Big Brother 7: What changes would you make?

Brekkie Boy

After all the slumber parties on BB6 , nerdherd and the freaky tickle sessions, one of the changes I'd like to see is for the person that wins HOH not be allowed to have an entire group with them during that week. Only one person can be selected by the hoh without the ability to rotate roomates. I can only imagine the drama it could create considering how crazy they all can get. Just my two cents.

Also, the group that loses the luxury comp has to not only eat pb&j, but has to do all the cooking and other household chores for the winning team that week.

This is the best idea. There has got to be a way to integrate the opposing alliances more. The HOH will start getting very paranoid sleeping all alone knowing their "friends" are sleeping with the enemy!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with NOT bringing back an evicted HG, but what about allowing the booted one to tape or write a message to one other houseguest. No one one but the named HG can see/ read the message. This way, if someone is bitter about being booted or betrayed, they can really spill the beans or give one final "F You" to someone. If someone was really sneaky, they could claim the secret message said things it didn't. hee hee

I also liked how the jury got to watch the final 2 confessionals. That was great! Alison's jaw dropped when they told her.

I also agree with less 20 somethings and more age/ race/ religion/ politics mix. Drama without substance is just bad soap opera...but I'll still watch.

This is the best idea. There has got to be a way to integrate the opposing alliances more. The HOH will start getting very paranoid sleeping all alone knowing their "friends" are sleeping with the enemy!

The thing is though I think it's important to keep the Game rules and the House rules seperate - so a HoH basically gets control over there room.

Last year the Nerd Herd all sleeping in the room revealed alot about their true characters - and it was picked up by HGs and viewers alike.

There are things that can be done though to discourage it - one of which is very simple: a glass wall! That way the other HGs can see exactly who is in the HoH room - but then that would mean the HoH loses their privacy!

What really got me last year was the nerd herd thought that the stuff they said and did in that room did not go out on the show or the live feeds. So maybe this year they should stress that everything in the HoH room is sent out live and recorded for the show. Maybe then they will realize they can't call American's Assholes and all that wonderful stuff they did last year.

Well they can but we will know about it.

I'm a bit disappointed really this season will be an All Stars edition - IMO that means the main twists will again just come from the casting rather than the actual format of the show.

So if I was in charge, Big Brother 7 would be a little different. It be 13 new houseguests, all strangers - and one twisted format.

I've posted some of these ideas here before, and some are reworkings of twists we've had here in the UK version of Big Brother - but to show how they'd work in a season I've put them all together in a basic outline of how a seriously twisted Big Brother 7 would work!

BIG BROTHER 7: SERIOUSLY TWISTED

13 houseguests, three months and one twisted summer

Wow

I'm giving you a lot of credit for thinking all this out and typing it all.

Some of your ideas were really good but I think it would be hard to mess with a lot of what Big Brother has done is used to doing as they have done for the past 6 seasons. Yeah we need more twists but I'm not sure that they would go as far to do a lot of the stuff you suggested.

But hey. Way to get those ideas going. Ya never know. Maybe this is a year for a REAL good twist. It's gotta be better than the summer of secrets.

Wow

I'm giving you a lot of credit for thinking all this out and typing it all.

Some of your ideas were really good but I think it would be hard to mess with a lot of what Big Brother has done is used to doing as they have done for the past 6 seasons. Yeah we need more twists but I'm not sure that they would go as far to do a lot of the stuff you suggested.

But hey. Way to get those ideas going. Ya never know. Maybe this is a year for a REAL good twist. It's gotta be better than the summer of secrets.

The way I see it has Big Brother has kind of hit a brick wall.

The same thing happened here in the UK during the fourth series. The producers had thrown in numerous twists - but none of them never really affected the core format, and by the fourth series they just began to look a bit desperate to be honest.

However, in the fifth series it all changed. Big Brother became alot tougher (the house more uncomfortable, the tasks more difficult, the pyschological pressure increased) - and since then the biggest twists - which have been very successful - have come from occassional changes to the fundamental rules of Big Brother.

And hence on the whole it is a better show - because the HMs can never be sure about what will happen. Even when someone is evicted, they are never 100% certain they actually have been evicted!

That is what BBUSA needs as the core format is too predictable. Whatever twists the producers currently throw at them, you basically know each week there will be a HoH comp, nominations, the Veto and eviction - and hence the HMs get very comfortable very quickly!

The way I see it has Big Brother has kind of hit a brick wall.

The same thing happened here in the UK during the fourth series. The producers had thrown in numerous twists - but none of them never really affected the core format, and by the fourth series they just began to look a bit desperate to be honest.

However, in the fifth series it all changed. Big Brother became alot tougher (the house more uncomfortable, the tasks more difficult, the pyschological pressure increased) - and since then the biggest twists - which have been very successful - have come from occassional changes to the fundamental rules of Big Brother.

And hence on the whole it is a better show - because the HMs can never be sure about what will happen. Even when someone is evicted, they are never 100% certain they actually have been evicted!

That is what BBUSA needs as the core format is too predictable. Whatever twists the producers currently throw at them, you basically know each week there will be a HoH comp, nominations, the Veto and eviction - and hence the HMs get very comfortable very quickly!

I totally agree! Well said!

Well Brekkie Boy..............from your keyboard to CBS ears! I wish they would think up just half of the stuff you have and what a season BB7 would be! I have always thought that Big Brother should be a "bigger" part of the show. I agree that BB has hit a brick wall (of course that doesn't mean I won't watch ;) ) and they need to stir things up! Maybe they should put you on the payroll. :)

i do agree the usa version needs to stop being so predictable and keep the house guests on edge. they should take ideas from other reality show like amazing race who has non elimination weeks and install it into their show.

I honestly think they have someone like you on the payroll. But when this 'imaginative person' comes up with a really good idea his/her ideas are dismissed as "too much" or "too out there". Who knows what the producers are actually thinking. I guess we'll never know until the ratings drop so low that it's not worth watching anymore. More and more people have begun watching the international versions just for some spice. I for one will be one of them. But I am and will always be loyal to BB US no matter how bad it gets. Let's just hope it doesn't get so bad that all the loyal viewers like myself are eventually turned off.

WAKE UP BIG BROTHER AND SMELL THE RATINGS DROP

I think the producers would feel comfortable with an 75% or higher positive response from our polls on the all-stars thing. However, here and on other sites the polls seem to show only 50% (+ or -) positive response. I would think the producers are a bit concerned at the moment if they are doing the right thing or not, and if they should pull out of it or not. I sure would be... :blink: There is still plenty of time... :mellow:

But then again, Donald Rumsfeld didn`t listen to his advisers and look at the crap we are in now...

Opps, sorry... <_<

Isn`t it time to pump up the anti on the $500.000 first place winnings? <_<

"Deal or No Deal" gives that much out in a week! :mellow:

I would think that after 3 months the winner should make 5 million!

Hay CBS - quit making the show so cheap and perhaps live another year! :angry2:

I honestly think they have someone like you on the payroll. But when this 'imaginative person' comes up with a really good idea his/her ideas are dismissed as "too much" or "too out there". Who knows what the producers are actually thinking. I guess we'll never know until the ratings drop so low that it's not worth watching anymore. More and more people have begun watching the international versions just for some spice. I for one will be one of them. But I am and will always be loyal to BB US no matter how bad it gets. Let's just hope it doesn't get so bad that all the loyal viewers like myself are eventually turned off.

WAKE UP BIG BROTHER AND SMELL THE RATINGS DROP

Unfortunately you are probably right. To be fair though the producers have gone for some pretty big twists with the casting (The X Factor and Twins things were very good - but the secret pairs was a bit predictable IMO).

Hopefully they are doing the All Stars now as kind of the end of an era - and a new era of Big Brother USA will begin next year with the format becoming far less predictable - and hence much more enjoyable!

Just another idea - this one is again based on a UK task but given a bit of a twist.

When 5 remain, there would be a special Veto challenge in which the two nominees each pick a partner (not the HoH). They are then chained to their partner for the next day or so (including at night - though they are released when they go to the toilet or diary room) - completing a series of challenges over the day.

At the end of the Veto Challenge there would be a winning pair, with the winning nominee able to save themselves from the block.

However - if they decide to save themselves, their partner automatically becomes their replacement!

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the idea of the fake apartment where they can watch and return.

You do have a creative mind and I think that your ideas would make BB& - All-Stars worth a watch. I'm not excited about the all-stars. Part of the fun is learning the new people and watching them blend.

You have to find an avenue to CBS. Obviously too late for BB7, but BB8 ideas?

ON another note:

So if America is going to choose the people who come to BB7 All-Stars, wouldn't we already have that opportunity? Someone said that Roddy took the summer off and is rumoured to be on BB7... if we have 60 or so days to start, I wonder when we get to decide???? (If we do.) B)

If Big Brother aired on Fox, instead of on CBS some of your ideas might have a chance of playing out.

However .. CBS still thinks of itself as a 'family' show.

Which is why what gets aired on TV is no where near as bad as what you see on the feeds.

I do however agree that we do need some major shake ups.

I think the problem is .. the producers got as complacent as the house guests.

Ever since Marcellas's golden veto was brought up as a possability at the end of season 3, it's been on the table EVERY week. There have never been the shows where the house guests plan to use 'dummy noms's only to find out surprise -- no veto this week.

It's the same thing every week ..

Some of your ideas sound a little too out there for me .. but some of them could work.

Hopefully season 7 isn't same old same old.

Archived