Fuskie

The Masked Singer - Episode VI

Can you recognize your favorite celebrity just from their voice? You're about to find out. This is The Masked Singer!

Last week, Unicorn reached the end of her rainbow and was revealed to be Tori Spelling. Tonight, the Who Sungit continues as 4 celebs compete to stay anonymous: Bee, Peacock, Raven and Monster. Who will live to sing again and who will be unmasked?

Please welcome your host, Nick Cannon, and your panel: Jenny McCarthy! Nicole Scherzinger! Robin Thicke! And Ken Jeong, who fresh off of being right for once, makes a royal entrance. Nick has to inform him that it is the artists who win the contest, not the panel.

The four artists performing tonight come out for a group song, performing I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas. Peacock starts by strutting his stuff. Monster comes out getting his groove on. Raven brandishes her wings and Bee sings sweet honey.

It's time to go solo, starting with Bee. Bee has been performing for a long time, but dressing as an insect is a first. It was at her 8th birthday party that her mom gave her the idea to form a group. It was always in the cards. We got a record contract and her career has been all peaches and marmalade (pictures of a backyard birthday party with a girl holding up 2 fingers like horns). Being on the show (now waffles on the birthday table) is a trip singing songs others have written, makes me feel I'm every bee, you know, it's all in me. My song tonight is like a modern power ballad. I never thought I'd be singing it, especially dressed like this.

Singing Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus, Bee's voice is more distinctive than ever, but which diva is it? The backup dancers are dressed like the King's Court, if that means anything. Her timing and hand gestures as well as huge voice suggest she is a seasoned professional, comfortable on stage.

Robin says he got choked up, perfect song to be able to hit those high notes. He thinks he recognizes her stage persona. Nicole says her voice is mature, seasoned. Ken says reminds everyone he was correct last week and as he was the perfect judge, she's the perfect contestant.

Show and Tell time. Bee's revealing item is copper bakeware. This is her second favorite thing to do. The panel tries to guess what the revealing item means. Ken thinks Baker could be part of her name. Bee just laughs off their guesses. Jennifer says she has to be a musical legend and she's dressed like a bee. Bee says she's no honey bee, she's a killer bee!

Let's look for clues about Peacock. Being behind a mask has been strange and lonely. Can't even talk to the crew because he has to remain anonymous. Without the mask, he would be easily recognizable (sitting in an empty bar), but here I'm invisible, as if my entire career just disappeared into thin air. By day, I perform as my 176lb real self (dressed like a matador with a rainbow cape) but at night I ride into competition masked and ready for battle. Winning would be everything to me, so I'm going to step up my game and give the world all of me.

Singing All Of Me by John Legend, his voice does sound a bit like David Hasselhoff. Nicole says his voice is mature. He uses the stage for his choreography, working the audience and the camera. He can sing, Jenny says during the chorus. Ken says greatest showman of all.

Jennifer says he keeps bringing it each week and she knows who he is. Nicole has no idea but she loves his voice, a seasoned, Broadway type of voice. Robin agrees, a seasoned performer, maybe Broadway. Nick ducks behind Peacock's features and says "they may be on to me" as if he was Peacock. When the rainbow flag is mentioned, Peacock raises his arms in celebration. Jenny says he's been doing this since very young. Robin points out he always ends his performances in dramatic poses. Ken says he has a non-cocky confidence, always ending strong. Peacock agrees that he and Ken are birds of a feather.

It is time for security to reveal the revealing item. It's a wig. Because of this wig, Peacock says, I was thrown in jail. Ken thinks he was arrested by the fashion police. Jenny says showman, Vegas style. Jennifer also thinks there is a Vegas connection, he's sung differently each performance.  I gave all of me on All of Me, Peacock tells us. I'm going to win and you're not going to guess who I am.

Raven is next. Being in the comp has challenged her to go against basic instincts, especially going silent after a career talking to people. But being alone (on a roof with an inflatable kiddie pool) with my thoughts gives me a chance to reflect on my own story, looking back on my life with a birds-eye view. From death to love, to birthing you, (Peacock holes an alarm clock with 11:11 taped to the front). My greatest joy is being a mother to my flock. You might say that's so me it's not just talk. Sometimes you have to look back to go forward. And tonight, I'm singing with the courage gained from being here and I never want it to end.

Singing Brave by Sara Bareilles, Raven is singing as if reciting a mantra, breaking out into an anthem chorus. Not a dancer, Ken thinks there's something "actory" about her. Jenny says she has a talk show. She lets out a huge, long power note, then does it again, sending Nicole into a fit. She fist pumps with the audience. Ken says great heart. Nicole says not a professional singer but you went for those notes, very powerful. Jennifer says she's proud of how she performed.

Time to see what Raven brought from her nest. It's an Emmy Award! That gets Jenny's attention. The panel tries to figure out if she's on The Talk or The View. Raven says she places this where her flock can admire it. The panel begins discussing whether Raven is strapping down her breast to fool them. Raven tells us she's a very social person and keeping a secret is so hard.

Monster scares up some clues. The panel's love last time went a long way towards healing a deep wound for Monster. But like everyone else, had a share of dark days (Monster walking down a dark alley) but I'm a fighter and fought my demons (now in a bar with a teddy bear among the liquor bottles) and I discovered what a teddy bear I am at heart. (outside in front of a drive-in theater with a pink Cadillac) This experience is more far more meaningful than wearing a monster costume (throwing cash), it's about being proud of who I am (Level Completed, switch to a sound board, then electrical flashes to a cave). Don't even think about slinging any negativity my way, cause I'll just swing back. (Back into the bar) tonight's performance is about throwing the panel off the scent. No one would expect me to sing this! (Game Over) Game On (back to the cave)!

Rockin' to American Woman (Lenny Kravitz), Monster is wearing a leather jacket as he blows the roof off with his performance. He sounds amazing, screams Nicole. He's no athlete, Ken says. Everyone is dancing except Monster, who then breaks into some fancy footwork that turns the dial up to 11. Robin says he's very athletic, as Monster kneels down, his feet disappearing under his outer skin. He turns around to end the song and his jacket says American Monster on the back. He does the Backpack Kid dance to the audience applause.

Robin says I didn't think he was a singer before but he finished riffs with vocal dynamics, he's a professional entertainer. Ken says he does the riffs very well, a comedian who is classically trained at least as an actor. Robin hears soulfulness, says "lil". Jenny says the microphone he carries reminds him of a golf club.

Monster brought a revealing item out from under his bed: A headset! Monster says he makes his best calls on this headset. A sportscaster, Jenny says. That's not Howard Cosell, Ken jokes, no one on ESPN or Fox Sports moves like that. Nick says it's someone he knows because he keeps picking on him (Monster tries to poke him with his mic). Jenny says we've been confused since Day one but I don't want you to ever be demasked!

It's time for the audience and Panel to vote on who was the weakest performer tonight. Let's give it up for Bee, Peacock, Raven and Monster! Please vote now for your favorite.

The votes are in and tonight's unmasked singer is...   Raven! But she did an amazing job. Give her your applause and say goodbye to Bee, Monster and Peacock who will be back to sing again.

Ken thinks it is Sheryl Underwood from The Talk and places his crown on the line. Nicole thinks it is Megan McCain from The View. Robin thinks Ricki Lake. Jennifer thinks Raven Symone. Ken says he's keeping his title. Nick says we all need to know. Now let's see if any on the panel was right.

It is now time for Raven to show who is behind the mask. Raven is...   Emmy Award talk show host Ricki Lake!  Ken begrudgingly passes his crown to Robin.

Nick says we've seen you in movies, win Emmys for your talk show hosting abilities. Ricki says she loved the anonymity, she's usually so bad at keeping a secret and she didn't even tell her family what she's doing. It's been a ball. Raven is about metamorphosis, about death but then rebirth. I went though the loss of my husband last year and this really was an opportunity to share my journey. He was the best thing to happen to me. Well he's smiling tonight, Nick says.

Robin says when she performed, she put her hand over her heart, something she'd do on her show. Ricki is upset that's a dead giveaway. He grew up watching her show. I'm turning 50 this year, she says. Singing for us again, this time unmasked, here's Ricki Lake!

Raven Clue Answers: The mention of the Hudson River was a clue for Ricki's hometown, Hastings-On-Hudson, NY. The Man Who Came To Town was John Waters, whose classic film Hairspray launched Ricki's career.

Did you guess who Raven was? What do you think of the Final Six performers? Who do you think will be the last to be unmasked?