JC Monduix

Dade

10 minutes ago, Keepittogether said:

This always happens. Almost every season.  Dude, you can’t use the N word. It doesn’t matter that rappers use it or that you think you can justify it by the fact that you are of short stature and have faced discrimination.  It’s not okay.  Ever.

This nation was founded on 13 colonies that used slavery to build it.  That word was used for centuries to propagate the bile of it.

JC you’re done. 

Oh I know Kaitlyn used it didn't know JC did 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/18/2018 at 10:23 AM, Marty said:

Oh I know Kaitlyn used it didn't know JC did 

he used an example. Bayleigh asked if he was a dwarf and then asked if a dwarf and a midget were the same thing. He was explaining to little people midget is derogatory just  like N is to Black and she jumped on him to not say that word again that he isn't allowed.  So yes he said the word but it was in an attempt to explain she should not use midget to a little person.  Bad choice of words for both of them IMO

36 minutes ago, snancypants said:

he used an example. Bayleigh asked if he was a dwarf and then asked if a dwarf and a midget were the same thing. He was explaining to little people midget is derogatory just  like N is to Black and she jumped on him to not say that word again that he isn't allowed.  So yes he said the word but it was in an attempt to explain she should not use midget to a little person.  Bad choice of words for both of them IMO

Understood.  However neither dwarf or midget were words that were part of the typography to hold down a segment of the US population through slavery for over 400 years.  Just sayin.’

People throw terms around, without knowing their true meaning.  It’s much more likely that B didn’t know the power of her words than JC didn’t. I’ve only come to understand in the last few years that someone like JC should be called a “little person.”  But I’m not sure if it’s the right term.

6 hours ago, Keepittogether said:

Understood.  However neither dwarf or midget were words that were part of the typography to hold down a segment of the US population through slavery for over 400 years.  Just sayin.’

People throw terms around, without knowing their true meaning.  It’s much more likely that B didn’t know the power of her words than JC didn’t. I’ve only come to understand in the last few years that someone like JC should be called a “little person.”  But I’m not sure if it’s the right term.

Actually, slavery was only around in America (the colonies then the country) for about 250 years. It ended in 1865 with the 13th amendment. If words are being used to hold anybody down then it would help if African Americans stopped using those same words. I don't know any white people who use that word anymore, but I know plenty of blacks who do. JC should definitely get a pass, he's not from here.

Using the N word is well known to be a hurtful term. But, maybe because I'm older than all of these houseguests, using the M word for little people and (in the past) the R word for mentally challenged people are also hurtful.  I don't have the live feeds but from what I'm reading, it sounds like Bailey didn't understand that using the term "dwarf" and the M word could be hurtful to JC. I would hope JC knows that using the N word is hurtful but I think he was just using examples of comparing acceptable and not acceptable terms. He wasn't calling Bailey or anyone the N word.  Thats just the way I see it. 

48 minutes ago, Kspen said:

Using the N word is well known to be a hurtful term. But, maybe because I'm older than all of these houseguests, using the M word for little people and (in the past) the R word for mentally challenged people are also hurtful.  I don't have the live feeds but from what I'm reading, it sounds like Bailey didn't understand that using the term "dwarf" and the M word could be hurtful to JC. I would hope JC knows that using the N word is hurtful but I think he was just using examples of comparing acceptable and not acceptable terms. He wasn't calling Bailey or anyone the N word.  Thats just the way I see it. 

I agree, he didn't seem to know. I think the show is making more of it then need be. Maybe they're trying to compensate for last year's bullying.

first of all when Bayleigh told him not to say the word he triied to explain it was just used in an attempt to show her the power of the M word. Also, he emphasized dwarfism is a genetic issue and he is not a dwarf he is proportional and is simply very short.  It will be interesting to see how CBS spins the JC/Bayleigh conversation.

Well, in my humble opinion N word is a word that should never be used by anyone not matter what race they are.  The number of years of slavery in this country is  debatable depending on which historians you believe.  At any rate, everyone in and out of the United States (unless you are from a third world country) knows the meaning of the N word and that's is not a word that a person who is not black should ever say to a black person.  Period.  JC certainly didn't have venom behind his comment and Bayliegh also just seems ignorant of what the correct term is for a person of his size.

The way Julie Chen made special mention of Sunday's episode, the network clearly knows that it's an issue that they need to address.   This is mild though compared to some of the years where racism was blatant. I'm sure you all remember Aaryn Gries?  Calling Candice -  Aunt Jemima behind her back, telling Helen Kim to go make some rice?  Now that was really bad.  

I don't get into race issues much because they are not as prevalent here in Canada. However,  I can understand JC's point about explaining how the N word Is just as offensive to her as the M word is to him.  Imagine he's got more strikes against him than she has.  He's just a small statured person, he's also gay and his accent is difficult to understand what he says at times.  She is Black, period.  So she goes off all offended about it while he's still trying to explain to her what he was trying to convey.  She should get off her high horse and LISTEN. 

4 hours ago, WOC said:

I lied, I have more to say after watching last night's episode, I think Bay overreacted. JC wasn't calling anybody anything.This is much ado about nothing. 

I agree she overreacted and took it were it didn't need to go. Bay needs to put on her listening ears.

Yes I kinda thought Bayleigh over reacted a little bit at first and I do not think JC meant any harm by it when he made the comparison. However he did say the word instead of saying the N-Word. I think hearing the word straight out like that stung Bayleigh because in essences he was pointing it out to her. Would he had made the same comparison had someone else asked the question? I think it kinda made Bayliegh feel like if JC made that comparison to her, it subtly insinuated that she is the only N word in the house its just not nice to say it or point it out. When in all actuality she is not a N word and she is just another person in the BB house.

7 hours ago, WOC said:

I lied, I have more to say after watching last night's episode, I think Bay overreacted. JC wasn't calling anybody anything.This is much ado about nothing. 

ITA.  Why I didn't comment until after I'd seen last night's episode.

On 7/20/2018 at 8:22 PM, Keepittogether said:

Well, in my humble opinion N word is a word that should never be used by anyone not matter what race they are.  The number of years of slavery in this country is  debatable depending on which historians you believe.  At any rate, everyone in and out of the United States (unless you are from a third world country) knows the meaning of the N word and that's is not a word that a person who is not black should ever say to a black person.  Period.  JC certainly didn't have venom behind his comment and Bayliegh also just seems ignorant of what the correct term is for a person of his size.

The way Julie Chen made special mention of Sunday's episode, the network clearly knows that it's an issue that they need to address.   This is mild though compared to some of the years where racism was blatant. I'm sure you all remember Aaryn Gries?  Calling Candice -  Aunt Jemima behind her back, telling Helen Kim to go make some rice?  Now that was really bad.  

CBS could care less about this except to promote its own agenda. This was clear that JC was putting it in a context that Bayleigh might understand the term she used. It's the same thing. Whether you 'approve' or not, is another issue. JC was making an example. I thought the segment lasted way too long and didn't promote the game at all. Thanks CBS for consistantly providing your social justice 'values'. STOP THE POLITICS!!!!

50 minutes ago, Cocoabutta98 said:

Yes I kinda thought Bayleigh over reacted a little bit at first and I do not think JC meant any harm by it when he made the comparison. However he did say the word instead of saying the N-Word. I think hearing the word straight out like that stung Bayleigh because in essences he was pointing it out to her. Would he had made the same comparison had someone else asked the question? I think it kinda made Bayliegh feel like if JC made that comparison to her, it subtly insinuated that she is the only N word in the house its just not nice to say it or point it out. When in all actuality she is not a N word and she is just another person in the BB house.

I agree with you Cocoabutta98. If he would have said the "N-word" and not the actual word, I think the conversation would have gone completely different. In the conversation, I think it was completely clear that Bay did not know what she was saying was wrong and she was asking a question that I would bet at least half of the country doesn't understand. His comment was meant to sting her in an attempt to make his point, however, I do not think he meant any harm by it at the time.  However, I do not think it was an overreaction by Bayleigh and overall it was a worthwhile teachable moment.

Ultimately, this is a case of knowing your audience.  I do not think either one of them meant to be mean spirited to the other.  However, if you are using offensive words, toward a person in a group the word discriminates against, it’s not cool. 

My main point from earlier posts is that as a non-black person, it’s not okay to use that word toward a black person.  Ever.  I would also venture to say that most of the population in this country know that.  However I would guess, that only a small portion of the population know someone personally of JC’s stature, let alone know what terms they prefer to be identified by. It’s apparent to me now after seeing further footage on the incident that he was trying to make a comparison by using a word he thought she would understand.  He just made a bad choice in describing it.  And the fact that English is clearly not his first language didn’t help his ability to clarify his point. 

6 hours ago, CrazyBBFan said:

Everyone loves this guy.  He's going to become a target real soon because no one will want to sit next to him in the end.

I agree.  He is so floating under the radar right now someone is bound to notice.

The word cunt is forbidden and yet we don't say C word because it is too awful when it is only the English word for the Latin word vagina which though respectable is now called vajayjay because people are so ingrained that there is something wrong with this piece of anatomy of a woman where the word penis and even dick and cock are still acceptable. So where a woman's body is concerned we are supposed to think her too awful to speak of and the same goes for using other words. Now surely a woman ought not be called by that body part either in Latin or English and a person of any race ought not be called by the pejoratives that are rampant for all groups. However, when we ban a classic like Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain because he uses the term in a context of its time simply because that word is so awful, we are going too far. JC did not do anything wrong as he did not call the woman by the term. He used the term to let her know that the word she used was in the same category. If I write the word midget, I don't get banned and the other word is stupidly considered too awful to write. In truth, as long as I am not using the word against someone, it ought not be considered a racial slur. It is only a word that ought not be used against someone.

10 hours ago, NYROSE said:

The word cunt is forbidden and yet we don't say C word because it is too awful when it is only the English word for the Latin word vagina which though respectable is now called vajayjay because people are so ingrained that there is something wrong with this piece of anatomy of a woman where the word penis and even dick and cock are still acceptable. So where a woman's body is concerned we are supposed to think her too awful to speak of and the same goes for using other words. Now surely a woman ought not be called by that body part either in Latin or English and a person of any race ought not be called by the pejoratives that are rampant for all groups. However, when we ban a classic like Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain because he uses the term in a context of its time simply because that word is so awful, we are going too far. JC did not do anything wrong as he did not call the woman by the term. He used the term to let her know that the word she used was in the same category. If I write the word midget, I don't get banned and the other word is stupidly considered too awful to write. In truth, as long as I am not using the word against someone, it ought not be considered a racial slur. It is only a word that ought not be used against someone.

I agree 100%. Well put. JC was just explaining how the terms midget and little person was offensive just like the N word is to African Americans. She has got to go!

14 hours ago, NYROSE said:

Agreed! I heard something recently about banning Little House on the Prairie too. :rolleyes: