Matthew Clines BB19 Houseguest

1 hour ago, Roli said:

Edit:  I'll just add that if BB doesn't expel him, they'll just be setting a precedent that nobody has to follow any rules ever.  They'll look very foolish.

They already look foolish for allowing a houseguest to vote from outside the house. 

And they have now set the precedent that if someone gets injured and cannot compete, they can still stay in the game.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Canopus said:

I don't see the big deal. He's eating regular food. So? It's not like he's trying to murder anyone. A penalty vote is the rule, so just give him one and let him eat regular food.

Matt is also taking hot showers and not sleeping in the HN room. He ignores repeated "Stop That' from BB.

A few seasons ago Chima was ejected from the game for repeated rule violations including ignoring BB so there is a precedent set for his type of behavior.

14 minutes ago, omahaguy said:

Matt is also taking hot showers and not sleeping in the HN room. He ignores repeated "Stop That' from BB.

A few seasons ago Chima was ejected from the game for repeated rule violations including ignoring BB so there is a precedent set for his type of behavior.

I think the biggest thing that led to Chima being removed is that she destroyed property and BB wasn't assured that she would not do it again. 

1 hour ago, joystiick said:

I think the biggest thing that led to Chima being removed is that she destroyed property and BB wasn't assured that she would not do it again. 

Yup, big difference between destroying property, and just refusing punishments. Ultimately, he'll get his punishment vote, and go to jury where he can eat what he wants. It's not like he has a chance in hell of winning the game, and he knows it, so why bother eating slop and having false-hope?

This whole season has been 100% predictable. They should have just given Paul the win back in week 2, instead of the 3-week immunity. Give this boring season a merciful death.

2 hours ago, joystiick said:

Dick destroyed someone's shirt and he got to stay. He also wished rape and death on people and not only did he stay, he won.  That blond girl  a few seasons back makes a comment and she is labeled a racist...Julie Chen goes off on a tirade too about how she had to have surgery to change her Asian looks, all due to the blond girl's comment. But, Cody is transphobic and no one cares and Jessica calls Alex Pao Pao and calls Dominique Davonne and Julie loves her. Point of this story..they're all full of crap and hypocrisy lives on in CBS world.

1 hour ago, Lamasquerade said:

Dick destroyed someone's shirt and he got to stay. He also wished rape and death on people and not only did he stay, he won.  That blond girl  a few seasons back makes a comment and she is labeled a racist...Julie Chen goes off on a tirade too about how she had to have surgery to change her Asian looks, all due to the blond girl's comment. But, Cody is transphobic and no one cares and Jessica calls Alex Pao Pao and calls Dominique Davonne and Julie loves her. Point of this story..they're all full of crap and hypocrisy lives on in CBS world.

Huh? I thought we were talking about Matt not following the rules and people believing he should be punished by expulsion. As to Chima, she threw a mic in the pool. From what I understand those mics are very expensive. I think that is a little different from destroying a shirt, even though at the time, I would have looked the other way if they had thrown Dick's punk ass out. 

9 minutes ago, joystiick said:

Huh? I thought we were talking about Matt not following the rules and people believing he should be punished by expulsion. As to Chima, she threw a mic in the pool. From what I understand those mics are very expensive. I think that is a little different from destroying a shirt, even though at the time, I would have looked the other way if they had thrown Dick's punk ass out. 

Well didn't that woman also destroy all of Dick's cigarettes? I believe she poured bleach on them and all. But who cares? Matt should be punished just to keep other HGs inline the rest of this season and seasons to come.

3 minutes ago, WOC said:

Well didn't that woman also destroy all of Dick's cigarettes? I believe she poured bleach on them and all. But who cares? Matt should be punished just to keep other HGs inline the rest of this season and seasons to come.

I don't remember if Jen did something to his cigarettes or not. I still would have looked the other way. As for Matt, he should try to follow the rules, but the previous standard for violating the have not restrictions were a penalty vote. CBS is worried about their Thursday live show and ratings, but seriously, I think they should just add penalty votes and when he reaches a vote total that cannot be overcome by the other player, he is just evicted on the spot. That is the way I would handle it. Then the Thursday show could be all about how he got himself evicted. 

2 hours ago, NYROSE said:

...the serial cereal killer

lol, I like that description of Matt.  BB 17 Audrey did the same thing.  Knew for sure she was going home and just ignored the HN rules although she did hide out in those dentist chairs and people brought her food.

9 hours ago, joystiick said:

Huh? I quoted you and you brought up Chima. I elaborated. We are discussing rules and there are many  replies regarding rules.  The point is BB tends to rate offenses based on HG popularity, ratings grabbers and offense flavor of the week. If someone does something against the rules they should be gone, period. What's the point of rules of they are not followed? Viewers opinions of how minor or major an offense is should not matter.

2 hours ago, Lamasquerade said:

Huh? I quoted you and you brought up Chima. I elaborated. We are discussing rules and there are many  replies regarding rules.  The point is BB tends to rate offenses based on HG popularity, ratings grabbers and offense flavor of the week. If someone does something against the rules they should be gone, period. What's the point of rules of they are not followed? Viewers opinions of how minor or major an offense is should not matter.

You went off into the stuff about race and Julie going off on the girl and Cody being transphobic. The blond wasn't expelled and as far as I know, being a racist is not against the BB rules. I thought we were just talking about destroying property and breaking rules. 

3 hours ago, Lamasquerade said:

I agree, though I do think they should get warnings.  But flagrant and repeated violations, like Matt is doing, should cause him to be expelled, IMO.  

And the blonde girl is Aaryn Gries.  ;)

40 minutes ago, Roli said:

I agree, though I do think they should get warnings.  But flagrant and repeated violations, like Matt is doing, should cause him to be expelled, IMO.  

And the blonde girl is Aaryn Gries.  ;)

Thanks. I knew it started with an A but I was too lazy to Google. Fair enough, but they would need to set the amount of warnings that meet criteria for expelling the hg.

34 minutes ago, Lamasquerade said:

Thanks. I knew it started with an A but I was too lazy to Google. Fair enough, but they would need to set the amount of warnings that meet criteria for expelling the hg.

Yes.  It's amazing to me that after all of these seasons, BB production still hasn't ironed out the wrinkles.  

I tend to be a by-the-book kind of person.  If there are rules, I try my best to follow them.  It makes life a lot easier, and it makes things a lot simpler if the same rules apply to everyone instead of being arbitrary.  

If BB lets this go without repercussions, future HG's can do the same, especially if they feel pretty safe that the HoH isn't targeting them. I'm sure it has to be in the contract that they will accept/perform any task or punishment BB has within the game. Has he been on slop at all? I can't remember because he is such a nothing on the show.

33 minutes ago, Roli said:

Yes.  It's amazing to me that after all of these seasons, BB production still hasn't ironed out the wrinkles.  

I tend to be a by-the-book kind of person.  If there are rules, I try my best to follow them.  It makes life a lot easier, and it makes things a lot simpler if the same rules apply to everyone instead of being arbitrary.  

They are being applied to everyone. Matt got a penalty vote for violating the rules. That's the rule!  There's nothing that says you get kicked of the game for not eating slop.

25 minutes ago, Canopus said:

They are being applied to everyone. Matt got a penalty vote for violating the rules. That's the rule!  There's nothing that says you get kicked of the game for not eating slop.

I guess I should have inserted the word "effective".  If breaking the rule incurs no real penalty, then it's worthless.  Matt knows he's being evicted.  The penalty vote means nothing.  

When Chima got evicted, Grodner, herself, said that it was for "multiple rule violations".  So, yes, there IS something that says you can get kicked out of the game if you repeatedly break rules.  But BB likes choas because viewers like drama, so I doubt Matt will be deservedly kicked out.  He'll get rewarded with luxury and sex with Raven in the jury house.  

Statement from CBS:

“Chima has been evicted by the producers from the Big Brother house for violating the rules. She will not be part of the show’s jury. Her eviction will be addressed on an upcoming broadcast of the show.”

33 minutes ago, Roli said:

I guess I should have inserted the word "effective".  If breaking the rule incurs no real penalty, then it's worthless.  Matt knows he's being evicted.  The penalty vote means nothing.  

So, why should he bother eating slop all week, if he knows he's getting evicted? There's no impact to the game or other players. When he gets to jury, he can eat what he wants. So what's the big deal about eating what he wants now?

I really don't think anyone should get kicked out unless they break rules which intentionally affects the game or other players. He's only affecting himself, and he's getting a penalty vote as punishment (even if it means little at this point).

1 hour ago, Canopus said:

So, why should he bother eating slop all week, if he knows he's getting evicted? There's no impact to the game or other players. When he gets to jury, he can eat what he wants. So what's the big deal about eating what he wants now?

I really don't think anyone should get kicked out unless they break rules which intentionally affects the game or other players. He's only affecting himself, and he's getting a penalty vote as punishment (even if it means little at this point).

Well, our opinions differ, but neither one of our opinions matter anyway.  :mellow: 

2 hours ago, Roli said:

When Chima got evicted, Grodner, herself, said that it was for "multiple rule violations".  So, yes, there IS something that says you can get kicked out of the game if you repeatedly break rules.  But BB likes choas because viewers like drama, so I doubt Matt will be deservedly kicked out.  He'll get rewarded with luxury and sex with Raven in the jury house.  

Statement from CBS:

“Chima has been evicted by the producers from the Big Brother house for violating the rules. She will not be part of the show’s jury. Her eviction will be addressed on an upcoming broadcast of the show.”

Exactly. It appears rules are only for some people and not for others.

6 minutes ago, graceomalley said:

what does a penalty vote mean in the BB house?  how does it register?  are there so many penalty votes that you get and then you are out?  are you restricted from playing for the veto? HOH? banned from voting for the winner?  do they mean anything at all?

I far as I know, a penalty vote is an automatic vote against you on eviction night. If you are not one of the nominees, you become a 3rd nominee. I believe that happened to one person before. But let's be serious here, if BB did not remove a player who could not participate in normal functions of the game, what grounds do they have for evicting a person for deciding they do not want to eat slop? And, as stated on a number of occasions, the penalty vote is the established penalty for violating the participation rules. Chima and numerous other players have violated almost every rule in the book over the years, In my opinion, Chima would have never been ejected if she had not thrown the mic in the pool. 

4 minutes ago, graceomalley said:

what does a penalty vote mean in the BB house?  how does it register?  are there so many penalty votes that you get and then you are out?  are you restricted from playing for the veto? HOH? banned from voting for the winner?  do they mean anything at all?

Seems like it is just one vote that is applied during the eviction but I don't know. Paul said something about the penalty accumulating but who knows? Would it be one for every day? Every time he eats? Every shower? What if someone does it when they aren't on the block?