Cliff Hogg III discussion thread

morty

8bc9dc1f896e4cfd_cliffhogg.jpgCliff Hogg III

Hometown: Houston
Current city: Houston

Three adjectives that describe you: Funny, stubborn, and caring.

Favorite activities: Watersports (fishing, jet skiing, swimming, scuba), gardening (I grow satsumas, muscadine grapes, avocados, and will also be growing Loofahs this year), and politics (I love to discuss and debate political topics and concepts in the right environment).

What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the Big Brother house?
The lack of communication with the outside world. Sitting in that house and not knowing what is going on with family, the country, my sports teams, etc. will be frustrating. The lack of privacy will be tough at first, but I think I'll get used to that rather quickly.

Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most?
I like the logical, strategic play from people such as Derrick, Vanessa, or Dan. But Vanessa whined too much when she thought the chips were against her. My favorite of all time has to be Derrick.

Do you have a strategy for winning the game?
Present myself as the loyal soldier to one or more strong players while creating enough chaos or paranoia to have people pointing fingers and targeting each other. People WILL assume that I am a loyal kind of guy because that is how I live my life in the real world. I will use that to my advantage and betray as necessary in the end game to get me to the finale!

My life's motto is...
Two mottos: "Never let others tell you what you can or can't do" and "Never be afraid to stand up for what you believe in!"

What would you take into the house and why?
- My cowboy hat and boots. They represent so much about where I am from and who I am.
- Plenty of Aggie clothing. People from Texas are proud.... but Aggies take it up another notch and I love to brag!
- My wedding ring and Aggie ring, the two items that symbolize some of my most proud involvements.

Fun facts about yourself:
- I swam with alligators.
- I can say the alphabet backward.
- I once won an award for rowing.
- I'm definitely the jokester in my family.
- Learned to drive a car at the age of seven!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I also like Cliff, maybe because he is old like me, and I would like to see him go far.  I doubt he will win the game but I hope he lasts a long time.  He seems like a caring person.

I feel that he needs to start playing this game.  Bella told him that she can get him to the jury but he has to be used as a pawn several times. I think all the other players want to use him in the same way.  He's older and smarter than all of the other players.  If he can't out smart these kids, he deserved to be used as a pawn.

Well, he blew it with his morning live feed chats. Christie listened to him at the door this morning (Tuesday 9 July). She heard a lot. Shame too as it seems, from what i read, he may have bunch of the aligned people almost right (maybe not that the couples are really one big group). 

He seems like a nice person, but he needs to tone it down.  Stop talking so much and listen more.  One thing about people who end up winning the game is they choose their words carefully, they know their audience and they listen more than they talk.

What was the name of the cop that won a few years ago?  Derrick maybe?  Anyway, he was always listening to everyone.  That did two powerful things.  First, it made everyone feel understood and valued by him. Second, it gave him cover because people didn’t know what he was thinking.

Stop talking so much Cliff.

It would be ingenious if he was talking crap to fool people who were secretly listening, but he hasn't a clue and he's screwing up other people's games. Why is he doing this? People who could actually hear his little morning chats already know more about everyone's game then he does from the feeds. I used to like him, now I could care less.

20 hours ago, WOC said:

It would be ingenious if he was talking crap to fool people who were secretly listening, but he hasn't a clue and he's screwing up other people's games. Why is he doing this? People who could actually hear his little morning chats already know more about everyone's game then he does from the feeds. I used to like him, now I could care less.

I really like Cliff but just don't understand why he is doing his "Cliff Notes" loud enough to be heard through a closed door.  Does production have a hand in this?  Maybe Bella (with her big mouth-telling secrets) will let something slip to Cliff about the house knowing what he says.  I would also like for him to be passing along false info but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Apparently Christie told Kemi, who told Nicole, who then told Cliff that he has been overheard. Now's his chance to use disinformation, if he's smart. I don't think he will though. He doesn't strike me as a strategic thinker. I may be wrong though.

1 hour ago, WOC said:

Apparently Christie told Kemi, who told Nicole, who then told Cliff that he has been overheard. Now's his chance to use disinformation, if he's smart. I don't think he will though. He doesn't strike me as a strategic thinker. I may be wrong though.

This is good news.  I just hope he will use this as his opportunity to shake up the game.  I'm afraid it might be too late though.  The group that thinks they are SO special may get rid of him quickly.  Although maybe they will think they can keep him around telling all he knows so that would help their game.

44 minutes ago, Newby said:

This is good news.  I just hope he will use this as his opportunity to shake up the game.  I'm afraid it might be too late though.  The group that thinks they are SO special may get rid of him quickly.  Although maybe they will think they can keep him around telling all he knows so that would help their game.

He's on the hit list now. 

I sort of feel that cliff notes and carrying  around that owl is something BB got him to do for more TV time.  They are not protecting him like they are some other players.  Christie has a huge advantage in the game and they let her do this to him. How would all the other houseguests feel if they knew about her and Tommy?

1 hour ago, WOC said:

I'm really starting to not like Cliff. He is irritating and now he wants to work with Nick and Bella. Really dufus? Nick nominated your dumb ass!

Cliff is becoming another awful player in the house.  When Cliff start to blame Nicole for everything that just made me sick.  He is the reason for some of Nicole's problems in the house.  He should know better because he's older and a father.  I guess he is willing to do anything for money including selling his moral values.

4 hours ago, CrazyBBFan said:

Cliff is becoming another awful player in the house.  When Cliff start to blame Nicole for everything that just made me sick.  He is the reason for some of Nicole's problems in the house.  He should know better because he's older and a father.  I guess he is willing to do anything for money including selling his moral values.

Exactly, because of his big mouth the others in the house knew that she was trying to play the game. 

I am SO excited that Cliff won HOH.  I would like to see him put up Jack and Michie, with Christie as a backdoor, but Christie will use her diamond veto and take them off and put up two people not in the group of 8.  I sure wish there would be some way to over come that special veto.

32 minutes ago, Newby said:

I am SO excited that Cliff won HOH.  I would like to see him put up Jack and Michie, with Christie as a backdoor, but Christie will use her diamond veto and take them off and put up two people not in the group of 8.  I sure wish there would be some way to over come that special veto.

Christie's power gives the veto winner the choice of who to put up if they decide to remove someone. Only way Christie gets that choice is if she is the veto winner. Cliff can play on her fear of using it for someone other than herself. If she isn't up, will she use it?

Jack's power only gives him the chance to have the veto players picked again, if he doesn't like the people picked the first go around. There's no promise the second round of picks will be in his favor.

Cliff should put up Jack and Jackson (IMO). He can use Nick and Bella's anger over the blindside to pull them in. And it will set the two Jacks against each other. Nicole, Kat, and Jess are already with him, or so they say. With Nick and Bella, and maybe Sam, that gives them seven. I don't care for Nick, Bella, or Sam, but they can be used for numbers and they know they were on the outs with the others of the 8 person alliance.

Or Cliff will take the easy way out and let Jack influence his picks.