Josh Martinez BB19 Houseguest

13 hours ago, HeleneL said:

Well I knew it wasn't the Canadian border lol.  Had no idea what Beaner meant and even checked Josh's profile thinking he might be from Boston (beantown).  Anyway I'm French Canadian and I've been called a Frog more times than I can remember lol.  Just let it roll off my back.

I'm from the deep south and am French Canadian decent as well. Down here we are referred to as "Cajuns". A more localized term for Cajun is "coonass".  Depending how you use that word it could be interpreted as being humorous, sarcastic or derogatory. My use of the word beaner in an earlier comment was used in a humorous context but was interpreted as a racist remark by a poster looking to toss out the race card.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, SugarB said:

Kicked them out for what?  Since when is it against the rules to antagonize people - as long as you don't lay hands on them, they never do anything about that kind of stuff.  If everybody is all kumbaya all the time, it would be pretty boring IMO. 

Hi SugarB. Long time no see.

The threads have been invaded by powder puffs.

4 hours ago, stevea11 said:

I'm from the deep south and am French Canadian decent as well. Down here we are referred to as "Cajuns". A more localized term for Cajun is "coonass".  Depending how you use that word it could be interpreted as being humorous, sarcastic or derogatory. My use of the word beaner in an earlier comment was used in a humorous context but was interpreted as a racist remark by a poster looking to toss out the race card.

Small world, in-laws are Acadians aka Cajuns, with a name like LeBlanc. 

5 hours ago, stevea11 said:

Not trying to jump on anyone's bandwagon..... I'm a born US citizen, by way of Canadian and Canjun decent... I find beaner and coonass to be a words I'd be b!tch slapped and/or fired for using. My parent of Canadian decent used and was humored by these words, even though he should have found them derogatory, especially seeing how his childrens ethenticity is mixed. It's ignorance but humourous to some.

Now, back to topic.

On 8/8/2017 at 8:45 PM, HeleneL said:

Might have something to do with the article I read from a link posted by a LFU a few days ago.  The reporter was saying how disgusted people were with Josh and Paul's behavior and wanted CBS to step up and kick them both out of the house.

Wouldn't that have been wonderful.  Paul's manipulation of all HGs is so sad to watch.  I can understand Josh following Paul's orders but for the rest to do so.  I am shocked this season, and saddened.

7 hours ago, Aldrich said:

Wouldn't that have been wonderful.  Paul's manipulation of all HGs is so sad to watch.  I can understand Josh following Paul's orders but for the rest to do so.  I am shocked this season, and saddened.

I'm with you... I've lost interest but hubby still watches... I want to scream at them all being manipulated by Paul and I had hope Christmas was seeing thru that... then she allows Paul to manipulate her into using her power... ugh what a sad sad group this season!!

3 hours ago, canadagrl said:

I'm with you... I've lost interest but hubby still watches... I want to scream at them all being manipulated by Paul and I had hope Christmas was seeing thru that... then she allows Paul to manipulate her into using her power... ugh what a sad sad group this season!!

Didn't think anyone manipulated her..she said it herself it was payback for what Cody did at the beginning of the game and now she's taking out his gf.

49 minutes ago, joystiick said:

I can't believe this guy. Paul says go tell her to spell evicted and he jumps up and runs to do it. I hope Paul doesn't tell him to bark or roll over.  

He'll do anything Paul tells him to do.  Oddly, he was actually on the right track to target nasty Elena which would have been better for his game.

Then with just the slightest provocation from Paul, Josh flips and does what is best for Paul's game.  Idiot.

7 minutes ago, carmen said:

He'll do anything Paul tells him to do.  Oddly, he was actually on the right track to target nasty Elena which would have been better for his game.

Then with just the slightest provocation from Paul, Josh flips and does what is best for Paul's game.  Idiot.

Actually the "provocation" was from Jessica.  She bitched her way right out of the house.  She gave up trying to stay in the house and decided to show what an ass she is instead.  She made it personal and deserved to lose.  

1 minute ago, Roli said:

Actually the "provocation" was from Jessica.  She bitched her way right out of the house.  She gave up trying to stay in the house and decided to show what an ass she is instead.  She made it personal and deserved to lose.  

That's what I saw too and wonder if I'm watching something different than what other people watch. Jess and Cody have no one to blame but themselves. Sex was more important than winning until they have one foot out the door.

1 minute ago, Lamasquerade said:

That's what I saw too and wonder if I'm watching something different than what other people watch. Jess and Cody have no one to blame but themselves. Sex was more important than winning until they have one foot out the door.

I'll be very surprised to see Cody do anything but sulk for the rest of his time there.  And in jury too.  :D

2 minutes ago, Roli said:

I'll be very surprised to see Cody do anything but sulk for the rest of his time there.  And in jury too.  :D

Haha i wrote he will sulk too..but I think he will come out of it and realize he will need big money to keep Jessica in false eyelashes. Lol

3 minutes ago, Lamasquerade said:

Haha i wrote he will sulk too..but I think he will come out of it and realize he will need big money to keep Jessica in false eyelashes. Lol

After deducting the child support that I hope he's decent enough to pay, he's going to have a hard time keeping Jessica in hair extensions too.  

Ugh.  The idea of Jessica as a step-mother just makes me cringe.  I doubt Cody's daughter's mother thinks much of her.  

14 minutes ago, Roli said:

It was hilarious!  Doesn't matter who planted the idea.  

E V I C T E D!!!

:lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol: :lol:

I thought that was beyond funny... And she deserved it.  Did anyone else notice how Cody always spoke for her?  When a question was posed to her, he would answer with "We..."  they got everything coming to them.  Especially Jess.  This girl has a rude awakening coming to her once out of the house.  

Just now, Roli said:

After deducting the child support that I hope he's decent enough to pay, he's going to have a hard time keeping Jessica in hair extensions too.  

Ugh.  The idea of Jessica as a step-mother just makes me cringe.  I doubt Cody's daughter's mother thinks much of her.  

I doubt they will make it that far. I wasn't a fan of Jeff and Jordan and Brendon and Rachael but the kids and marriages ended up real. They achieved that by building the relationship that didn't happen overnight..Jess and Cody spend half the season in bed and call it love. All sex and nothing of anything else.

In the end, Josh ended up with a wasted HOH, because Jess eviction helps Paul's game a lot more than it helps his. It was just another week as if Paul was the HOH because he got absolutely everything he wanted. None of these people know how to play. It seems as if CBS intentionally went out and found 10 - 12 people who did not understand anything about BB and then they put Paul in for the win. 

13 minutes ago, joystiick said:

In the end, Josh ended up with a wasted HOH, because Jess eviction helps Paul's game a lot more than it helps his. It was just another week as if Paul was the HOH because he got absolutely everything he wanted. None of these people know how to play. It seems as if CBS intentionally went out and found 10 - 12 people who did not understand anything about BB and then they put Paul in for the win. 

ITA.  And the ones who have resisted Paul have been scapegoated to no end.  I dislike Cody and Jessica, but the pile on hate (I would argue) is a direct result of Paul.

It would be scary to go a different path away from Paul for fear of being another scapegoat, but if enough of them pull together maybe they could get some steam to take

away some of the power Paul currently has.  If no one's going to do it, they might as well write Paul a check right now and save the rest of us from the misery of

watching this disaster.

Josh is the meatball, Paul just keeps rolling him the shape he wants.  The only 2 ppl he told Jess wasn't his target was Paul & Xmas and they said oh yes she is.  Not sure but I think Paul put Josh up to the shit he said about Jess  at  noms.  Too bad but Josh did show a smidget of backbone.  Do you think the houseguest know that only ONE person wins 500,000?  TA TA TA DA TA......

3 minutes ago, carmen said:

ITA.  And the ones who have resisted Paul have been scapegoated to no end.  I dislike Cody and Jessica, but the pile on hate (I would argue) is a direct result of Paul.

It would be scary to go a different path away from Paul for fear of being another scapegoat, but if enough of them pull together maybe they could get some steam to take

away some of the power Paul currently has.  If no one's going to do it, they might as well write Paul a check right now and save the rest of us from the misery of

watching this disaster.

Normally, by this point in the season, you have a couple of serious side alliances of 2-4 people that are just waiting for an opportunity to make a move. This season, it seems every one of the players is looking for a way to please Paul. I am not seeing where any of them are thinking about ways that they might get Paul out and they are not thinking about what happens if they are sitting beside Paul at the end.