Sign in to follow this  
Guest bobflow

TAR 9 application

Guest bobflow

While surfing the web found this interesting.

The application form and instructions are on the CBS Web site for The Amazing Race .

If you have trouble downloading the application forms from the CBS Web site, the mailing address for applications, or for any comments on the eligibility criteria (such as the rule permitting only citizens of the USA) is: World Race Productions, Inc., 4120 Del Rey Avenue, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA.

If you want to know what to include in your audition videotape, check out the audition tapes from the teams that were selected for The Amazing Race 3 on the CBS Web site -- click on the "Teams" tab, then click on each team for a page including a link to their audition video. That was the only season of The Amazing Race that the audition tapes were made public.

And don't forget that you don't have to get picked to be in the cast of a reality television show to take a trip around the world -- you can always do it yourself .

Good luck, and "Bon Voyage"!

[Further addendum, 8 February 2005: CBS-TV and the producers of "The Amazing Race" have announced that "The Amazing Race 8" will be for teams of 4 people (with a prior relationship to each other), instead of 2. They seem particularly interested in getting family teams, but I suspect that more of the applications will be form groups of friends. The application has been revised to call for teams of 4, but (1) the application and eligibility forms say explicitly that applications mayy be held over from one season to another, and teams of 2 that applied earlier may still be considered (and, presumably, invited to find 2 more teammates), (2) "The Amazing Race 9" is likely to revert to teams of 2, and (3) the producers can do anything they think will attract more viewers -- there are government rules for the fair conduct of "game shows" that apply to competitive reality-TV programs, but these rules don't apply to the selection of cast members/contestants. So if you are interested, I would still go ahead and apply, using whatever form is available, as early as possible, regardless of whether you have a team of 2 or 4.]

Guest cappy

Well I applied for The Amazing Race 8 and if your trying for that, its too late. The deadline was March 11, 2005 at 5 pm CST and if you were apart of an open casting call, it was March 15, 2005 at 5 pm CST if Im correct.

Guest bobflow

Cappy How about trying for Amazing Race 9. :D:D

Guest XandraSkye
So, who wants to apply with me? We could be the "Friends who Met on a 'The Amazing Race' Message Board" team. :D

NO, if anyone's going on the race w/ my house boy it will be ME!! :evil: ...On second thought, I would completely suck at it so maybe I would think about lending him out..afterall, you do have to keep the help happy.

Guest XandraSkye
Well, Cappy and I do live close to each other (he's only about 1 hr from me) but if he goes on The Amazing Race then who will do the all the spoilers? :D

He can sneak a little laptop and let us know FIRSTHAND what's going on! That's even better!!! :wink:

So, who wants to apply with me?  We could be the "Friends who Met on a 'The Amazing Race' Message Board" team.  :D

Cappy and Xandra

SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA :clap

Just the type thing that would be great hype AND fun to read profile material :wink:

If you two could make it on the show .... I'm sure we'd be sooo excited that we wouldn't care if we had any Spoilers or not :!:

Go for it :!: :!:

My husband and I tried to be the older couple on TAR7. I thought we should be a shoo in since I had been able to get on two other shows I had tried out for....NOT!!!

The video is actually hard to put together. Coming up with an idea and then editing it on my computer. What a pain! The questionaire is also quite long but it was fun to fill out.

CBS is accepting applications for 'Amazing Race 9'

Millions of viewers will watch as Teams, each with a pre-existing relationship, race around the world in THE AMAZING RACE. Never knowing where they'll go next or what they'll have to do once there, these Teams and their relationships will be put to the ultimate test as they'll have to work together to stay ahead of the rest. One by one, Teams will be eliminated, and in the end the first Team to cross the finish line will win a cool million dollars!

To apply for THE AMAZING RACE, you must complete the application form HERE and follow the instructions.

Guest ranster627

Is there a theme this time around Salter?

They are having a audition in Mt Pleasant SC which is like 30 mins from me Thursday but I cant go cause I could not be away from my kids.

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Ask Matt

Question: I know you are a fan of The Amazing Race. I noticed recently that they are asking for teams of two to try out for the next race. What happened to the family teams of four?? Did they decide it sucked? Did someone get hurt bad? I thought you might have some inside information.

Matt: My understanding is that the "family" version of Race is now in production, and I'm hoping everything goes off without adverse incident. Right now, the show appears to be casting for the next go-round, when things will return to normal.

Are they going to put any former reality stars like Romber in the eighth one? How about Steph and Rupert from Survivor as a team, that would rock!!!

Guest ranster627

Anyone know when TAR 9 starts?

Guest ranster627
I found a bunch of Info here

http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB...rd=TAR5spoilers

Looks like the end of February.

Thanks ... they seem to be all over the place on this from the beginning to the end of February .... I tend to believe the end of February after the Survivor Premiere because it would line up with a May Finale ....

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Amazing Race' Toes Starting Line in February

Monday, January 09, 2006 12:14 PM PT

philkeoghan_amazingracefamilyedition_240

Fans of "The Amazing Race" have done their best to forget this fall's underwhelming "Family Edition." Apparently CBS has too.

In announcing that the show will return to the airwaves at the end of February, the network makes no mention of the most recent installment, whose ratings lagged behind the two previous seasons. It does note, however, that the show "returns to its international format where teams of two will travel to exotic locations, spanning five continents."

All that will happen starting Tuesday, Feb. 28, when "The Amazing Race" launches its ninth run with a two-hour premiere. The announcement Monday (Jan. 9) follows on the heels of the unveiling of the latest group of "Survivor" contestants. That show returns Thursday, Feb. 2.

"Survivor" will have to face two weeks of NBC's Winter Olympics coverage after it premieres, but "The Amazing Race" will have no such hurdles. Its debut is scheduled for two days after the closing ceremonies in Torino, Italy.

Additionally, CBS says it's keeping the new dramedy "Love Monkey" in the 10 p.m. Tuesday hour after its Jan. 17 premiere; the original plan was to move it to 9 p.m. Tuesdays the following week.

In other scheduling news, UPN has bumped back the premiere date of its unscripted series "Get This Party Started." The show, originally scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 24, will now debut on Tuesday, Feb. 7.

................................................................................

(WOOOOHOOOOO There is your answer Ranster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Guest ranster627
'Amazing Race' Toes Starting Line in February

All that will happen starting Tuesday, Feb. 28, when "The Amazing Race" launches its ninth run with a two-hour premiere.

(WOOOOHOOOOO There is your answer Ranster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Thanks Dade!

Not that I have found. I did start a TAR 9 spoiler thread. Maybe some one will find something soon.