Holly Allen discussion thread

morty

47 minutes ago, CrazyBBFan said:

It has been rumored that production talk to all members about Jackson. They were told not to say anything bad about him. They were also told not to say anything about his cheating.  Several of the players would talk in code about not saying anything about Jackson.

Rumored

OK so there was some off camera stuff that happened. If he cheated, then he got some kind of warning or penalty that we don't know about.

It does make me wonder how they penalize HG for breaking the rules (aka cheating) which I assume can be as trivial as eating normal food while on slop. Then of course there is the truck load of rules in the BB top secret black book that is kept in the DR. There a lot more rules of things they can't do that is never revealed to the audience. One example, they are very limited about the lies they tell about themselves and other HG, such as a lie that HG has sex with underage girls or claim another HG attempted to raped him\her while everyone was sleeping.  Crap like that would get HGs ejected pretty damn quickly.

On 7/26/2019 at 12:29 PM, CrazyBBFan said:

Anything is fair game in the BB house including being in a relationship with a man that's has been sleeping with your best friend in the house.   She’s the one talking about her conservative values and coming from a conservative family. 

And again, why is being a 'maga-lover' a bad thing? 

6 hours ago, echo said:

It does make me wonder how they penalize HG for breaking the rules (aka cheating) which I assume can be as trivial as eating normal food while on slop.

It happens so infrequently at the level Snackson did it (i.e. all week while on slop, he never stopped eating) that there aren't many reference points.  Jen season 8 is really the only good reference point. She ate turkey and an apple and something else and was called to the DR within minutes where she received a penalty vote at the next eviction ceremony, meaning she had a vote against her before the voting even started.  Snacksons was MUCH worse open cheating, so if production wasn't helping him (they were, according to Christie, by providing him all his favorite foods while he wasn't supposed to be able to eat them) then Snackson should have received a penalty nomination to put him on the block at the very least.  But they didn't, likely because he's actually seriously mentally ill and he could not control his behavior, but in that case, he should have been immediately evicted from the house straight into treatment for his issues.  Big Brother UK would have done that in a heartbeat.

2 hours ago, KPugs said:

And again, why is being a 'maga-lover' a bad thing? 

I did not say that being a maga-lover is a bad thing.  Holly is the one that says because of her conservative background that she should not be doing this stuff.  One of her major fights was about not having sex on the show (This is when Jackson tried to break up with her).  She even had sex with Jackson while people were in the bed next to her were talking about game (Sis and Christie knew what was going on and made an excuse to leave the room).  Holly was the main mean girl trashing Kat about having sex with Jackson.  People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.  If she feels that people should not judge her, she should not be throwing all those stones.

12 hours ago, BBLurkerPlus said:

Snacksons was MUCH worse open cheating, so if production wasn't helping him (they were, according to Christie, by providing him all his favorite foods while he wasn't supposed to be able to eat them) then Snackson should have received a penalty nomination to put him on the block at the very least.  But they didn't, likely because he's actually seriously mentally ill and he could not control his behavior, but in that case, he should have been immediately evicted from the house straight into treatment for his issues.  Big Brother UK would have done that in a heartbeat.

How is is mentally ill? What I am missing that is on the feeds but never makes it on the show.

What is he accused of doing in terms of cheating? I can't believe he is that popular with the fans that they'd give him a pass on anything serious.

Because BB is a highly controlled reality show, it would not surprise me if penalties are hidden from audience, such as a HG might compete in a timed comp, and there is a significant time penalty added that, more-or-less, prevents the HG from winning. The TV illusion is that HG competed, but in reality the HG had no chance of winning. Since comps are not on the live feeds, they have the power of editing to do a lot interesting things.

2 hours ago, echo said:

How is is mentally ill? What I am missing that is on the feeds but never makes it on the show.

What is he accused of doing in terms of cheating? I can't believe he is that popular with the fans that they'd give him a pass on anything serious.

Because BB is a highly controlled reality show, it would not surprise me if penalties are hidden from audience, such as a HG might compete in a timed comp, and there is a significant time penalty added that, more-or-less, prevents the HG from winning. The TV illusion is that HG competed, but in reality the HG had no chance of winning. Since comps are not on the live feeds, they have the power of editing to do a lot interesting things.

There's a MASSIVE amount of proof from his own mouth and the other houseguests who watched him self-destruct when trying to go cold-turkey on a max-daily-dose street XANAX habit (it got so bad BB took away the white knife (the only sharp kitchen knife for cooking) for a while - they were CONCERNED). 

He cheated all week on slop, open to the live feeds cameras in the shower.  It was blatant because he went from one shower a day to 5 or more showers a day where he'd disappear below the frosted doors and come up chewing the last bits of whatever he was eating that time.  Jen on BB8's penalty was immediate. Snackson got nothing. In fact production HELPED him because in this time period they realized that he had lied on his application and was a mental basket case. It's the reason havenots/slop were CANCELLED for the REST OF THE SEASON. For Snackson. They couldn't risk him getting picked again and going crazy or openly cheating again all week. For the first time EVER, a central feature of Big Brother was CANCELLED Mid-season to accommodate (i.e. help) ONE HOUSEGUEST. Crazy.

Here Snackson is confessing his mental problems immediately prior to entering the house (his eating disorder has been a problem since he was a child - confessed elsewhere on the life feeds):

Here Snackson talks to Beth about his breakdown leading to him being assigned a shrink that is brought in for 90 minute sessions just for him multiple times a week.  He also admits to telling the shrink stuff he left off his BB application that would have disqualified him, omitting his mental illness, suicidal modes, depression, and eating disorder. His attitude about the deception? "I'm here now, what are they gonna do?" (they should have immediately ejected him into treatment)

Here Christie is talking about production helping Snackson cheat when he was on slop by providing all his favorite foods when he's not supposed to be eating any of it that week:

Here he talks about his lengthy street drug addiction (to XANAX and Adderall, which was mentioned elsewhere multiple times):

There are a TON more clips backing up all the reasons Snackson is a cheater and mentally ill and helped by production and therefore should not be allowed to win.  There's also the domestic abuse arrest from last year, which watching him drag Holly for 6+ hours and make her cry over and over I can totally believe.

Well, I can't buy into that BB is rigged as much as you're suggesting. You're saying it is as rigged as The Apprentice was, where they pre-select the the final winner before they even start production, and build the entire season around that one person. That is what they did on The Apprentice; that show was 100% a sham in term of the out come.

I do believe its is possible that producers are stacking the odds in his favor by having comps that he is likely to win, and\or comps that other HGs most likely to loose. He is going to win all physical comps, and Cliff and Nicole are going lose physical comps 100% of the time.

I will say that Jackson was one of 4 people that producers selected to be a HG for season 21 because he has the skills and personality traits to be a strong winner. To me its obvious that each season there are about 4-5 people who have the skills need to win BB, and all the others HGs are selected because they DO NOT have the skills to be the final winner, but have personalities that make for good reality TV. In other words, each season is really about 4-5 people competing against each other from start to finish, and the rest of the HGs are pawns in the game. Only the producers know who are the REAL competitors and who are the pawns, and the producers stack the deck in favor the HGs they selected to be part of the chosen 4 prior to the start of the game. 

3 hours ago, echo said:

Well, I can't buy into that BB is rigged as much as you're suggesting. You're saying it is as rigged as The Apprentice was, where they pre-select the the final winner before they even start production, and build the entire season around that one person. That is what they did on The Apprentice; that show was 100% a sham in term of the out come.

They absolutely have done that transparently. Paul was brought back and given every protection and opportunity to win the game, but he failed at the end because he was an ass his second season and didn't manage the jury.

By the nature of the show, the producers of big brother can't control the outcome and trajectory completely, but they work very hard to develop the "storylines" they want to see happen and help their favorites get ahead with DR sessions that use psychology to influence the houseguests at key times.

But the fact that the FCC says Big Brother is NOT a game show, but only as real as the WWE, and the outcome is fully or in some measure PREdetermined should be enough to give you the clue.  So not "maybe" predetermined, but DEFINITELY predetermined. The only question is how much of it works out the way they intent to guide it.

FCC-Ruling-Big-Brother.jpg

Yeah, I've watched BB since since season 3, and I'm confident that they allow the HGs make their own decisions, but the producers do have far more influence\control than the audience understands. Its a bit like watching a Vegas magic show, where reality of what the audience perceives, is very different than the actual reality that goes on behind the scenes to control the audience's perception.

There have been a couple of seasons where the producers made some bad decisions and the season were a bust, and all the major HGs got evicted, leaving nothing but pawns left in the game. I think they have learned a lot since then, and like Survivor, the producers can predict with 98% accuracy that one of 4 players will be in the final 2. Their ideal is to have 2 of their key HGs  in the final two, but I think that is extremely rare, generally its one of the power players vs a pawn. The last thing they want is two HGs in the final two, who stayed in the sidelines the entire time, never won a comp, and ends up in the final two simply because they were weak and lucky.

Overall, I am OK with hocus-pocus stuff they do because the show is fun to watch. I am soooo glad they cast real people from a cross section of America. They could make the show filled with stud college guys and beach babes with big boobs that have sex on the live feeds, and they all have aspirations to become models\actors. If they had gone that way with casting, I would have stopped watching.

7 hours ago, echo said:

I am soooo glad they cast real people from a cross section of America. They could make the show filled with stud college guys and beach babes with big boobs that have sex on the live feeds, and they all have aspirations to become models\actors. If they had gone that way with casting, I would have stopped watching.

They USED TO cast "real people" but @Kassting has gotten incredibly lazy and she now casts from LA and NY way too much with LA industry wannabes and friends and family of production.  Despite using their hometowns in profiles, Snackson, Beth, Anallice, Bella, Jack were all cast from the LA area - that's 5/16 from just LA and another 5/16 from the NY area (including Christie and by extension Tommy as shirttail relatives of production staff). Not very vigorous casting, and even of the 16 we got a LOT were recruited according to them and not even interested in the game per se.

In her eviction speech she said she wants ordinary girls/women to know they can be extraordinary.  In my opinion, Holly is neither one of these.  Ordinary women do not take over an hour to spackle on makeup.  Extraordinary women shouldn't be jealous of other women.  They don't blame others for their own decisions and actions.  Holly saying Nicole bullied her into throwing the HOH is pathetic.  If Nicole made that deal in order to keep Holly over Tommy, that's NOT bullying, it's gameplay.  How quickly Holly forgets that she was in the group that talked badly to and about Nicole.  Has she admitted what Nicole told Nick and Bella was true? Has she admitted that she lied to Nick and Bella to protect her game.  Has she apologized to Nicole for any of that?  Not that she has to, but don't be a hypocrite and blame Nicole or say she bullied her into making bad decisions.  She is back to being a mean girl like in the beginning of the season.  She has become a withered, frail shell.  Always complaining about she can't breathe, can't sleep, hates the house, is jealous of Nicole, is playing her own game.  She was so worried about how she was being seen/portrayed in the real world early in the season.  Apparently not anymore after her dirty gameplay.

2 hours ago, Kspen said:

In her eviction speech she said she wants ordinary girls/women to know they can be extraordinary.  In my opinion, Holly is neither one of these.  Ordinary women do not take over an hour to spackle on makeup.  Extraordinary women shouldn't be jealous of other women.  They don't blame others for their own decisions and actions.  Holly saying Nicole bullied her into throwing the HOH is pathetic.  If Nicole made that deal in order to keep Holly over Tommy, that's NOT bullying, it's gameplay.  How quickly Holly forgets that she was in the group that talked badly to and about Nicole.  Has she admitted what Nicole told Nick and Bella was true? Has she admitted that she lied to Nick and Bella to protect her game.  Has she apologized to Nicole for any of that?  Not that she has to, but don't be a hypocrite and blame Nicole or say she bullied her into making bad decisions.  She is back to being a mean girl like in the beginning of the season.  She has become a withered, frail shell.  Always complaining about she can't breathe, can't sleep, hates the house, is jealous of Nicole, is playing her own game.  She was so worried about how she was being seen/portrayed in the real world early in the season.  Apparently not anymore after her dirty gameplay.

I totally agree.  

3 hours ago, Kspen said:

Agree!     I was just shaking my head when I heard her speech last night.   And does she not know that everyone knows what she and Jackson are doing when the lights are off? ... or shower is on?    Good Grief!!   Who does she think she's kidding?

On 9/14/2019 at 10:59 PM, Kspen said:

Mean girl gets a coattail ride to the final 3.  I can't watch her and Jackson play off their plan.  They said Nicole and Cliff played dirty so they will too.  Another example of how UNextraordinary she is and mean.

I think there's a chance she might get eliminated in the final 3 comps.  She's not brightest bulb in the pack and not sure if Jackson can stay focused enough to win the days comp.  We'll just have to see.

I give her about a 30% chance of beating Jackson in the final comp.

Question: Assuming she beats Jackson in the final comp, how smart of BB player is she.

Does remain loyal to Jackson and picks him over Nichol? 

Or she play the better odds, and select Nichol

Holly has less than 5% chance of beating Jackson in the final 2, and 75% chance of beating Nichol.

IMO, She might get 1-2 votes for being loyal to jackson, but loyalty will not be enough to win. Jackson will make the same argument that he was loyal to her to the very end, so that argument cancelled each other out.