CBS to announce Celebrity Big Brother

Brekkie Boy

And no I'm not joking! Unfortunately for you, it's Celebrity Big Brother UK that's set to sign them up - lucky for me then!

Anna Nicole Smith has long been rumoured for the show, with Home Alone star Maculney Culkin rumoured to be joining her for up to three weeks in the Big Brother house. The latest rumour is veteran comedian Joan Rivers will also be moving in. Basketball star Dennis Rodman has also been rumoured.

Considering we can get a pretty decent line-up of D-list US celebs for the UK celebrity editions, it's a shame CBS don't consider a US Celebrity special.

The celebrity editions don't replace the regular seasons - they air in addition to them for a couple of weeks and ease the fans through their nine-month break from the regular series.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And no I'm not joking! Unfortunately for you, it's Celebrity Big Brother UK that's set to sign them up - lucky for me then!

Anna Nicole Smith has long been rumoured for the show, with Home Alone star Maculney Culkin rumoured to be joining her for up to three weeks in the Big Brother house. The latest rumour is veteran comedian Joan Rivers will also be moving in. Basketball star Dennis Rodman has also been rumoured.

Considering we can get a pretty decent line-up of D-list US celebs for the UK celebrity editions, it's a shame CBS don't consider a US Celebrity special.

The celebrity editions don't replace the regular seasons - they air in addition to them for a couple of weeks and ease the fans through their nine-month break from the regular series.

"Unfortunately" -- actually I think we are quite fortunate not to have it air in the US. Of course, if the UK ever wants to get even with us for sending Madonna and fake British accent there, they will make sure it turns up on UPN or some other syndicated television channel.

Saw something on CBS yesterday confirming that Mcauley Culkin has signed on for sure. Do they not offer 24/7 live feeds for the BBUK series? I couldn't find anything about this on the net. This show's only 3 weeks long . . . just a little bit longer than the wait til American Idol, so live feeds would be cool :)

I joked about this last week with the rumoured US celebs for the UK Celebrity version - but now AOL are reporting that CBS will announce the line-up for their own Celebrity Big Brother next week.

Meanwhile, CBS is expected to announce the next cast of 'Survivor,' and the cast of the first celebrity edition of 'Big Brother,' at some time next week.

http://tmz.aol.com/article2?id=20060106131209990001 (second paragraph from bottom)

This should be interesting - perhaps the likes of Maculney Culkin and Anna Nicole Smith, who were strongly rumoured for the UK version, will turn up here.

Also be interesting to see how they do it - the celeb version here in the UK is done over just a couple of weeks (23 days this year, the longest so far) with evictions every few days.

I would predict the show will follow it's usual three shows a week pattern, but with an eviction every episode.

RUMOR OR FACT...ONLY TIME WILL TELL

Courtesy of: reality blurred > the reality TV news digest

Friday, January 6

Big Brother 7

CBS reportedly announcing its own Celebrity Big Brother cast next week

CBS is expected to announce a US version of Celebrity Big Brother next week, according to a single sentence in an AOL TMZ.com story.

At the end of a story about the week in television, TMZ.com reports,

Guest Shockalot

Here is the interesting... and frustrating thing about this - its explains why I have been getting 'tips' and 'rumours' for almost a year now on a 'Celebrity Big Brother USA' and yet nobody has actually confirmed this from an official CBS source.

The Simple answer is that there hasn't been a definitive plan for his all along. CBS did indeed try and pull off a BBUSA 'All Stars' for BB6 and there is no doubt anymore that (at least on paper) an Amazing Race: Big Brother Alum was in the works.

Now I have also heard that this idea was dumped in favour of a US version of the BBUK 'Celebrity Edition' which Im told will not be 'BB7' but something of a shortened 'Winter Season' special Edition.

Simply Celebrity BB1.

6 Weeks.

Again, not getting any real 'Official' releases or finding any so hopefully Morty has some solid 'insider' confirmation on this??

Guest ranster627

a mini BB .... oh no ... two in one year ... not sure I can survive it ... if they have the celebrity one and it doesn't interefere with the real thing I will be there ...

It will be interesting to see if this is a "true" celebrity rumor OR the former houseguests have been deemed "celebrities" when in fact this season will be what we would refer to as an "all-stars" reunion season.

OK from what I have been able to find out this is the deal with US Celeb BB... The show will not have past house guests on it... It will in fact be people, as Ginger put it so well, the Brady boy, Anna Nicole Smith, Tammy-Faye racoon eyes and the wash-ups from Next Model... It's supposed to be a tamer version of the Surreal Life in a way... I don't know about the live feeds, but I will try to find out...

Don't we have the Surreal Life already? The big difference is live feeds, and if they have 'em the 'celebrities' (we all know they will be wash-ups) won't behave 'real.' And if the don't have live feeds - what's the point?

Just give me my good, old fashioned, real people without agents BB! Please? Please?

This is all so disturbing. They are ruining the whole premise of the game. Why don't those casting agents just go into supermarkets, restaurants and pharmacies and ask people if they want to be on the show. That will elimnate the actor wanna be's and any one else who thinks they may actually have a chance on television. :(

P.S. Who the hell wants to see some Amazonian like swedish woman prancing around half nude anyway...geesh ----live feeds will never be the same again. :blink:

This is all so disturbing. They are ruining the whole premise of the game. Why don't those casting agents just go into supermarkets, restaurants and pharmacies and ask people if they want to be on the show. That will elimnate the actor wanna be's and any one else who thinks they may actually have a chance on television. :(

P.S. Who the hell wants to see some Amazonian like swedish woman prancing around half nude anyway...geesh ----live feeds will never be the same again. :blink:

Well, now Ginger I wouldn't go that far - at least where that Swedish woman is concerned! :lol:

We can totally agree on the rest of the above - let's just get back the 'regular' guys and gals. They can be just as outlandish if you cast right - and less fake.

Well, now Ginger I wouldn't go that far - at least where that Swedish woman is concerned! :lol:

We can totally agree on the rest of the above - let's just get back the 'regular' guys and gals. They can be just as outlandish if you cast right - and less fake.

So sorrrrrrrrrrryyyy, didn't know that the Swede was that hot! Well Sly Stallone thought so anyway.

How bout this for a cast: Crappysucks, Sparklet, Gingersnaps, Fizzle, Spikes, Shockie, Neb and Orion, Yana, Flo, King of Reality and the professor and Maryann (Ha Ha Ha) Ohhhh.....I think it would be superb reality show t.v. :)

Please say it isn't so! I don't want to see some washed-up actors hamming it up for the cameras. Let's get back to the original idea, CBS. At least if they are "celebrities", as they choose to call them, maybe that WILL mean it will be an abbreviated version.

As long as they have the REAL BB on as well, it's okay with me - but if they trump it for this "celebrity" crap - that would be a big mistake! :angry:

So sorrrrrrrrrrryyyy, didn't know that the Swede was that hot! Well Sly Stallone thought so anyway.

How bout this for a cast: Crappysucks, Sparklet, Gingersnaps, Fizzle, Spikes, Shockie, Neb and Orion, Yana, Flo, King of Reality and the professor and Maryann (Ha Ha Ha) Ohhhh.....I think it would be superb reality show t.v. :)

Well, that would be fun, but unfair! You know we'd (you know who you are) kick their asses!

Oh wait! Didn't we already try that? It didn't quite work out, lol! :P

i find this idea very digusting. i got a glimps of that britney spears and kevin show when it was aired and it was very disturbing. nothing would be real. they would all be hamming it up for the cameras. not to mention they wouldnt be able to get the celebs that anyone wants.

i might change my mind if they had a ferret for a pet.

Oh that would be so funny!

Can you imagine!

Although I somehow think that we will all get on a lot better in real life than we do under the anonymity of the Internet

Archived