Dixie Chicks

salter-path

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes and trying talk any REALITY or truth to a bleeding heart liberal is futile.I think a tree needs a hug somewhere. :rolleyes:

I hated Clinton,Carter,etc.However I would never have been IGNORANT enough to so tackily voice my opinion like Natalie or several other bleeders have using my so-called fame.Look where it's gotten them.They were still our Commanders in Chief AND you're suppose to be supporting your country.Not sucking up to outsiders.LOSERS!

As far as other countries animosity & disdain towards the USA...HAH!Look at your sources.Liberal media.Fortunately anyone with half a brain now sees the left lean and can make an informed decision for themselves.I LOVE watching the press conferences now when they(lefty reporters) get told their just posting their leftist viewpoint and the look on their faces!Slam and busted!And they don't even bother denying it.Ugh!Try tuning into NON-leftist unbiased stations and SHOCKER....reality!

And feel free to try to label me to the right.......you'd be wrong.

Patricia was not the main topic.By the way I'm also put off by Michael J Fox Talker.Again I state.I do NOT believe ANY hollywood types should use their fame as a soapbox from EITHER side.Unfortunately the LEFT has far outweighed the RIGHT in doing so and much more boisterously because the lefty media has their backs & mouths & they know it.Sean Penn,Babbs Streisand,Baldwin...all said if Bush was elected they'd move out of the country.They're still here.Too bad!Montel Williams..another HUGE offender.I can list way more liberal HW types who've made themselves neon signs than I could right ones.

The smarter Hollywooders either QUIETLY support their political choices or say nothing at all.They certainly don't publicly show how divided the USA is for other countries to bare witness too.This is why past generations are so disgusted by all this media BS.

I'm neither left nor right...but given HAVING to make the choice I'd go right rather than betray my country.

I am Independent.

And in otherwords...The smart Hollywood people(singers,actors,etc.) don't tell the media whether or not they are a Democrat OR Republican OR an Independent.They're votes or support(moral or financial) are kept quiet.They don't write nasty songs,push it on ads or talk shows or at concerts just because they think by being loudmouths it will change someone's mind.

At last, a real dialogue instead of empty nasty comments. I appreciate your argument but I for one, don't believe you to be a true Independent because you have too many issues with the Left and very few with the Right. I used to think I was an Independent until I found myself supporting too many Liberal causes. Although, I still have as many issues with the Far Left as I do with the Far Right. I now consider myself an Independent with heavy leanings toward the Left.

As for news media, you will NEVER get an unbiased source with the possible exception of CNN which tends to be more objective in most things. Fox News is a media outlet for the Right propaganda while so many others are puppets of the Left. So, often, you have to watch ALL the news outlets or a piece of one and a bit of the other to get a truly unbiased view.

Second, last time I looked, celebrities were citizens with the right to vote and voice their opinions like everyone else in this country. I don't hold a lot of weight to their opinions but I give them the same rights as others to say what they want, when they want and where they want as is constitutionally bound . . . no matter which way you lean.

You'll notice in my debate on the issue, I even quoted the President himself. Not exactly the Liberal Left! I think he's man enough to take the various criticism that goes with holding such a public office and most of the time, he takes it in stride. Hail to the Chief! However, this seems like so much brouhaha over what is just not THAT big a deal!

If her 15 words of a very NON-political nature, shows disrespect than what would you call all the plethora of tirades by pundits and comedians alike who REALLY throw punches at the highest office in our country? I've heard direct hits aimed at his intelligence, his manner of speech, his level of sobriety, his ethics, etc. I don't see this kind of uproar over those distinct and specific barbs at the man.

I'm only saying that the comment does not merit this level of outrage. I hear worse on a daily basis on news shows like "Meet The Press" and fake news shows like "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart." I don't see anyone giving death threats to Tim Russert or Jon Stewart. In fact, they are often rewarded with accolades for their efforts.

I'm not here to change your mind because you seem hell bent on your opinion as much as I cling to mine. What I DO appeal for is civility in the debate or a return to the discussion of their music, although I think the latter seems slim. I do think the first one is achievable. You proved that in your past few posts. I see a well thought out argument with only a few slams thrown in. For that, I say bravo.

I also hope you took my sense of humor in some of my answers as well intentioned to try to bring the forum back to some calm and decorum. So, my plea to ALL posters is to remember we all are here for fun and thoughtful discussion and not to post to incite others or insult them . . . no matter which side of the argument we tend to agree or disagree with.

With that said, enjoy the debate. I'm off right now to post the sad news of the passing of one our former Presidents . . . President Gerald R. Ford. Sad news this holiday season. We've lost some real giants of good will. To all posters, I wish you well!

You're KIDDING right?You claim to want peace & civility in your forum yet seem to thrive on baiting and making comments about others opinions or preferences.You're now even insulting my political status?Since you're so sure I'm not an Independent then let's clarify that if you're in fact convinced that CNN is unbiased then you are clearly a Liberal.

You might (again) find my comments nasty.Well I find your just as offensive and much more personal.I certainly don't see your opinions towards others objective or fair.On these kinds of boards there's alot of differing opinions & debates.There's alot of different ways people state things.And it seems to me you find it perfectly acceptable to make statements directly at posters including how YOU feel about them personally but by god they'd better fly right and conform.You get your digs in under a title.And that's keeping the peace how?I've always been blunt but I DO avoid name calling or telling people their opinion is nasty or evil or hell bent.You might try it sometime.And I don't need kudos or backpats concerning my posts from someone who clearly cannot say anything complimentary with serving it with a side of sarcasm or insults.Have a nice day.

I feel bad you cannot see sincerity when it's truly meant. Everything you've accused me of seems to be words that describe your own behavior but I can't seem to make it clear I mean no ill will nor did I ever. I've even written you privately to calm your anger but I'm not sure what else to do to prove to you not everyone who says nice things are against you.

I've never asked anyone to agree with me but I have asked, in fact, pleaded repeatedly with everyone to give their debate without inflammatory verbage. If you have a personal agenda with me, please feel free to take it private so this forum can go back to the topic at hand . . . The Dixie Chicks.

. . . I hated Clinton,Carter,etc.However I would never have been IGNORANT enough to so tackily voice my opinion like Natalie or several other bleeders have using my so-called fame.Look where it's gotten them.They were still our Commanders in Chief AND you're suppose to be supporting your country.Not sucking up to outsiders.LOSERS! . . .

Wicked summed up my feelings here. For over 200 years we have had this "majority rules" democratic system of government. Someone wins, someone loses. You may not agree with the outcome, but you fall in behind the leader and accept who was elected by the majority of your fellow Americans. It has only recently become fad & fashion to bash the President with such disdain. Voice your opinions, disagreements, etc., but do it with tact and decency. And never, ever, tell the rest of the world you are not a proud American.

Hey, jerseygirl! Although I agree with many of your points, I was a child of the 60s so it's really nothing new to criticize or protest when you feel you don't agree with elected officials. And, although I'm very proud (and lucky) to be an American, I can't always blindly agree with office holders just because their particular political machine (yes, BOTH parties) happen to have the majority. I would expect nothing less from the opposition when their party isn't in office. I believe that makes us all proud Americans . . . merely by virtue of the freedom of speech that we all enjoy.

TV Paige. . . Of course there have been political protests in the past, but never the vitriolic hatred that we see now. Also, the only people I can remember protesting in the 60's were, again, liberals. Can you give me one example where there was a conservative republican demonstration? It just seems that you people cannot accept the fact that there is another political party in this country except your own.

And having the freedom to speak is not, by itself, a measure of pride, but how we use it and the things we say.

And #1 with the Washington Post

1. Dixie Chicks, "Taking the Long Way"

Forget, for a moment, about the controversy that enveloped the Dixie Chicks after lead singer Natalie Maines popped off about President Bush in 2003. Forget the backlash, the evaporating airplay, the protests, Toby Keith, the death threats, the naked magazine cover, the politics -- all of it. Put down the baggage and pick up the Texas trio's latest album and revel in the rich melodies, the soaring harmonies, the sharp writing and gorgeous instrumentation and sense of soul. It's a tuneful tour de force, a triumph of pop songcraft that's a little bit country, a little bit more soft-rock-and-roll. Of course, it's impossible to forget about the back story, because the Chicks won't let you. While this isn't an album-length diatribe, the Chicks aren't biting their tongues, either: They're downright defiant in "Not Ready to Make Nice," one of the great singles of 2006. So they're not exactly contrite and conciliatory. Isn't being great good enough?

I'm just happy I only had to read that song and not hear it... They mad at their mom or something??? Why are they saying the mother is a sad story??? First the President and now their own mother or other mothers, maybe they meant all mothers?? Have they no shame?? What's all the hate about... I thought country music was about depression not hate.... Johnny Cash would never have sang about hating on his mom...

Look where it's gotten them.They were still our Commanders in Chief AND you're suppose to be supporting your country.
When did not agreeing with the President become not supporting the country? Last time I checked the great thing about America is that it is OUR government and we take RESPONSIBILITY for it's actions. If you don't like what is done in your name, you should speak up.

...but never the vitriolic hatred that we see now.

Now, if you're going to try to tell me that both parties haven't contributed to this then you're living in some fantasy land. Oh, and by the way, historically, this is all tame. Politically things were much more vicious in this country in the past. Quick example, before the Civil War a Southern Democrat caned and paralyzed an opposing Northern...on the Senate floor. ;) Just one example of many to say this is nothing.

If you don't like the Dixie Chicks views, don't buy their albums. But I think anyone that speaks to their belief IS a Patriot and what we are about. Leave the blind lemming like followers to dictators.

They were still our Commanders in Chief AND you're suppose to be supporting your country.Not sucking up to outsiders.LOSERS!
Only a moron equates speaking against your government as not supporting your country.

Archived