Big Brother General Discussion

11 hours ago, Canucklehead said:

When everyday people play a game for half a million dollars sometimes the gloves come off ... Call it poor sportsmanship but regardless they will all back stab each other for the big prize if they can grasp that they are playing a game.

Backstabbing is to be expected in this type of game. That is just the nature of the game.  It's never been pretty. A group of people trying to completely demoralize someone is an entirely different matter.

Blindsiding people and misleading others about what your next move or vote will be is just gameplay. Personally attacking someone isn't and it's ugly. Ive watched this game since the beginning, when viewers actually voted people off the very first season. The majority of players have not needed to behave in such a manner. Yes, there have been blow ups and confrontations as personalities clash, but a large group attacking a much smaller group on such a personal level is simply ridiculous.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Americano said:

I totally agree with you! I understand this is a game and people will lie and cheat but this mob mentality this is taking it to another level plus attacking Cody's Military Character even Evil Dick said don't do that. Paul is a low individual but so are his lil minions like Josh. Josh is a tool I feel embarrassed to find out he's cuban as well and acts like that a complete joke he's not one of us that's for sure. Mark I think is the most reasonable person he knows when he does wrong and admits it and yeah he cries and what not but he defends himself and not even Elena backs him up.

Thanks for your input.  Yes, Josh is a sad representative of Cuban community & I believe we all know Cubans who come here are hard working great people and a benefit to our nation & who love & respect what USA stands for.  I have been thinking that if the prisoners at Gitmo were being treated as Paul & his crew have been treating Cody & Jess the ACLU & masses of attorneys would have been all over that place, AS THEY SHOULD BE if it happens.  

But it seems production talked to Paul & crew & told them to back off.  We could see that after time in DR they immediately stopped HARASSING & PAUL BEGAN SAYING HE DIDN'T WANT TO CAUSE HARM TO ANYONE, SUCH BS !! Paul is a psychopath.  He has no empathy for others, pathological liar, unscrupulous, pretends to have feelings for others ONLY TO GET WHAT HE WANTS, etc.  I know the type.  They feel nothing for others and FEEL HAPPY WATCHING OTHERS BEING HURT.  Sick people.  And that is why most of us were shocked & dismayed when we saw Paul come back.  Shocked & angry.  We saw who/what he was last season & were grateful that he didnt win the $500,000.  Time will tell what happens this season. If Paul wins I will never watch this show again.

52 minutes ago, Hikiki said:

Backstabbing is to be expected in this type of game. That is just the nature of the game.  It's never been pretty. A group of people trying to completely demoralize someone is an entirely different matter.

Blindsiding people and misleading others about what your next move or vote will be is just gameplay. Personally attacking someone isn't and it's ugly. Ive watched this game since the beginning, when viewers actually voted people off the very first season. The majority of players have not needed to behave in such a manner. Yes, there have been blow ups and confrontations as personalities clash, but a large group attacking a much smaller group on such a personal level is simply ridiculous.

Very well said. What we have seen here is mob rule as their dictator gave them orders they followed.  I really hope they all read our posts & realize how weak they are.  BB had better use more discretion next season.  Can't they find intelligent assertive thinkers?  I didn't like Derrick but the guy had class & did not torture anyone.  He was a brilliant game player.  

18 hours ago, Roli said:

Um, it's a game.  Everyone should have known what they were getting into.  It's about acting (yes, it is) and manipulating and lying , along with using your brain and body to win comps..  As for Cody, I'd say "thank you for your service", but that doesn't give him carte blanche to be an ass to people.  If he's broken, he shouldn't be on the show.   And by the way, Megan is also a veteran.  Christmas is not.  She worked WITH the military, but didn't serve.

Blast away at me.  I've got thick skin.  :)

9 hours ago, Roli said:

Wow.  Equating Paul to Charles Manson is a stretch.  And ridiculous.  Reminder:  It's a game.  Nobody is going to get killed.  SMH

Were you awake when Paul was ordering his crew to put such severe pressure, confrontation, harassment on Jody that it PUSHES CODY OVER THE EDGE CAUSING HIM TO LASH OUT !!  That is over the top & we will see others, hopefully other winners of BB of speaking, out re what has happened here.  

8 hours ago, Canucklehead said:

It is getting rather ridiculous ... I get people don't like Paul for whatever reasons but my goodness Manson yuck!

The worst part is suddenly Mark is getting the free pass even though he's the only one that actually committed what is technically an assault on another human being .... If Paul had done that I think some folks would be screaming for an automatic eviction from the game .... Funny game this Big Brother is ;)

it

13 minutes ago, Aldrich said:

Were you awake when Paul was ordering his crew to put such severe pressure, confrontation, harassment on Jody that it PUSHES CODY OVER THE EDGE CAUSING HIM TO LASH OUT !!  That is over the top & we will see others, hopefully other winners of BB of speaking, out re what has happened here.  

Yes, I was awake.  It was dirty and vicious, and I never said I approved of it.  Ever.  I don't.  In fact, I also said it was "over the top".  It's gang-mentality bullying.  That being said, it is NOTHING like what Charles Manson coerced his cult into doing and it was ridiculous for anyone to make that comparison.  Paul is a manipulating contestant on a reality show.  Manson is an insane monster and when he finally drops dead I will say, "Finally!"  I am sickened that he gets ANY attention at all. 

I don't know what's up with people that think that just because someone doesn't care for Cody that they must love Paul.  I don't care who wins.  I'm not particularly fond of any of these HGs, but I'm entertained by the show.  That's why I watch.  I'm not one of those people who proclaim that I'm never going to watch again just because my favorite player isn't doing so great.  I've got no skin in the game.  It's just a summer diversion.   

1 hour ago, Aldrich said:

Thanks for your input.  Yes, Josh is a sad representative of Cuban community & I believe we all know Cubans who come here are hard working great people and a benefit to our nation & who love & respect what USA stands for.  I have been thinking that if the prisoners at Gitmo were being treated as Paul & his crew have been treating Cody & Jess the ACLU & masses of attorneys would have been all over that place, AS THEY SHOULD BE if it happens.  

But it seems production talked to Paul & crew & told them to back off.  We could see that after time in DR they immediately stopped HARASSING & PAUL BEGAN SAYING HE DIDN'T WANT TO CAUSE HARM TO ANYONE, SUCH BS !! Paul is a psychopath.  He has no empathy for others, pathological liar, unscrupulous, pretends to have feelings for others ONLY TO GET WHAT HE WANTS, etc.  I know the type.  They feel nothing for others and FEEL HAPPY WATCHING OTHERS BEING HURT.  Sick people.  And that is why most of us were shocked & dismayed when we saw Paul come back.  Shocked & angry.  We saw who/what he was last season & were grateful that he didnt win the $500,000.  Time will tell what happens this season. If Paul wins I will never watch this show again.

I think production waited a little bit too long before talking with Paul.  I would have thought they were thinking about ratings but I doubt that much of it will be aired.  CBS would look terrible if the masses knew what they had allowed "their boy" to do.  And it shows how much production is working with Paul when he is the one they told to calm down because they knew he would pass the word down to the rest of the minions.

34 minutes ago, Roli said:

it

Yes, I was awake.  It was dirty and vicious, and I never said I approved of it.  Ever.  I don't.  In fact, I also said it was "over the top".  It's gang-mentality bullying.  That being said, it is NOTHING like what Charles Manson coerced his cult into doing and it was ridiculous for anyone to make that comparison.  Paul is a manipulating contestant on a reality show.  Manson is an insane monster and when he finally drops dead I will say, "Finally!"  I am sickened that he gets ANY attention at all. 

I don't know what's up with people that think that just because someone doesn't care for Cody that they must love Paul.  I don't care who wins.  I'm not particularly fond of any of these HGs, but I'm entertained by the show.  That's why I watch.  I'm not one of those people who proclaim that I'm never going to watch again just because my favorite player isn't doing so great.  I've got no skin in the game.  It's just a summer diversion.   

Cody is not my favorite player but I hope he wins over Paul.  As a matter of fact,  I hope Paul does not make it into jury.  It will serve the little weasel right if the tables get turned and production starts to help Jody.  I would like for one of the to win HOH and POV and send Paul's behind home next week.

21 minutes ago, Newby said:

Cody is not my favorite player but I hope he wins over Paul.  As a matter of fact,  I hope Paul does not make it into jury.  It will serve the little weasel right if the tables get turned and production starts to help Jody.  I would like for one of the to win HOH and POV and send Paul's behind home next week.

I wasnt a huge Paul fan last year yet his game play then was honorable by far in compared to this season.  He to me seems to be the so called bully of the house letting others torment so that he doesnt have his own name smeared.  When push comes to shove Cody was right to begin with to try and get rid of the vet first.  Now that was smart game play.  Had it worked we would have a whole new ball game here and perhaps we would see others playing the game????  All I am seeing this year is a puppet master telling everyone else what they should and should not be doing.  I really do not see others having or using their own brains here.  The object is to WIN not just give the game to someone else.  Right now because of thier actions they are giving the game right to Paul in his lap.  Paul cracks me up when he says I dont mind if I dont win LMAO yeah right Paul give me a break then why are you even there lol.

27 minutes ago, PinkyLee said:

I wasnt a huge Paul fan last year yet his game play then was honorable by far in compared to this season.  He to me seems to be the so called bully of the house letting others torment so that he doesnt have his own name smeared.  When push comes to shove Cody was right to begin with to try and get rid of the vet first.  Now that was smart game play.  Had it worked we would have a whole new ball game here and perhaps we would see others playing the game????  All I am seeing this year is a puppet master telling everyone else what they should and should not be doing.  I really do not see others having or using their own brains here.  The object is to WIN not just give the game to someone else.  Right now because of thier actions they are giving the game right to Paul in his lap.  Paul cracks me up when he says I dont mind if I dont win LMAO yeah right Paul give me a break then why are you even there lol.

Welcome to Morty's.  

Yes, Paul is the puppet master, but should HE be faulted for that?  Or should those who are doing his bidding be faulted for not playing better?  I think the latter.  I see a lot of fault in Paul's game, but being able to manipulate others is not bad game play.  JMO

1 hour ago, Newby said:

.......... I would like for one of the to win HOH and POV and send Paul's behind home next week.

That would definitely make it a more interesting week, but for it to mean much, Jessica and Cody have to get a social game going for themselves.  I watched a bit of the live feeds last night and they did seem to be integrating more.  When they go off by themselves to sulk or have sex, it doesn't help their game.  I don't see Raven or Matt aligning with them, and Christmas is playing her social game and is much more likely to have the Paul team gravitate to her rather than to Jessica and Cody.  That's the way I see it, but who knows.  

32 minutes ago, Roli said:

Welcome to Morty's.  

Yes, Paul is the puppet master, but should HE be faulted for that?  Or should those who are doing his bidding be faulted for not playing better?  I think the latter.  I see a lot of fault in Paul's game, but being able to manipulate others is not bad game play.  JMO

I agree the others should start playing their own game and stop being followers to the puppet master Paul.  But again we all saw exactly how far Cody got with that for even trying.  Now the other nit wits are afraid the same will happen to them so they are not even trying.  Im not seeing any risk playing at all this season.  Im seeing adults acting like children banging pots and pans putting vaseline onto various things etc.  All need to grow up grow and set and play the game.  I think the only one with a brain in his head is Kevin and if he can wins some comps Id like to see him use it.  

11 hours ago, Canucklehead said:

It is getting rather ridiculous ... I get people don't like Paul for whatever reasons but my goodness Manson yuck!

The worst part is suddenly Mark is getting the free pass even though he's the only one that actually committed what is technically an assault on another human being .... If Paul had done that I think some folks would be screaming for an automatic eviction from the game .... Funny game this Big Brother is ;)

I missed that who did he assault...

12 hours ago, Canucklehead said:

49 minutes ago, Roli said:

omg are you joking .....

1 hour ago, Roli said:

Dick poured a glass of iced tea on Jen's head and it wasn't an assault. At least BB is consistent in that one. My problem with all these posts is many believe Paul is a Mastermind of evil and a puppet master but not once is it stated that people should be accountable for their own damn actions. Someone said we as a society teach people to lie and cheat and I say we do more of teaching people to blame others and not be responsible for themselves. 

25 minutes ago, Lamasquerade said:

Dick poured a glass of iced tea on Jen's head and it wasn't an assault. At least BB is consistent in that one. My problem with all these posts is many believe Paul is a Mastermind of evil and a puppet master but not once is it stated that people should be accountable for their own damn actions. Someone said we as a society teach people to lie and cheat and I say we do more of teaching people to blame others and not be responsible for themselves. 

agreed - there is plenty of blame to go around - it starts with Paul but these fools just blindly follow along despite the fact that at least some of them know in their hearts that this type of behavior benefits no one and only hurts them - not sure about them but I was not raised to react like that - and by that I mean do something I know in my heart is wrong simply because someone told me to - weren't they?  talk about Josh's parents and what they must be feeling - what about the others?  and no I don't care how old they are - shame on the lot of them - right now I am rooting for Cody and Jess - they at this moment have more courage and honor in their pinkies than the rest of the house has in their combined bodies -  

51 minutes ago, graceomalley said:

right now I am rooting for Cody and Jess - they at this moment have more courage and honor in their pinkies than the rest of the house has in their combined bodies -  

I definitely agree with that. Although things look bad for Jody right now, things could change with a couple of wins. If Jess saves them this week. Cody or Jess win HOH and makes the right move for eviction, they could end up with the upper hand in two weeks. They would need back to back wins for the core group of Jody and Mark. Then if they took out Alex and then Xmas, they would not have to specifically target Paul to rally the house to their side. But they have to win to get things started.

to much Paul hate. Its all on them. Cody is the worst player ever.  What he did to Megan when he put her on the block was uncalled for and he has no game play.  Hope Jess and Cody do not win HOH and one of them go home. Then the game can really start.

2 hours ago, graceomalley said:

agreed - there is plenty of blame to go around - it starts with Paul but these fools just blindly follow along despite the fact that at least some of them know in their hearts that this type of behavior benefits no one and only hurts them - not sure about them but I was not raised to react like that - and by that I mean do something I know in my heart is wrong simply because someone told me to - weren't they?  talk about Josh's parents and what they must be feeling - what about the others?  and no I don't care how old they are - shame on the lot of them - right now I am rooting for Cody and Jess - they at this moment have more courage and honor in their pinkies than the rest of the house has in their combined bodies -  

And I agree with you re upbringing.  In my home growing up and in my home with my children we never swore.  Needless to say we were taught not to lie, to have compassion for others, etc. same with my children.  If I ever saw my children behave like these idiots i would be humiliated. 

4 hours ago, watchers said:

omg are you joking .....

Hey, I don't personally consider it to be an assault on the level of hitting someone, but as for it being assault in the legal sense, I don't know.  I'm pretty sure that we're not allowed to go around throwing liquids on people.  I think the point that Lamasquerade was making was that if Paul did it, there would be an uproar, but Mark got a pass.  

Do I think that Mark should be ejected for it?  Absolutely not.  Do I think that Paul haters would think he should be ejected if he did it?  Absolutely.  

52 minutes ago, rubyred08 said:

to much Paul hate. Its all on them. Cody is the worst player ever.  What he did to Megan when he put her on the block was uncalled for and he has no game play.  Hope Jess and Cody do not win HOH and one of them go home. Then the game can really start.

I don't particularly like Paul, but he's the best game player at this point.  Oh, and I don't hate Paul either.  And Cody sucks.  :D

9 minutes ago, Roli said:

I don't particularly like Paul, but he's the best game player at this point.  Oh, and I don't hate Paul either.  And Cody sucks.  :D

Trust me, we all know you don't hate Paul! Hehehehe!

So what's the consensus? Will BB show what really happened, as far as the bullying goes, this week? Or will they show Paul telling his minions that they have to stay classy. I'm betting on them trying to show Paul in a good light and not the ringleader of hate that he let loose on the house. I hope they show the dirty side of it all, especially how Raven lied and then was jumping all bad in the back yard. But I won't get my hopes up.

1 hour ago, rubyred08 said:

What did he do when he put her on the block....

He told her he didn't like her....