Casting and Auditioning

Jem

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Connect4

One more thing: the person I know who made the semi-finals received a letter letting him know that he did not make the finals. He received this soon after the deadline for finding out if he'd be going to Los Angeles for the finals, so he already knew since he hadn't heard from the BB6 producers, but he was surprised and happy that they took the time to send him a letter. He said he didn't expect to get anything at all.

Guest bigbrother6reject

ummm as a BB6 semi finalist... i think I'd know when the finals would start 8)

Diane Henry explained her process into BB and said BB producers showed up unannounced at her house and swept her off. At least that's what I think she said... it was a year ago.

She said several contestants were placed in a van and left in say a parking lot with no air-conditioner, no nothing. Hot, uncomfortable with say 10 strangers. They had no idea why they were left to sit together.

The assumption after the show was over was they were like laboratory rats being watched by producers. The final cut was made through this process.

if you make it to Semi's, they give you a paper with info on it concerning call back dates and finals. I guess since finals can last up to 10 days, they give the semifinalist the dates so they can make arrangments to take off from their normal lives.... most applicants have jobs and cant just be wisked away at the drop of a hat.

I think what Diane from last year was talking about was when she picked for the show, they show up and give the person 1 hour to get their stuff and go.

You're probably right Fizzle. But, I didn't think anyone had advanced notice of being picked for the show, maybe as a semi-finalist they do.

Whatever the case I wish the show would just hurry up already. The waiting around really stinks.

I dont think they give you advanced notice, I think if you make it to finals then you pretty much need to get your affairs in order in case you are picked to be on the show. They probably tell you that they will notify you by a certain date and at that time you only get 1 hour to get your things together and go.

of course, I only truly know what the course of action is up until semi's. The rest is just from gathered info from the previous years of what the houseguest said.

Guest bigbrother6reject

as a semi finalists.. they do give you notice (theres more to it but i signed papers to keep my mouth shut), however they do encourage that you start making plans..there's alot more to it but for obvious legal reasons i don't think i can say... at least not for right now.

Guest ranster627

I have scoured every source, and the answer is no, not yet ... I think we shall start seeing something in the last half of June ...

Guest Janice

I dont understand why they dont have BB more than once a year. Also the payout should be more than 500,000. Survivor can do it why not BB.

I dont understand why they dont have BB more than once a year.  Also the payout should be more than 500,000. Survivor can do it why not BB.
Producers answered this last year on

That answer really doesn't make sense though if you think about it .. Survivor has about as many challenges as BB .. and they have that more than once a year ..

Even though I jonez for BB all year .. the amount of time I myself personally invest in the season, between bulletin boards, live feeds, recapping, and watching the shows .. *I* need the time off ..

Guest princessmean1

I hope this season BB6 gives us some real people. I'm so tired of the blonde bimbos and stupid jock/models. Nice to look at, but no substance. :twisted:

Guest Connect4

Sorry for the delay in answering your questions. My friend did not see any other contestants. I suspect the hotel thing with the "go to this room, then go to another room on another floor" rigamarole was designed in part to prevent that from happening. I recall hearing on the live feed last year (before BB told them to shut up about it) Jase talking about seeing people at "the hotel" in L.A. as a finalist and wondering if they might also be finalists. So even at that level I think they try and keep it secret.

Unless they were intentionally feeding him misinformation (and why would they do that?), the 40 finalists going to L.A. and 12 making the show is a firm thing. I asked him about it again the other day to be sure I hadn't misunderstood him on that. The only thing that might need to be clarified is the thing about being in Los Angeles the whole time. He said that they said to be prepared to be in L.A. the entire time of the show, but I think I misinterpreted that as meaning even if he was voted off in week one he'd have to be sequestered. I think in reality it means more than he would've needed to be prepared to be out there the whole time, not think if he only makes it halfway through he can then come home, etc.

But unless they have something in mind to "shock" the houseguests (i.e. celebrities, past participants, etc.), I'd bet on there being 12 people in the house.