Josh Martinez BB19 Houseguest

4 minutes ago, Hikiki said:

Why? The house wasn't going to flip and vote out Elena, despite what Josh wanted.

I don't think she owed him a conversation. She was done with him by them, and I can understand why. 

I would have allowed him to speak, but I'm a middle aged woman with more patience.

I will say that I thought that bathroom interaction was her playing a role though, which I didn't care for. According to her entrance interview, she sees Janelle in herself, but she doesn't pull off those dramatic interactions as well

Maybe it wouldn't have flipped, but it was still worth a try.  She had nothing to lose by hearing Josh out, but she let her personal feelings stop her from doing so.  She gave up.  She conceded the game.  I would expect more from someone who proclaimed to love the game.  And Cody said his favorite player was Dan Gheesling.  Obviously he forgot about Dan's epic game play.  Never give up.  

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, joystiick said:

Yeah, a lot of if's. From her perspective, Josh had been goading them and gloating since the start of the game. They had already had a big blow up, I can understand her thinking that all Josh was looking to do was gloat some more. 

Yep, I recognized that she was at her wit's end at that point.  And I doubt the house would have flipped completely but a couple more votes might have been thrown to Elena and/or Raven and she wouldn't have been completely annihilated with the 7 to 1.

6 minutes ago, NYROSE said:

I hate movies that run the plot based on the characters not saying some essential truth that causes all the misunderstanding and drama to continue. Yet here we have seen that thrice now at least in BB...Jess had a temptation and she was eager to let Paul know what it was, but he would not ask...and then Josh wanted Elena out but neither Jess nor Cody would let him tell them. And it seems no one is noticing that Kevin really wanted to align with them...yet he made the mistake of including Paul in his line up...and yet if Jody had bothered to let him know that Paul in being in his list made the list unworkable...he probably would have recanted it...such a group of idiots...ugh.

Lol that is so true!!

1 minute ago, Roli said:

Maybe it wouldn't have flipped, but it was still worth a try.  She had nothing to lose by hearing Josh out, but she let her personal feelings stop her from doing so.  She gave up.  She conceded the game.  I would expect more from someone who proclaimed to love the game.  And Cody said his favorite player was Dan Gheesling.  Obviously he forgot about Dan's epic game play.  Never give up.  

Its a little unfair to compare Dan and Cody. For one, Dan has people skills that Cody can only envy. People just don't like or trust Cody enough to give him a chance.

And that's the point, no one is giving them a chance. Paul had them firmly locked outside of the 'house'. They aren't blind or too stupid to see what is going on. I don't know how you could splinter the house when everyone runs to Paul and tell him everything so he can shut it down.

Another key difference between Dan and Cody is on Dan's season there wasn't one person with a firm grip on the house, controlling them as a bizarre multi stemmed organism like an ocotopus that can shed limbs when they are no longer functional.

19 minutes ago, NYROSE said:

I hate movies that run the plot based on the characters not saying some essential truth that causes all the misunderstanding and drama to continue. Yet here we have seen that thrice now at least in BB...Jess had a temptation and she was eager to let Paul know what it was, but he would not ask...and then Josh wanted Elena out but neither Jess nor Cody would let him tell them. And it seems no one is noticing that Kevin really wanted to align with them...yet he made the mistake of including Paul in his line up...and yet if Jody had bothered to let him know that Paul in being in his list made the list unworkable...he probably would have recanted it...such a group of idiots...ugh.

If there were a few smart people in the house, Mark, Elana, Matt and Raven would have a tight side group and they could pull in 2 or 3 extra to control the vote and run the house. But, I think Mark would be the only one willing to go that route, the lips of the others are glued to Paul's ass. Matt and Raven should know that couples become targets when their numbers are no longer needed. It is just a matter of time before they are Paul's targets. 

2 minutes ago, Hikiki said:

Another key difference between Dan and Cody is on Dan's season there wasn't one person with a firm grip on the house, controlling them as a bizarre multi stemmed organism like an ocotopus that can shed limbs when they are no longer functional.

LMAO! Perfect!

3 minutes ago, Hikiki said:

Its a little unfair to compare Dan and Cody. For one, Dan has people skills that Cody can only envy. People just don't like or trust Cody enough to give him a chance.

And that's the point, no one is giving them a chance. Paul had them firmly locked outside of the 'house'. They aren't blind or too stupid to see what is going on. I don't know how you could splinter the house when everyone runs to Paul and tell him everything so he can shut it down.

My point was that Dan never gave up.  Cody and Jessica did.  What's the point of giving up?  You're there anyway, so why not spend your time trying every damned thing you can think of to try.  Instead they ran off to their bed and licked their wounds.  

No matter how futile things may seem, giving up should not be an option.  I don't admire quitters.  

29 minutes ago, Roli said:

yes...and was Dan the one who engineered that fantastic scenario ...I forget what it was all about...but there was one player who came up with a story that absolutely turned the house...I'd love to watch that piece of mastery again...he deserved to win for that.

15 minutes ago, NYROSE said:

yes...and was Dan the one who engineered that fantastic scenario ...I forget what it was all about...but there was one player who came up with a story that absolutely turned the house...I'd love to watch that piece of mastery again...he deserved to win for that.

The difference is that Dan was a veteran and he was playing with a bunch of dummies, some who was even dumber than the group that is there now. He also had some magic dust in his pocket and maybe a little help from production. The biggest part though was being a veteran and understanding how the game is played. What really helps the veteran is not only the experience of playing a season, but, having the opportunity to go back and review that season on tape, getting to see the visual and verbal cues that were missed the first time really puts you head and shoulders above the new competition. 

31 minutes ago, Roli said:

My point was that Dan never gave up.  Cody and Jessica did.  What's the point of giving up?  You're there anyway, so why not spend your time trying every damned thing you can think of to try.  Instead they ran off to their bed and licked their wounds.  

No matter how futile things may seem, giving up should not be an option.  I don't admire quitters.  

I don't think they gave up but preferred to play the game from bed. If they chose that route, fine nobody cares but then don't turn it around and act like you were victimized throughout the game. They were two people who could have split their time running from room to room to get the 411 on what was really happening in the house. Bedmates yes, teamwork no.

7 minutes ago, joystiick said:

The difference is that Dan was a veteran and he was playing with a bunch of dummies, some who was even dumber than the group that is there now. He also had some magic dust in his pocket and maybe a little help from production. The biggest part though was being a veteran and understanding how the game is played. What really helps the veteran is not only the experience of playing a season, but, having the opportunity to go back and review that season on tape, getting to see the visual and verbal cues that were missed the first time really puts you head and shoulders above the new competition. 

Maybe a vet entering the house but outnumbered from the start. It's numbers that count. Same with Paul and they could have taken him out from the beginning, but they didnt. 

3 minutes ago, Lamasquerade said:

Maybe a vet entering the house but outnumbered from the start. It's numbers that count. Same with Paul and they could have taken him out from the beginning, but they didnt. 

Actually they couldn't because he was safe for three weeks. Cody tried, see what that got him!

6 minutes ago, WOC said:

Actually they couldn't because he was safe for three weeks. Cody tried, see what that got him!

yea but again had Jess put Paul up in Ramses place...Josh would probably have gone home, but it is also possible that the HGs would have seen their opportunity...they really can not be that blind, dumb, unaware, and deluded...

59 minutes ago, Hikiki said:

LOL!  Truth!  Great post!

13 minutes ago, WOC said:

They had three weeks to plan an exit for him, but they embraced him. They didn't like Cody and that's the difference. they took to Paul for whatever reason.  Maybe they were looking for a leader that had a personality. Cody didn't like Paul because he didn't get a friendship bracelet, that's how I see it.

42 minutes ago, Lamasquerade said:

I don't think they gave up but preferred to play the game from bed. If they chose that route, fine nobody cares but then don't turn it around and act like you were victimized throughout the game. They were two people who could have split their time running from room to room to get the 411 on what was really happening in the house. Bedmates yes, teamwork no.

I remember Amanda and McCrae spent most of their time in bed but Amanda made sure she got up and stomped around the house often enough to keep her hand in everything that was going on. I don't think McCrae did much to keep them solid in their alliances, it was pretty much all Amanda's work. Jessica was never able to really pull anyone close again after Cody threw Paul and then Xmas on the block. She didn't have the personality to charm or lead. And then Paul was playing the betrayed victim for the rest of the sheep who just happily turned their games over into his hands. 

27 minutes ago, straykat said:

I remember Amanda and McCrae spent most of their time in bed but Amanda made sure she got up and stomped around the house often enough to keep her hand in everything that was going on. I don't think McCrae did much to keep them solid in their alliances, it was pretty much all Amanda's work. Jessica was never able to really pull anyone close again after Cody threw Paul and then Xmas on the block. She didn't have the personality to charm or lead. And then Paul was playing the betrayed victim for the rest of the sheep who just happily turned their games over into his hands. 

I couldn't remember her name, and yes, they spent a lot of time in bed. For a major part of the game, she was basically running the show. She could be a bully also and she treated Rachel's sister so bad.  But, in that situation, they eventually voted her out because the guys had a strong side alliance going and they were ready to take advantage when they got the opportunity. Personally, I don't see that happening here. I could be proven wrong, but, I think they all see themselves being f2 with Paul.

7 minutes ago, joystiick said:

I couldn't remember her name, and yes, they spent a lot of time in bed. For a major part of the game, she was basically running the show. She could be a bully also and she treated Rachel's sister so bad.  But, in that situation, they eventually voted her out because the guys had a strong side alliance going and they were ready to take advantage when they got the opportunity. Personally, I don't see that happening here. I could be proven wrong, but, I think they all see themselves being f2 with Paul.

I agree. None of them have shown any sign of being able to pull a good voting block together that is outside of Paul's control. Maven think they are the ones tight with Paul. Jason and Alex think the same. Kevin thinks it's him and Paul for F2. Josh thinks everyone loves him and has no plan. By this time, I would think Mark and Elena know exactly where they are in the house, at the bottom right above Cody. If some of them don't wake up soon, they will go meekly to the gallows at Paul's direction and sit in jury wondering how they ended up evicted. 

2 hours ago, Hikiki said:

completely agree -

3 hours ago, NYROSE said:

Are you referring to Dan's funeral? 

13 minutes ago, Roli said:

Are you referring to Dan's funeral? 

somehow this does not strike a chord of what he did...and yet I guess this did turn the tables...but i don't see how in retrospect. Maybe it was some scheme he did the first time in the game? Did he win with this...or was there some other story he told that got him a win? Thanks so much for trying to make my wish come true...you are kind.

3 hours ago, Lamasquerade said:

However crappy Josh's personality may be to some at least he has one,  unlike Jessica and Cody.  

I would take Jessica and Cody and their personalities over Josh's.  I find him loud, arrogant (for no reason), boring, and....  shall I say it.... dumb.  Part of the dumb just comes with his age I suppose, but he is very tiresome.  He is obnoxious and a total bore, and if I ran into him in real life I would get away as fast as possible.  Like many young, dumb guys, he seems to be totally unaware of his limitations.  A little humility would go a long way for him, and for a few others on this show.  I am no fan of Cody either, but Josh is probably my least favorite of all.  He is as rude as anyone else on the show, can dish it out, but can't take it. I have no patience for people like that.   The world if full of people who like to be rude to others, but want everyone to treat them well.  If you dish it out, you better be able to take it.

4 minutes ago, WhatADay said:

I would take Jessica and Cody and their personalities over Josh's.  I find him loud, arrogant (for no reason), boring, and....  shall I say it.... dumb.  Part of the dumb just comes with his age I suppose, but he is very tiresome.  He is obnoxious and a total bore, and if I ran into him in real life I would get away as fast as possible.  Like many young, dumb guys, he seems to be totally unaware of his limitations.  A little humility would go a long way for him, and for a few others on this show.  I am no fan of Cody either, but Josh is probably my least favorite of all.  He is as rude as anyone else on the show, can dish it out, but can't take it. I have no patience for people like that.   The world if full of people who like to be rude to others, but want everyone to treat them well.  If you dish it out, you better be able to take it.

I agree that they all need to have a thick skin to live there. Speaking of dishing it out and taking it, I just watched a YouTube video from July 3 titled "confrontations" and Jessica was so pissed because Megan made it personal by insinuating that she made a racial comment about Alex. Jessica said it should be about the game and not personal, yet she made it personal with Josh by asking him to spell and calling him fat. In that video she also accused Megan of diverting the attention away from herself by implicating Jess as a racist because megan was on the block. All I could think was that 40 something days later and that video is Jessica's karma and she did the same thing that she accused Megan of. Yes they all need to take it the same way they dish it out. Josh is a big baby and he continues to amuse me. 

5 hours ago, Lamasquerade said:

I agree that they all need to have a thick skin to live there. Speaking of dishing it out and taking it, I just watched a YouTube video from July 3 titled "confrontations" and Jessica was so pissed because Megan made it personal by insinuating that she made a racial comment about Alex. Jessica said it should be about the game and not personal, yet she made it personal with Josh by asking him to spell and calling him fat. In that video she also accused Megan of diverting the attention away from herself by implicating Jess as a racist because megan was on the block. All I could think was that 40 something days later and that video is Jessica's karma and she did the same thing that she accused Megan of. Yes they all need to take it the same way they dish it out. Josh is a big baby and he continues to amuse me. 

Me too! he he he  I hope he will come out of this experience with his eyes wide open, realizing that not everyone is as kind as his "familia".  The real world will chew you up and spit you out if you let it, and I don't think he is/was ready for the likes of some of these personal attacks on him.  

He is just a kid after all.