A little bit more about Raven...

I found links to these videos on the Big Brother reddit. I was trying to find more info on her condition that results in her having a pacemaker in her stomach.

In the first video, she is 15. In the second she is 20. She is now 23.

I was undecided about her. Kind of liked her but thought the bubbly personality would become annoying fast, But, holy cow, what a terrible disease for this young woman to be living with. Just amazing that she keeps that happy and bright personality. Hope she does well in the game.  

14 minutes ago, straykat said:

I was undecided about her. Kind of liked her but thought the bubbly personality would become annoying fast, But, holy cow, what a terrible disease for this young woman to be living with. Just amazing that she keeps that happy and bright personality. Hope she does well in the game.  

You could have knocked me over with a feather when I watched the first video. Her over-the-top bubbly attitude during her Jeff interview had me hoping she would be out fast. I no longer feel that way. 

Probably due to eating GMO corn which has terrible effects on the stomach and is causing massive numbers of people to have digestive problems. I know they say it is genetic, but somethings are initiated due to weakness that would not become active without the causative substance.

33 minutes ago, NYROSE said:

Probably due to eating GMO corn which has terrible effects on the stomach and is causing massive numbers of people to have digestive problems. I know they say it is genetic, but somethings are initiated due to weakness that would not become active without the causative substance.

In one of the videos they said that there is a mutation of chromosome 10. Raven and her brother inherited it from their mother.

On 6/29/2017 at 4:25 PM, NYROSE said:

It is not caused by that. I have gastroparesis as well. It's usually caused by genetics or a damaged vagus nerve. 

I am putting out a warning here, the government denies that GMOs are dangerous and so the MDs will tell people ideas that do not consider that source and look elsewhere. Too  many people are being used as a mass experiment...better to look to homeopathy for help, that really gets the experts on their high horses screaming about lack of science...instead it is the lack  of their science capable of being able to assess the function of homeopathy that proves that we are not completely in the know in our methods.

I have been watching Raven and I really like her. She is my favorite hamster to watch. She has a great personality. I am so sorry to see that she has a serious medical problem.

Plus, she has met a wonderful guy on BB and they are having a great Showmance. I think they will last long on the bb show. I hope to learn more about her and what her future holds for her. It makes me sad to see the bad news about her medical problem.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Canopus said:

As was posted on the main page, perhaps you should read this about Raven:

https://www.facebook.com/KatieDiego83/posts/1736119296417288

Something stinks.

Wow.  Sure does.  The girl who wrote the post is anemic and has been near starvation and here we have Raven gaining weight and acting with no care in the world except to count her scars.  Heard her talk about the trip to Sweden too.  Nice vacation on somebody else's dime.

I've seen several things on the net about how Raven is full of it. She may very well have gastro-whatever and that sucks. But that women is right, this could have been a golden opportunity to make people aware and sympathetic to the point of perhaps donating to find a cure. I've never heard of this disease before the show. 

12 hours ago, HeleneL said:

Wow.  Sure does.  The girl who wrote the post is anemic and has been near starvation and here we have Raven gaining weight and acting with no care in the world except to count her scars.  Heard her talk about the trip to Sweden too.  Nice vacation on somebody else's dime.

This really opened my eyes to what Raven's disease really is and how other people live through it without begging the public for money.  I can't believe she is as bad as she says she is when she eats like she does on the show.  I think Katie's message should be out where everyone can see it and stop sending money to the GoFundMe accounts.

2 hours ago, Lamasquerade said:

Attention seeking is one thing,  but taking money from people under false pretense is a whole different thing. She has two dance studios ( that's laughable because she sucks at it), a brand new car and a trip to somewhere under her belt all from gofundmes. 

Thank you! I thought the same thing when I watch her dance on tv. I'm no expert, but she reminds me of my seven year old niece trying to bust a move.

Anyone that is fascinated with this topic (I was because I can't believe what people get away with). Another site has Twitter stuff between her mother and people who called them out and stuff about her brothers. I can't believe the lengths people go to to fool others and the length people go through to obtain information about other people.  Posts are brutal there and she is in for a rude awakening when bb turns her loose. I know BB is lax on the psych testing of their HG, but they should have investigated her a bit more before signing her on. 

Gastroparesis is a condition that can go into remission and then flares up. Raven has a gastric pacemaker which saves some people's lives? Others? No change. 

Also the diet is basically all the things that you are told to lose weight. Low fiber. I can eat candy but not an apple. 

Link to Mayo Clinic with treatments including diet. 

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gastroparesis/diagnosis-treatment/treatment/txc-20323142

• Eat smaller meals more frequently
  • Chew food thoroughly
  • Eat well-cooked fruits and vegetables rather than raw fruits and vegetables
  • Avoid fibrous fruits and vegetables, such as oranges and broccoli, which may cause bezoars
  • Choose mostly low-fat foods, but if you can tolerate them, add small servings of fatty foods to your diet
  • Try soups and pureed foods if liquids are easier for you to swallow
  • Drink about 34 to 51 ounces (1 to 1.5 liters) of water a day
  • Exercise gently after you eat, such as going for a walk
  • Avoid carbonated drinks, alcohol and smoking
  • Try to avoid lying down for 2 hours after a meal
  • Take a multivitamin daily

Here's a brief list of foods recommended for people with gastroparesis (your dietitian can give you a more comprehensive list):

Starches

• White bread and rolls and "light" whole-wheat bread without nuts or seeds
  • Plain or egg bagels
  • English muffins
  • Flour or corn tortillas
  • Pancakes 
  • Puffed wheat and rice cereals
  • Cream of wheat or rice
  • White crackers
  • Potatoes, white or sweet (no skin)
  • Baked french fries
  • Rice
  • Pasta

Protein

• Lean beef, veal and pork (not fried)
  • Chicken or turkey (no skin and not fried)
  • Crab, lobster, shrimp, clams, scallops, oysters
  • Tuna (packed in water)
  • Cottage cheese
  • Eggs
  • Tofu
  • Strained meat baby food

Fruits and vegetables

• Baby food vegetables and fruits
  • Tomato sauce, paste, puree, juice
  • Carrots (cooked)
  • Beets (cooked)
  • Mushrooms (cooked)