Paris Hilton

Jem

Well I can't believe that Ann Coulter (right right wing conservitive) is defending Paris saying she got a raw deal just because she is a celebritie.

Let's do everyone a favor and put Ann Coulter in jail instead. :lol:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah well the sheriff AND the judge should be in jail with her for feeding the friggin frenzy by making idiotic decisions. The sheriff's a buy-off and the judge is trying to save face. All losers.

Yeah well the sheriff AND the judge should be in jail

I am thinking that there is a power play going on between the judge and sheriff... Well I think it's mostly the judge...

Ok once a Judge passes down a sentence and the perp is handed over to the sheriff for incarceration, is not up to the sheriff or some panel to decide about early release or whatever?? Since when does the origional judge have any say in that? Can you imagine how bogged down thier case loads would be to have to follow up every detail of everyone they have judged thru thier time...

I honestly do not believe the average jane would have got 45 days for this same charge... Statistically speaking anyway...

On the other hand Paris is handling this like a 3 yr old having a meltdown in the grocery store.... She's no Martha Stewart...

When a judge passes down a sentence it may require mandatory jail time (whether or not the sheriff believes it to be too harsh). Example: The Douglasville 6 were older teens ranging in ages 15-17 who had sex with a 14-year old. She was a willing participant. The young men were sentenced to 10 years in jail and branded sexual predators. Even the sheriff believes this is wrong, but there's nothing he can do. Hell, there's nothing the judge can do because of mandatory sentencing rules.

A judge can also pass down a sentence with specific orders, like he did with Hilton. He ordered that there would be no house arrest or work release. The Sheriff took it upon himself, probably with the heavy influence of the smell of Hilton money, and ignored the order. The problem he created was the inmates, upon hearing about the ordeal and reasons, probably contacted lawyers saying they want the SAME treatment. But because they are not slathered in Hilton cash, won't get it. I could hear the paperwork being filed here on the east coast!

As far as Ann C speaking out, I'm not surprised. She's been out of the spotlight for a while and this was her in. She probably saw that most Americans were happy about Hilton returning to jail and thought the best way to get back into the headlines would be to say the opposite. She's as parasitic as Paris.

The Winkler case wasn't about cold blooded murder, it dealt with domestic abuse and a healthy cup of the crazies. If you want to talk about fairness in our justic system, the tribunal overseeing the gitmo detainees throughout several cases because the prisoners were not 'unlawfully' enemy combatants, which they have to be in order to stand trial. With their cases dismissed, are these prisoners allowed to return to their families? No, they remain in prison, with no writs of habeus corpes (thanks Bush), untill the administration can drum up other charges.

Inside information I had is that when she was in the first time she had access to the lounge and they stocked it with drinks and sodas for her. She could have all she wanted. She also got her own music too.

Right now she is in Twin Towers downtown LA in the psychiatric wing and will probably have a plush room and spend the rest of her time there. She will have all her meds and stupid ass Sheriff Lee Bacha can treat her like a little queen and there is nothing the judge can do about it.

I thought Sean Hannidy made one of the best comments about Paris. Even if the sentence was too harsh or not it could be the best thing that ever happened to her. It could save her life and change the way she lives her life. She could have had those 20 days to reflect on what she is doing wrong in her life.

Too bad she chose to be a screaming spoiled brat and get her way into a plush jail cell in the psych ward.

King her first offense was a DUI and it was pleaded to a different offense. Her license had restrictions on it that she chose to ignore. Then she got busted again with another warning. She again chose to drive a 2nd time on a suspended license and get arrested again. When do you think she should decide to abide by the law?

You know what I think law abiding people are angry about? The chose to always follow the law and others think that the laws and rules are not for them. I am so much against people that drink and drive. I have lost friends because of that. I won't even get in the car with my brother after he smokes a joint.

Just me....

I'm not saying she shouldn't be punished... Just saying the Judge was showboating...

The average person with the same charges would not have got the same time and conditions.... Even the Sheriff is saying that.... From what I see, he is the only one involved that isthinking clearly on this whole matter...

King her first offense was a DUI

Yes, she blew .08, not slobbering drunk but it is the minimum requirement for a dui charge... Judging by her size and the fact that if you don't eat the only thing to aborb the alchohol is your bloodstram and liver, one drink could prob put her at that... Unfourtunately alot of people would not hesitate to drive after one or two drinks...

Her license had restrictions on it that she chose to ignore.

With her, who knows... She could be telling the truth on this one, may have been a staff slip up... I am betting that the only envelope Paris has ever opened has been attached to a present or boquet of flowers!!

Just for your information and aside from what commentators might say Sheriff Bacha is very much disliked by his constituents. All of law enforcement wants him out. Jack's son Jason is a booking Sergeant for the LA Co. Sheriff.

I have a deal and my daughter had adopted the same commitment to never ever drive even with ONE drink. I have followed that for 30 years. Drinking and driving KILLS people and I would love to see the laws a lot stricter on DUI cases.

Boo Hoo ~ Paris will be out of the cushy psych ward in a week.

I'm not saying she shouldn't be punished... Just saying the Judge was showboating...

The Sheriff was showboating

The average person with the same charges would not have got the same time and conditions.

Really? Because a guy that used to work with me had almost the same thing happen to him. He violated his probation and had to serve 60 days. He was not in solitary during his stint and he also lost his job.

A friend of mine, an average Joe Schmoe who has always been employed full-time, involved in his community, plays sports, good looking, etc., and had no trouble whatsoever with the law previously, was out celebrating with his buddies one night and had quite a few too many. When he decided to leave the bar they were at to go home, his friends asked for his car keys, but he refused to hand them over. On his way home, he drove across the yellow lines into a field, went airborne, and came down between two trees. He was in the hospital for 3 days. When he arrived home, the authorities were waiting for him and charged him with DUI. His license was suspended for 90 days, he had regular appointments with a shrink, had to take DUI classes, and paid a fine of $1,200 + attorney's fees. If he did not follow through on any of those things, his butt was going to jail. Did he have poor judgment in not turning over his car keys to his friends when they asked for them? He sure did. Did he learn his lesson the first time around? He sure did.

Unfortunately, Ms. Hilton didn't learn her lesson the first time around, therefore, she got exactly what she deserved. Poor thing. She really seems to be having a rough time of it. :rolleyes:

http://www.tmz.com/

No you're right King almost isn't the same... So try this one on for size... My brother had a suspended license and was caught driving on it... 90 days in jail... No questions asked... He didn't get a second chance... He hadn't been drinking and driving... His license was suspended for tickets that hadn't been paid... Now you pick which is worse...

Because a guy that used to work with me had almost the same thing happen to him.

Almost doesn't count as the same...

You're right. And do you know why? Because

He violated his probation and had to serve 60 days. He was not in solitary during his stint and he also lost his job.

Yes, I saw all that in your earlier post... It's still irrelevant though, I said the average case not every case... I know people in Calif that have had more than one driving under suspension yet never spent over 24 hrs in jail...

Now you pick which is worse...

I wanna know what the prize is first...

She ahs decided not to appeal her sentence. thats good and if she goes thru with it and serves her time in jail without the BS claims my respect for her will climb a little. Hopefully she will remember and learn not to risk other peoples lives. Hey king lets remember she is not in jail for driving under suspension. Shes in jail for violating her probation. Theres a difference.

It's still irrelevant though, I said the average case not every case.

I think it is relevant because what you actually stated was,

The average person with the same charges would not have got the same time and conditions.

Now you're trying to backpedal and say it isn't relevant. Sorry, but that's not working for me. I would think you would man up at this point, but we can always agree to disagree on this issue. Maybe you can write to Paris while she's incarcerated. I imagine she is very lonely. You can be her prison pen pal and ask her if she is wearing panties while in jail. LOL. ;)

TheStilesClan, you made an excellent point. There is a difference between driving under suspension and violating probation.

Yana, I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your brother. He got a raw deal. :(

He did get a raw deal, but he also learned a valuable lesson... He makes sure his fines are paid now... I just hope that Paris learns the right lesson too...

Pretty much that is what I want to say like Yana.

I think this has the potential to change her life for the better. I think time in jail might make her reflect on her life and how she wants to live it. I may be wrong but I think after this we will see a different Paris.

I agree Marty... She just needs to learn that you can't just get by because you have money... I think this maybe the lesson she needed... I think if this hasn't happened to her, she may have died... I don't look at this as a bad thing for her... I am hoping it's a good lesson and she's better for having gone through it...

Thanks for stating my thoughts on this Marty and Yana. That saved me I post cause totally agree. And who knows maybe she will come out of this a better person and then I will have even more respect for her. People with money treally need to learn they arent above the law. Look at Ty Pennington he has owned up to his mistake. Lets hope Paris follows suit.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name