Dixie Chicks

salter-path

Dixie Chick Robison Gives Birth to Twins

5992robiso886913120yb.jpg

NEW YORK (AP) - Emily Robison of the Dixie Chicks has given birth to twins.

Julianna Tex and Henry Benjamin were born April 14, according to the Dixie Chicks' Web site. Julianna weighed 6 pounds 10 ounces and Henry weighed 6 pounds 14 ounces.

"Babies and mom are all doing very well," the posting said.

Robison and her husband, Charlie, also have a 2 1/2-year-old son Gus.

The trio's other members - Natalie Maines and Martie Maguire - also have children.

"For those keeping track, the welcome arrival of Julianna and Henry into the Robison fold brings the Dixie Chicks' baby count to seven, including a set of twins each for sisters Emily and Martie," the Web site said.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there any DC fans out there? Their new album comes out Tuesday. I allready preodered it. And am now Listening to it now MSN has it to listen to. Some great songs and it is getting good reviews. Rolling Stone gave it 4 stars our of 5. It always takes me a few listens to really love and album. When I first heard the song "everybody Knows" I didnt like it after I listened to it a few times I now LOVE it. I cant wait to get the album with the lyrics to read along

This week they are on the Cover of Time this is what they say about the album

THEY'VE TAKEN THEIR HITS, AND NOW THE DIXIE CHICKS HIT BACK WITH WHAT MAY BE THE BEST ADULT POP CD OF THE YEAR. ER, WILL ANYONE BUY IT?

I like the Dixie Chics. I just heard one of htere songs from there new album tonight on Medium. I forget hte name of the song, but it sounded really good. I heard it and thought to myself, gee, that sounds like the dixie chics, then at the end of the show, I found out I was right. I hope they do well with this album.

i like them. i ususally dont go for country music (okok, i did go through a phase years ago) but they put a great tweek to it and i love their sound. I will certainly buy their new cd.... and i dont go buying just any ol cd either. the music has really got to "get" me.

go dixie chicks, you rock and you speak your mind. gotta love that.

mrspopcorn... I heard that song on Medium tonight too. I was thinking I have to find out who did this song, cause' it's really good. Bravo to NBC for telling me/us at the end of the show. I was that much happier to hear that it was from their new album. Cause I plan on buying it this weekend regardless of liking any of the songs (just to support them... aka shoveling DC record sales up Toby Keith's arse... lol) Now I get a bonus... great songs!!! :D

Oh and I'm the same... not much of a country music fan even though I have to listen to it all the time (hubby :angry: ) I can probably count on one hand how many country artists I really like... and DC is one of them.

Cecimom - Love what you said about Toby Keith. my brother is a big toby keith fan, he drives me nuts, and I personally don't like him. And he hates Dixie Chics for all that crap that went down. Whatever. I don't care what they say, I just like the music!

I have to say the song on Medium "lullaby" is my least fav song on the CD.. NOt saying I dont like it. But the rest of the CD is amazing!! I think this is the first CD of their's that I will not Skip a song or two when Listening to it.

I think my fav song is Silent House. Which is about Alzheimer's...Beautiful and Sad

Neb . . . the sad part is I don't think their return to 'Country' music is going to happen anytime soon based on what happened at the Academy of Country Music Awards last night. I'm not truly a country music fan but I must admit I've been drifting over to the dark side via Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, Big & Rich, Sugarland, etc.

However, it saddened me that one of my favorites, Reba McEntire. went for the easy joke and the Dixie Chick jugular last night. I wrote about it in my coverage of the award show on another thread and forum. The original wire copy often lacks details that I add when I find it interesting or perhaps newsworthy.

This is an excerpt from the other post:

Holding it all together, Reba McEntire put in her eighth appearance as ACM Awards host. Walking the line between country music legend and stand-up comedienne, McEntire got thunderous applause from the country crowd when she used her hosting duties for an opportunity to take a comic shot at the absent Dixie Chicks.

"When I was first asked to do this [hosting], I must admit I was scared I wouldn't be able to do a good job," McEntire quipped. "But then I thought if the Dixie Chicks can sing with their foot in their mouth, I can do this."

Looks like Natalie's benign comment is still being blown out of proportion. I just don't get it. Shows like "Saturday Night Live," numerous comedians and even other musicians have said much worse and not suffered the indignities that these women have had to endure.

Bush impersonator, Steve Bridges makes his living lampooning everything Bush from his lack of clarity to his political record. Yet, Bridges is not only well received by the general public but by the White House as well.

Bridges was the special guest of President Bush himself at the recent Correspondence Dinner where Bush actually showed off his humorous side. Bush and Bridges (in full Bush make-up and identically dressed) stood side by side at the podium and did a skit worthy of any comedy show.

So, I guess I'm bewildered as why Natalie's rather innocent comments drew such ire and continues to draw such hostility among country music fans. My opinion was that the Dixie Chicks were scapegoats for the underline frustration the country was feeling at the time and didn't want to openly admit.

I also don't think it makes a difference that her remarks were made in London. There are audiences here in the United States that would receive that single comment and applaud her generously. I would be curious to see Cindy Sheehan's point of view on the subject.

Okay, I'm off the soapbox. I've bought the Dixie Chicks other albums and I see no reason to stop me from continuing my trend of enjoying good music. Hell, I don't agree with Toby Keith's politics at all but I truly enjoy his creative videos. They are usually hilarious and well produced. I can watch them without interjecting politics into it but that's just me.

dixie_chicks7.jpg
Dixie Chicks Highlights and Appearances

larry_king_live2.jpglarry_king_live.jpg
(Topics are subject to last minute change. Guests are announced on a daily basis.)

Larry King Live

Wednesday, May 31 ~ The Dixie Chicks ~ CNN

The Dixie Chicks are back on the music charts and they're "Not Ready to Make Nice." Making no apologies, this controversial trio joins Larry for the hour to talk about their no-nonsense return following a three-year absence. The Dixie Chicks are "Taking the Long Way" for a lively hour on "Larry King Live." The defiant and outspoken Dixie Chicks in their first live prime-time interview since they set fans off by taking on the president. Tune in at 9 p.m. ET.
Encore Presentation (R 4/5/06)
squbluex.gifsquprplx.gifsqubluex.gif
(guests may be subject to last minute changes)

I GOT CONCERT TICKETS!!!!! YAY!!!!!
Fantastic Neb! Besides enjoying the concert, please put on your reviewer's cap and give us the 411 on everything on stage!!

I also found a place online to listen to the full length cuts of the songs on the CD. I know you were great to find a link that would let you listen to the entire CD but when I ran across this one, you inspired me to share.

You can either listen to the whole CD or select which songs you want to hear. It even worked on my old crankup computer! You can also select other music to enjoy. They have the "American Idol: Season 5 Encores" featured right next to the Dixie Chicks.

Here's the link: Taking The Long Way ~ Dixie Chicks. Enjoy!

I bought it over the weekend. My two favorite tracks are #3 - Not Ready to Make Nice and #6 - Lullaby. Glad they did so well with their sales this weekend.

My two favorites are #14 ~ "I Hope" and #3 ~ Not Ready to Make Nice." I'm really proud they stayed true to themselves.

Remember The Dixie Chicks are on "Larry King Live" tonight for the hour (if they don't change the schedule on me again!)

Archived