo Joe and I are doing it. Providing we have such a wonderful team coverage again. :)

He's has some upgrades he is working on so he's not posted yet. But he will when he has a second. :unsure:

There really is a Morty? :unsure:

keep up the good work . even thou i dont have livefeed the update by the members kept in touch with all the happenings in the house

LOL Yes there really is... He's a wonderful person too... Really nice... :)

I'm from Missouri (not really, but I like this saying) so I have to be shown the man behind the scenes.

Nah, I believe you and he must be wonderful/nice to put up with this all (especially BB season) :)

Edit: After reading the post after me reagarding Morty's health - oh my, hope he is feeling better - would love to see his posts this upcoming season.

If being happy that Morty might once again grace us with his wit and insights is a crime, I'm guilty. Unfortunately, that might look like a slam to all of those who contributed their time last season, it wasn't. I think the four pages of thank-yous posted in the BB Live Updates forum expressed appreciation for all

of the time and effort put forth by last summers contibutor's. Lest anyone forget about those, here's the link.

http://tvfanforums.net/index.php?showtopic=8722

In addition, the possibility that Morty might be participating in this year's BB coverage tells me he might have more free time now and also that his health is on the upswing. Can't see a thing negative about that!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, ok, no jokes about the phrase "old members" :)

I don't know if this will help at all or not, but as I was updating some stuff in my control panel tonight, I realized that my inbox and sent messages box had a bunch of old messages from last season in them. I was actually at 78% capacity. So I deleted it all and got to wondering how many other folks have left over stuff just sitting there taking up space.

So, maybe click on "my controls" up on the right of your screen and just make sure that any unecessary old messages are deleted. Will free up some space on Morty's for all the new messages that are sure to come with the new season. :)

Dep

Archived