Cody & Jessica

5 minutes ago, Hikiki said:

I'm not offended.

It's just the way they started and went about their relationship that makes it unlikely. It isn't built on much. Jessica often looks like she is living a role and Cody doesn't seem to have good relationship skills. In real life, he may speak back to her more than just take her rants. They both don't seem like the type that will bend to the others life style.

I don't really care enough about them to hate them. It was a stray observation and thought

I doubt they'll make it too. More power to them if they do.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Aldrich said:

'Social reject and general asshole'?!  Please tell me what Cody has done that causes you to make that reference?  If you saw his interview, he seemed a happy, likeable guy who was looking forward to being on BB.  But then Paul, the real asshole, showed up and BB set him up for a probable win/takeover.  We have seen Paul urge Josh on, realizing Josh's mental limitations, and then urging the weak minded mob to viciously attack Cody, trying to go for the jugular to take him down(which they did to my shock and amazement).  Knowing he served in war and trying to put pressure on what the presumed to be his weakness.  

It infuriates me to read posts tearing apart Cody's character.  How about you strap on a gun, live in desert for years, having to kill other human beings, face children with suicide vests on (trying to get the courage to decide do I or don't I need take down that child).  Wonder if you would have some odd facial expressions and reactions when confronted with certain stresses.  You can and should RESPECT AND THANK ALL VETERANS for your freedoms and for sacrificing everything so that we all can live in safety in our great nation.  Too many here are just like the weak mob on BB this season.  Weak minded and cruel.

You don't know anything about me, and you don't know what I have and haven't done.  

It's funny, yet sad, the way some here get infuriated (LOL) about a reality television show.  Take a breath and try to get some perspective.  For your own good.  :)

12 hours ago, PF364 said:

Concur!  Someone asked in another thread where my respect to Cody is as a former Marine...  Respect is EARNED in my book, not given away on a credit system.  Just because someone served, does not mean they deserve my, or anyone else's immediate respect. 

Ex: Bo Berghahl served, do you respect him as much as Chris Kyle or Rob O'Neill?  How about the Manning kid?  He/She, Her/Him??  My respect?  They as well as a few others expect it... um, no, it MUST be earned in my book.  

And my God, can they (Jess and Cody) ever go anywhere by themselves?  They even have to visit the commode together.  WTF???

Cody is an honorably discharged veteran, yet, you group him in with a possible deserter and a guy/girl who was found guilty of leaking classified material. He's already served his time in service and was honorably discharged, he cannot "earn" your respect as a Marine. Whether you respect his game play on BB is up to you, but if you don't mind, please don't use his BB life to trash what he's done in his real life.  

5 minutes ago, joystiick said:

Cody is an honorably discharged veteran, yet, you group him in with a possible deserter and a guy/girl who was found guilty of leaking classified material. He's already served his time in service and was honorably discharged, he cannot "earn" your respect as a Marine. Whether you respect his game play on BB is up to you, but if you don't mind, please don't use his BB life to trash what he's done in his real life.  

I sure didn't see where PF364 disrespected his SERVICE.  We only see how he's acting in the BB house.  He certainly doesn't act honorably NOW.   He's acting like an ass.  It's no wonder that he's "not close" (his words) with his family.  

11 hours ago, Roli said:

I feel the same way.  There are a lot of honorable great people who have served in the military, and then there are some like Cody.  Social rejects and general assholes.  I have no respect for someone who acts like he does.  

So, because of the way Cody plays or act on BB, he did not serve honorably in the military? Why is it people feel as though they have to trash the contestant's personal life to justify their feelings toward their BB life? I don't know Cody personally, but I do know that the people who serve in the military sacrifice a lot and their service to this country and the people of this country don't deserve to be crapped on. If you want to crap on his service, show me where he dishonored his uniform, his country, his service, his fellow marines, soldiers, etc.

Just now, joystiick said:

So, because of the way Cody plays or act on BB, he did not serve honorably in the military? Why is it people feel as though they have to trash the contestant's personal life to justify their feelings toward their BB life? I don't know Cody personally, but I do know that the people who serve in the military sacrifice a lot and their service to this country and the people of this country don't deserve to be crapped on. If you want to crap on his service, show me where he dishonored his uniform, his country, his service, his fellow marines, soldiers, etc.

You have a very special way of interpreting the words of others.  It's more honest to at least TRY to comprehend before commenting.  Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Roli said:

I sure didn't see where PF364 disrespected his SERVICE.  We only see how he's acting in the BB house.  He certainly doesn't act honorably NOW.   He's acting like an ass.  It's no wonder that he's "not close" (his words) with his family.  

He disrespects Cody's service by grouping him in with criminals. Please point to the criminal act that Cody committed against his country? 

He disrespects Cody's service by grouping him in with criminals. Please point to the criminal act that Cody committed against his country? 

No, he didn't.  He made an analogy.  If you don't know what that means, you could look it up.  It could be your learning experience for the day.  :)

2 minutes ago, Roli said:

You have a very special way of interpreting the words of others.  It's more honest to at least TRY to comprehend before commenting.  Thanks.

You said, "There are a lot of honorable great people who have served in the military, and then there are some like Cody. " meaning Cody is excluded from that group of "honorable great people who served in the military". Your words. 

My two cents on the two of them together (since this is the Cody AND Jessica thread) - I'm fine with showmances - I don't think it's a great idea, but sometimes I even get sucked into rooting for a "couple" (like Jeff and Jordan for instance).  These two are just too damn much - they are constantly joined at the hip (or other body parts), they are constantly sucking face, and they have isolated themselves from the beginning.  If Cody had stayed gone, I think Jessica would have been tolerable, and maybe even entertaining.  But the two of them together -- ICK.   It will be interesting to see what Cody is like without Jessica. 

You said, "There are a lot of honorable great people who have served in the military, and then there are some like Cody. " meaning Cody is excluded from that group of "honorable great people who served in the military". Your words. 

Yes, and I didn't say he didn't honorably serve.  He's acting in a dishonorable way NOW.  You appear to be intent on misinterpreting and misunderstanding.  That's sad. 

4 minutes ago, SugarB said:

My two cents on the two of them together (since this is the Cody AND Jessica thread) - I'm fine with showmances - I don't think it's a great idea, but sometimes I even get sucked into rooting for a "couple" (like Jeff and Jordan for instance).  These two are just too damn much - they are constantly joined at the hip (or other body parts), they are constantly sucking face, and they have isolated themselves from the beginning.  If Cody had stayed gone, I think Jessica would have been tolerable, and maybe even entertaining.  But the two of them together -- ICK.   It will be interesting to see what Cody is like without Jessica. 

Jessica has actually encouraged him to act out after she's gone.  Why would she do that, instead of encouraging him to play to win.  Maybe she wants him ejected?  Who knows.

8 minutes ago, Roli said:

No, he didn't.  He made an analogy.  If you don't know what that means, you could look it up.  It could be your learning experience for the day.  :)

Definitions for analogy: 1. a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification. 2. a correspondence or partial similarity. 3.a thing that is comparable to something else in significant respects. In other words, Cody's service is compared or equated to that of criminals and is not deserving of respect. 

4 minutes ago, joystiick said:

Definitions for analogy: 1. a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification. 2. a correspondence or partial similarity. 3.a thing that is comparable to something else in significant respects. In other words, Cody's service is compared or equated to that of criminals and is not deserving of respect. 

I can't help you.  Sorry.

*steps carefully into this thread*  I'm still rooting for both of them - I'm probably in the minority in that, but they seem to be the only ones who see Paul for what he truly is - they are also, it would seem, the only two willing to go against him - Jess is smart and she refuses to take any crap from anyone but that just might be her biggest problem - as for Cody - I'm keeping his Military service separate from his time on BB - what I see is a guy who has not reacted unless a threat - perceived or not - is thrown at Jess - that makes him defensive - it could be seen as a gentleman defending his loved ones honor, or it could be viewed as a really bad move - I see it as both - I do think they need to be moving about the house more alone and together though - still hoping for them to pull through and knock Paul out - of the game NOT unconscious  - Paul is the problem in all of this - not them -

20 minutes ago, graceomalley said:

*steps carefully into this thread*  I'm still rooting for both of them - I'm probably in the minority in that, but they seem to be the only ones who see Paul for what he truly is - they are also, it would seem, the only two willing to go against him - Jess is smart and she refuses to take any crap from anyone but that just might be her biggest problem - as for Cody - I'm keeping his Military service separate from his time on BB - what I see is a guy who has not reacted unless a threat - perceived or not - is thrown at Jess - that makes him defensive - it could be seen as a gentleman defending his loved ones honor, or it could be viewed as a really bad move - I see it as both - I do think they need to be moving about the house more alone and together though - still hoping for them to pull through and knock Paul out - of the game NOT unconscious  - Paul is the problem in all of this - not them -

I totally agree. Baring a miracle, Jess is done tomorrow night. Cody may play the game differently without her, but I do not see him being true to anyone in particular. Everyone in the house has betrayed him in this game. I respect that he isn't trying to kiss ass. 

Most of the "hate" towards Jess and Cody doesn't really mean much. I seriously doubt anyone actually hates them. I can't stand Paul's game play; who knows though, he may be an all right guy out of the house. Josh too. I don't actually hate either of them, or any of the people I don't care for in the house. I do find it funny when people say the are afraid of Cody because he doesn't show emotion or looks too serious, or whatever. I mean seriously? Do they ever leave their house? Or do they just live in Podunk? The thing about this game is that a person can't hide who they really are because they are constantly under the microscope. 

30 minutes ago, graceomalley said:

I think Cody's game ended up doomed in the first week. By not telling his alliance what he was doing, it made him look like he was only playing for himself. So, his alliance turned on him. Now, I think he is having a hard time coming around and playing with the others because he doesn't understand why all of them turned on him so easily. However, he really needs to try and put that aside and start working on planting some seeds of distrust about the others. I don't think he has to be Mr Chatty, but, he needs to make his chats count for something. 

3 hours ago, Kstod1325 said:

I personally could not sit all day and night and look into someone's eyes.  Sometimes I look at these two and wonder how they will do when show is over and real life sets in.  That much attachment would does not seem normal.  

Neither of them appear to have deep thoughts, so how can they do much more than stare stupidly at each other.

6 hours ago, Roli said:

You don't know anything about me, and you don't know what I have and haven't done.  

It's funny, yet sad, the way some here get infuriated (LOL) about a reality television show.  Take a breath and try to get some perspective.  For your own good.  :)

Yes, I do get furious if someone shows any disrespect to a veteran.  And fortunately, most in our nation feel the same way.  And so,  much has been said,  and now let the game continue.  

Another stray observation

She touches his face too much. It would freak me out if someone grabbed my face the way she does so often. My face is my private space and not even my lover should be touching it. He is more respectful and will touch closer to the back of her head. 

Just now, Hikiki said:

Another stray observation

She touches his face too much. It would freak me out if someone grabbed my face the way she does so much. My face is mine and not even my lover should be touching it. He is more respectful and will touch closer to the back of her head. 

She touches her own face too much too.  That's why her complexion is so bad (and why she has to wear so much makeup).

13 hours ago, joystiick said:

Damn... Step away from this thread for a while and it seems all hell breaks loose.  Now, Roli, I WAS making an analogy, but not in reference to Cody and Bergdahl as Aldrich seems to insinuate.  I think you understood this, and I appreciate the fact that you can see the forest for the trees.  

The comparison that I was making was about how some seem to think that ALL that served are DUE respect.  Never did I mention that Cody did not have my respect, only that respect needs to be earned, IMO.  Dealt with too many that were anything but honorable.**

As for Aldrich's reply to Roli: Inpart reads:

"It infuriates me to read posts tearing apart Cody's character.  How about you strap on a gun, live in desert for years, having to kill other human beings, face children with suicide vests on (trying to get the courage to decide do I or don't I need take down that child).  Wonder if you would have some odd facial expressions and reactions when confronted with certain stresses.  You can and should RESPECT AND THANK ALL VETERANS for your freedoms and for sacrificing everything so that we all can live in safety in our great nation.  Too many here are just like the weak mob on BB this season.  Weak minded and cruel."

1st part:  Son... you have NO idea.  Not all are/ were boots on the ground... Some were busy flying insertion/extraction missions, sometimes in a hot zone under heavy fire, sometimes in response to smoke that was popped, giving cover fire, etc... Certain things were done to make sure NO ONE was left behind, man/woman, didn't matter.  Didn't even matter what branch they served, or where they were, either in the desert, jungle or wherever the help was needed.  I'm sure that the majority of said actions you were not on a need to know basis, nor was it mission critical to you, unless you were the one in need, and if that was the case, you are welcome.

2nd part:  Please see the second paragraph of my response.  I can assure you, I am anything but weak minded... yet there are those who felt I could be cruel.  Two totally different things.

13 hours ago, joystiick said:

**Again, unless English is your second language, (and if it is, good for you) your comprehension skills are lacking.  Please see above.

Now, if you both are done trying to poke an old Fox.. can we please get back to the topic of Big Brother 19, or is that too much to ask?

Oh, and who is this "He" you reference?